Forget cats, let's talk about dogs!

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:24 pm

Does anyone have a dog who, when asked a question to which the answer is blatantly obvious, like "Do you want a treat?" or, "Are you a good dog?," the dog answers with an affirming sneeze?

Two of my three dogs do it. One on occasion and one with regularity. And, the dog I had as a child, some 35+ years ago, did it too.

Anyone else got a "Yes Sneezer?" It just cracks me up and puzzles me at the same time. I want to ask my vet, but he would probably think I am batshit crazy.
Nothing brings humility like a good ol' shart."
Baker
Art Expert

Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:52 pm

freaksmeout wrote:Does anyone have a dog who, when asked a question to which the answer is blatantly obvious, like "Do you want a treat?" or, "Are you a good dog?," the dog answers with an affirming sneeze?

Two of my three dogs do it. One on occasion and one with regularity. And, the dog I had as a child, some 35+ years ago, did it too.

Anyone else got a "Yes Sneezer?" It just cracks me up and puzzles me at the same time. I want to ask my vet, but he would probably think I am batshit crazy.
Not a "yes sneezer", but we have a more of a "I need something sneezer". Could be dinner, could be wants up on the bed, could be needs to go out. But he will sit down and sneeze at you and then you gotta figure out what he's looking for.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:04 pm

I've been taking my puppy to Petco training the last month or so now. The first 4 classes she was freaked out and hiding behind me the whole time m, never even going near a treat, but the last class especially she has gotten more confident. She only does sit, down, stay and come right now, but it's amazing how quickly she picked them up.
mobius006
Art Freak

Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:07 pm

the sneezing thing is weird. :shock:
inkedup
Art Expert

Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:09 pm

Just added a 4th to our pack. We were supposed to be only fostering her but I fell in love so we decided to make her part of the family.

This is Gracie, the vet thinks she's a lab and whippet mix.
soam24
Art Freak

Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:34 pm

inkedup wrote:Just added a 4th to our pack. We were supposed to be only fostering her but I fell in love so we decided to make her part of the family.

very awesome of you!

we talked about fostering in the past but knew we were moving. Maybe now is the time we can help that way as we have two dogs already in the house.
sez752
Art Expert

Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:32 pm

freaksmeout wrote:Does anyone have a dog who, when asked a question to which the answer is blatantly obvious, like "Do you want a treat?" or, "Are you a good dog?," the dog answers with an affirming sneeze?

My dog definitely does this.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:50 pm

inkedup wrote:Just added a 4th to our pack. We were supposed to be only fostering her but I fell in love so we decided to make her part of the family.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Awesome looking pup inkedup!

My wife and I went to Belize last week and were amazed at the number of healthy dogs roaming every where. It wasn't like Mexico, where you see most of the dogs have mange or emaciated, they were in great shape. All of them were super friendly too. We usually miss our dogs terribly when we are away but it was much more bearable this trip. I'm not a big fan of little dogs but one of the places we stayed had a mini Dachshund that I fell in love with. She may be the only one I've been around that didn't bark incessantly at everything around.
I'm not someone else.
foulmouthedruffian
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:35 pm

Adorable!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:11 am

Maybe the most creative dog video ever. Truly funny.

https://www.facebook.com/1611753862/vid ... 780796830/
Nothing brings humility like a good ol' shart."
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:37 pm

My dog turned 1 a couple weeks ago, so I got her a haircut/spa package thing at Petco. Here's her when I first got her at 2 months, and then shortly before and after the haircut. Looks like 3 different dogs.

She's still a pain in the ass sometimes:

But hopefully this new friend will calm her down a bit (so far not so much though):

I feel like they'll be an internet sensation either way.
canuck
Art Freak

Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:33 pm

Hate to be the thread downer but thought maybe someone had a similar experience and could shed some light....Something is up with my goldendoodle. Poor thing doesn't have any energy to get up and do stuff. When she lays down for a while she has a hard time getting back up without whining. She has gotten slightly better but not really. At first, you would barely touch her fur on her face and she would wine. She has gotten a lot better in that aspect. She is only 4 years old. I am convinced it is her head/brain. She can't shake her head back and forth like she used to. And she also won't scratch her head/ears with her back leg as well. She doesn't move around nearly as quick as she used to. Something is definitely up. Took her to a vet and they really didn't have much to say. :( :(
FroDawg
Art Expert

Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:07 pm

canuck wrote:Hate to be the thread downer but thought maybe someone had a similar experience and could shed some light....Something is up with my goldendoodle. Poor thing doesn't have any energy to get up and do stuff. When she lays down for a while she has a hard time getting back up without whining. She has gotten slightly better but not really. At first, you would barely touch her fur on her face and she would wine. She has gotten a lot better in that aspect. She is only 4 years old. I am convinced it is her head/brain. She can't shake her head back and forth like she used to. And she also won't scratch her head/ears with her back leg as well. She doesn't move around nearly as quick as she used to. Something is definitely up. Took her to a vet and they really didn't have much to say. :( :(
Did the vet do an x-ray or take blood for testing? How's her appetite? I'm not a vet but owned a lot of dogs (2 labs now) and have never found a vet that shrugged their shoulders. I would go to another vet for a diagnosis. How far is the U of Idaho from you? They have a vet sciences dept. and could certainly be of assistance at least by phone. I hurt for ya brother...keep us posted. Our four-legged friends (yes, including cats!) are important parts of our lives.
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
canuck
Art Freak

Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:19 am

FroDawg wrote:
canuck wrote:Hate to be the thread downer but thought maybe someone had a similar experience and could shed some light....Something is up with my goldendoodle. Poor thing doesn't have any energy to get up and do stuff. When she lays down for a while she has a hard time getting back up without whining. She has gotten slightly better but not really. At first, you would barely touch her fur on her face and she would wine. She has gotten a lot better in that aspect. She is only 4 years old. I am convinced it is her head/brain. She can't shake her head back and forth like she used to. And she also won't scratch her head/ears with her back leg as well. She doesn't move around nearly as quick as she used to. Something is definitely up. Took her to a vet and they really didn't have much to say. :( :(
Did the vet do an x-ray or take blood for testing? How's her appetite? I'm not a vet but owned a lot of dogs (2 labs now) and have never found a vet that shrugged their shoulders. I would go to another vet for a diagnosis. How far is the U of Idaho from you? They have a vet sciences dept. and could certainly be of assistance at least by phone. I hurt for ya brother...keep us posted. Our four-legged friends (yes, including cats!) are important parts of our lives.
Hey Fro,
Nah no xrays or blood testing was done. But if things get worse I will definitely look into it. She has been slowly slllooowwly getting better I think. Been about a month and a half that I have noticed her behavior. Actually noticed today she shook her head around more then she usually does, so that is a good sign. Appetite is hit or miss. Not quite like it used to be but she does still eat though so that is good. Thanks so much for the U of I suggestion I will look into that. I live forever away but still wouldn't hurt to give them a call. Thanks again Fro!

Thundergod125
Art Enthusiast

Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:57 pm

Today is #NationalDogDay. So hooray to all our furry companions :clap: . We have two rescues (Brock and Cookie). I'll post pics later.