EB Site Issues & Upgrades

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:42 pm

Perhaps if the needs were known, you could have investors keep the site running.
How much money we talking here?
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:49 pm

I'm sure a lot of regular users would be happy to donate, such as myself and others who have posted. I'd also think you'd be surprised by what this community can do when they join forces. I've seen this rag tag group come together and produce sizable donations for random strangers in times of need.
ImageT.K.C.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:01 pm

Had no idea about the ebay link. Also, count me in for a fundraiser... whatever I can do to keep this place chugging along.
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:07 pm

I'd pay a few hunge to have ban exempt status.

#freethermalerection
#freeoctopissy
jmagee87
Art Expert

Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:22 pm

alittle wrote:I'd pay a few hunge to have ban exempt status.

#freethermalerection
#freeoctopissy
This :P #bigmikeforever
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
aahnutz
EB Team

Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:54 pm

o4phish20o wrote:Perhaps if the needs were known, you could have investors keep the site running.
We're not looking for investors. We just merely need the necessary funds to upgrade the site and continue to offer membership for free.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
jellomcmonkeyfish
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:08 pm

FINALLY, someone says how beans gets paid from ebay!
Sounds like just posting the auctions doesn't do jack if people don't know why they're doing it. If I knew this sooner, I would've known how to help more YEARS ago but I felt like it was privileged info, like maybe beans got paid just for advertising the auctions for ebay and I've asked, too.
I'll access my ebay poster shopping links through beans from now on and will tell 5k facebook friends to do the same. Many of them are collectors, and most of those use beans too.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:17 pm

Yes, it's been a HUGE secret. It hasn't been at the top of the fuggin page under the News section for 9 years or anything.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
fredo
Art God

Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:17 pm

just a foil for me today, thanks
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:24 pm

aahnutz wrote:
o4phish20o wrote:Perhaps if the needs were known, you could have investors keep the site running.
We're not looking for investors. We just merely need the necessary funds to upgrade the site and continue to offer membership for free.
I hope you don't need much money then.... if you need a few grand or more from someone, you better be offering up some sort of Mod Privileges, lifetime non-ban status, extra site features, etc. Like any GoFundMe venture, you gotta give something to those who contribute.

Perhaps getting Jim Pollock to do another EB Print and donating all the proceeds to the sites maintenance fees is the better route to take.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:27 pm

aahnutz wrote:
We're not looking for investors, we just need people to invest money in the site. :lol: J/K, I get the difference, but when someone like phish420 asks How much, you should jump at the chance!!

The lack of transparency bugs me. The fact that EB is a not-for-profit and not a non-profit bugs me. That's why I stopped donating cash and only do the eBay thing and help with the database when I can. Why are you guys so reticent about giving hard numbers? And is this really just a case where if we throw money at these problems, all would be perfect within days or weeks?
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
fredo
Art God

Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:30 pm

Right? I mean, what business doesn't publish all of its finances on a message board?
just a foil for me today, thanks
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:33 pm

aahnutz wrote:We just merely need the necessary funds to upgrade the site and continue to offer membership for free.
We just merely need to know how much and what for and I bet your funds issue would be solved within a week.

Another message board I frequent regularly posts the server bill when due and members (free membership) donate regularly.
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:40 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
aahnutz wrote:
We're not looking for investors, we just need people to invest money in the site. :lol: J/K, I get the difference, but when someone like phish420 asks How much, you should jump at the chance!!

The lack of transparency bugs me. The fact that EB is a not-for-profit and not a non-profit bugs me. That's why I stopped donating cash and only do the eBay thing and help with the database when I can. Why are you guys so reticent about giving hard numbers? And is this really just a case where if we throw money at these problems, all would be perfect within days or weeks?
I don't really get what's so funny about it. The site needs money and like you said are not open about the needs.
Are EBs expectations that people will just give thousands upon thousands of dollars and expect/get nothing in return?

And why should it matter if I give them cash vs the next guy? Is this site biased towards certain groups of people or something?
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:49 pm

aahnutz wrote:We have been in active talks about what is needed to upgrade the site and how much it will cost.
I think some of us, myself included, overlooked this very important fact. Even though these issues have been going on for months and months, it sounds like the people who run the site still don't actually know what needs to be done or how much it would cost. They can't tell us what they need because they literally don't know. All they know at this point is that revenue is down and it needs to come up.

ErocAfellar wrote:We just need to know how much and what for and I bet your funds issue would be solved within a week.
QFT. Tons of money on this board.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.