Important notice - Please read - Adding art

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
aahnutz
EB Team

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:14 am

Due to technical issues, most team members have been unable to approve new art submissions for the past few weeks. Now that that function has finally been restored, the result is an enormous list of art (400+ pieces) that needs to be approved. Thanks to theperfecttree, we have a google list of art already submitted for approval. Before submitting new art, please check the list and see if it is already in the queue. This will help speed up the approval process and will save you time in not submitting art that is already in the queue. Thanks for your patience.

EB New Art Queue
^link to google doc spreadsheet
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
alittle
Art Freak

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:19 am

Mfaith would have that queue sorted in a day.

#justsayin
aahnutz
EB Team

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:09 am

alittle wrote:Mfaith would have that queue sorted in a day.

#justsayin
I doubt that very much, but thanks for the suggestion.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:56 am

Very thankful for all that the MODS do.
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:52 pm

cargoflipper wrote:Very thankful for all that the MODS do.
Also very impressed that in "the past few weeks" there have been over 400 pieces of art submitted to the database! That's tremendous, and a real testament to just how awesome this community is. :clap:
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
theperfecttree
EB Team

Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:11 pm

List is updated and we'll keep chipping away. In the meantime please continue submitting new art.
EB New Art Queue
earlgreytoast wrote:
Also very impressed that in "the past few weeks" there have been over 400 pieces of art submitted to the database! That's tremendous, and a real testament to just how awesome this community is. :clap:
that's normal / on the slow side for a few weeks
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:09 pm

Courtesy bump
theperfecttree
EB Team

Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:01 pm

EB New Art Queue
^ updated Sept 1st

---

regarding variants: prefer if Variants/APs were added through the corrections thread rather than submitted as new art. When done that way we have to download the image, find the unique info we need in the submission, delete the submission, search the DB for the regular edition, add the info, and then reupload the image

on our end it's easier/faster if you can wait until the art is approved, upload the image yourself, and then post in the corrections thread to add an edition along with the relevant info (run size, $, ect). hope this doesn't come across as complaining as it's not meant to be. All submissions are welcome and appreciated. just looking to streamline things a bit :)
SPAC04
Art Expert

Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:08 pm

sbarkertn
Art Enthusiast

Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:53 pm

I don't know if this affecting more people than just myself or not but for the past few months, I have not been receiving the standard email informing me that my submission has been approved.

Is there any update on this?
golobulus
Art Expert

Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:57 pm

Thanks so much for the queue! This is such a great feature to avoid redundant submissions.
soam24
Art Freak

Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:26 pm

golobulus wrote:Thanks so much for the queue! This is such a great feature to avoid redundant submissions.

You think people are going to check this prior to submissions.. ?
golobulus
Art Expert

Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:29 pm

soam24 wrote:
golobulus wrote:Thanks so much for the queue! This is such a great feature to avoid redundant submissions.

You think people are going to check this prior to submissions.. ?
I have always wanted to. Why waste your time putting together redundant submissions :wink:
JellyPA
Art Enthusiast

Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:48 pm

I submitted a print twice, I believe, last month. It is not listed in the spreadsheet and has not been added to the database.

Have the issues caused some submissions to be lost? I have submitted art in the past and I don't recall if I get an email confirming the submission.

Should I resubmit? The submission was Little Feat 07 tour poster by Dick Bangham.
theperfecttree
EB Team

Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:15 pm

EB New Art Queue <- updated Sept 28th

helpful links to check out before submitting.-
How to Add Art to the Database
Naming New Art Entries

--

as far as I'm aware there have been no issues with art entries falling out of the queue. Would rather folks not resubmit as duplicate entries only back things up more :)

thanks for everyone's patience