Canadian Corner Eh? (Buy/Sell/Trade/Chat)

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
DarkenedShrine
Art Expert

Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:01 pm

If anyone's looking for a James Jean Akira, shoot me a PM.

cheers
ImageImageImage
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:42 pm

Anyone else noticed Paypal is now converting money received in US$ to CAD$ automatically or is it just me?
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
veltri
Art Expert

Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:00 pm

I've noticed this. No point anymore in keeping a balance.
I also cannot change my address to a US address when sending funds, although it still works through ebay.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
alittle
Art Freak

Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:03 pm

tranito wrote:Anyone else noticed Paypal is now converting money received in US$ to CAD$ automatically or is it just me?
I've noticed this too. Pretty drymounting annoying. How nice of them to exchange my money at their egregious F/X rates without my consent.

If you invoice the buyer USD, it seems to stay in USD when they pay.
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:27 pm

alittle wrote:If you invoice the buyer USD, it seems to stay in USD when they pay.
Thanks for that. If that works, it's a nice way around it and I'd stricly do invoice from now on.

I've called them, spoke to someone and escalated it to a manager. Both of them told me it has always been this way. Yeah right, like I wouldn't know.. The ton of cash they'll put it their pockets with that little trick..

I believe they take 2,5% on the conversion, so that's 5% total to automatically convert to CAD and to reconvert to USD to purchase (say you sold a poster in USD and want to buy another one in USD). The scam! More than doubles up the fees associated with Paypal..
That's why I always kept a US balance for art purchases otherwise you really get shafted on the conversion..
I'm honestly outraged that they started doing this with absolutely no notice.

Also, if you go in your Paypal balance under ''Details'', then ''Manage Currencies'', you'll see that you should be able to have control over this, but it doesn't seem to work anyway.. :hanging:
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
bethemonkey
Art Expert

Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:09 pm

When they go to pay (even without an invoice) it defaults to CDN, but you just tell them to change it and it should be fine. Had to refund a few people and get them to re-send in USD.
tranito wrote:
alittle wrote:If you invoice the buyer USD, it seems to stay in USD when they pay.
Thanks for that. If that works, it's a nice way around it and I'd stricly do invoice from now on.

I've called them, spoke to someone and escalated it to a manager. Both of them told me it has always been this way. Yeah right, like I wouldn't know.. The ton of cash they'll put it their pockets with that little trick..

I believe they take 2,5% on the conversion, so that's 5% total to automatically convert to CAD and to reconvert to USD to purchase (say you sold a poster in USD and want to buy another one in USD). The scam! More than doubles up the fees associated with Paypal..
That's why I always kept a US balance for art purchases otherwise you really get shafted on the conversion..
I'm honestly outraged that they started doing this with absolutely no notice.

Also, if you go in your Paypal balance under ''Details'', then ''Manage Currencies'', you'll see that you should be able to have control over this, but it doesn't seem to work anyway.. :hanging:
I'm in Canada and it costs more to ship everywhere, so get over it.
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:18 pm

You mean that when someone in the US sends money to someone in Canada, now the default is CAD instead of USD which is why it gets converted? But if we ask them to switch it up to USD, it'll still get send in USD as it used to and won't be converted? Awesome!
bethemonkey
Art Expert

Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:25 pm

As far as I can tell.... will need to wait until another sale I suppose.
tranito wrote:You mean that when someone in the US sends money to someone in Canada, now the default is CAD instead of USD which is why it gets converted? But if we ask them to switch it up to USD, it'll still get send in USD as it used to and won't be converted? Awesome!
QballDS
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:05 pm

Looking to pick up a couple Stout Handbills / small prints and given their size, I'd prefer if someone in Canada has them.

1. The new Avengers print (Copper Variant is preferable), but either will do. (I don't think these have reached Canada yet as Stout said they would be mailed this week, but perhaps you picked one up at SDCC)
2. The Lebowski 3 piece set.

Preference is to buy both from one person and have them shipped flat to Toronto (or I can pick them up locally).

$175 CDN?
ImageImage
JohnnyThunder
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:23 pm

anybody get tickets to Metallica show at opera house?... want to take me?.. lolol lots of art to giveaway
sir_smokealot
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:17 pm

Do any of you guys know of a place in Canada that sells good quality shipping tubes?
Go tell the women that we're leaving.
alittle
Art Freak

Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:39 pm

These are fine: https://www.uline.ca/grp_74_heavyduty/H ... raft-Tubes

The wall thickness is just a hair thinner than a standard yazoo (0.125 vs 0.15)
bethemonkey
Art Expert

Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:32 pm

If you buy more you would not this issue or sold less... take your pick.
sir_smokealot wrote:Do any of you guys know of a place in Canada that sells good quality shipping tubes?
sir_smokealot
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:18 pm

alittle wrote:These are fine: https://www.uline.ca/grp_74_heavyduty/H ... raft-Tubes

The wall thickness is just a hair thinner than a standard yazoo (0.125 vs 0.15)
Thanks, Ill check them out!
bethemonkey wrote:If you buy more you would not this issue or sold less... take your pick.
:lol: I can't even remember the last poster I purchased.
Go tell the women that we're leaving.
novascotiapower
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:54 am

Hey there! I'm in the market for a flat file, where did all my Canadian brethren score theirs? Thanks!