Currency Wars, USD, YEN, Bitcoin and what it means to you.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
fnord
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:10 pm

Yeah, wild weekend.
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
hax0n
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:30 pm

fnord wrote:Yeah, wild weekend.
wants to take $720! Exciting times! :D
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
hax0n
Art Expert

Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:57 pm

DAO hacked and lost a major amount of ETH.

ETH dropped by 25% today. ouch...

electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
applehead
Art Expert

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:30 pm

Ethereum was up 100% over the past 10 days, so today's hit could have been a lot worse. I bought when it was $14 and dropped to just above $10. It will go back up and I believe will remain as the #2 cryptocurrency for a long time, but time will tell. I've read a considerable amount about Ether/Ethereum, and it's going to last, along with BitCoin. It will never ever be valued on the scale of BitCoin imo, but it will be around to stay. I view BitCoin as a vault and Ethereum as a wallet. I like the programmability of Ethereum, where contracts, wills, escrow, etc can be programmed in and used much easier than BitCoin, which is not so programmatically friendly. Ethereum will be easier for businesses to use. It's worth reading about imo. I look forward to the day when paper currency is gone, and I have no doubt that will happen some day, one way or another. I own a small quantity of bitcoin. My last purchase was about a month ago when bitcoin was around $400. It was tough because my previous purchase was around $250/bitcoin. But, I've almost doubled that recent purchase in a month. fudge went crazy right around Memorial Day Weekend. If for any reason bitcoin drops below 600 again, I'm using USD to buy some more, but I think I'm just being hopeful on the 600 price point. It's a lot of fun, and there are a lot of cryptocurrencys out there, and bitcoin and ether are the 2 i'm focused in on. Great stuff, glad to see others interested on here.
applehead
Art Expert

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:32 pm

It would be super sweet to see either bitcoin or ethereum escrow accounts added to ExpressoBeans for sales directly from sellers and buyers on here.
hax0n
Art Expert

Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:07 pm

applehead wrote:It would be super sweet to see either bitcoin or ethereum escrow accounts added to ExpressoBeans for sales directly from sellers and buyers on here.
Yeah that's most likely never going to happen. Check my sig for more info. :lol:
applehead
Art Expert

Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:12 pm

yeah i was aware it was a total pipe dream, but a great idea none the less.

i'm working a personal coding project that may be extendable simply from a link from an EB user's profile. We'll see how it goes.
teddydunski
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:00 am

Looking more legitament than ever to me: http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/cf-bitc ... -rate.html

CME CF Bitcoin Reference Rate & CME CF Bitcoin Real Time Index
CME Group and Crypto Facilities Ltd. are proud to announce CME CF Bitcoin Reference Rate (BRR) and CME CF Bitcoin Real Time Index (BRTI), a standardized reference rate and spot price index with independent oversight to help accelerate the professionalization of bitcoin trading and further establish digital assets as a new asset class. Beta testing for both BRR and BRTI will begin in mid-September 2016, with expected launch in the fourth quarter of 2016.
CME Group is collaborating with several bitcoin exchanges and trading platforms to provide pricing data, including Bitfinex, Bitstamp, Coinbase, Genesis Global Trading, itBit, and Kraken.

One Wold currency, one step closer to a one world democracy?
fnord
Art Expert

Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:53 am

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:45 am

teddydunski wrote:One Wold currency, one step closer to a New World Order!
Fixed.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
canuck
Art Freak

Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:33 pm

Bitcoin! Have not drymounted with it in awhile and see she is steadily climbing. Nice.

Reason I noticed was because good ol Bovada (poker site) offers btc withdrawals now. Which is soooooo drymounting awesome.

Will trade btc for posters!
applehead
Art Expert

Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:30 pm

I was wondering if anyone has used Bitcoin to buy art or anything interesting, electronics, computers, parts, whatever?

I've been getting more and more into it, BTC and ETH specifically. ETH had an interesting Day on 8/2. I was able to sell on the slide at $12, but back at $8, and sell some again at $12, all in the same day. I originally bought in at around $10. Gotta love the stop/limit auto-sell/buy features on some sites. It's a lot of learning and fun/gambling in a lot of ways. I'm def doing better with this stuff than I did with buying stocks. I'm terrible at that.

I'd love to hear other people's story's and adventures. ETH has me pretty excited about it, as a programmer, I can see this being leveraged heavily for a multitude of purposes. So long as we don't have more forks and breaches. This whole cryptocurrency fascinates me. Not enough to mine, but enough to throw something at it.
canuck
Art Freak

Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:28 pm

I haven't look much into the available online stores that accept bitcoin but I did buy a few things off overstock.com with bitcoin last week. Buy, send bitcoin, package shipped. Eazy peezy.
applehead
Art Expert

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:58 am

would be pretty sweet for this site to add a bitcoin escrow system, for people to buy and sell on here, without having to use paypal, and without having to pay the fees they charge.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:25 am

applehead wrote:would be pretty sweet for this site to add a bitcoin escrow system, for people to buy and sell on here, without having to use paypal, and without having to pay the fees they charge.
And for people to never get said poster, lol.