john grayson | conart[studio]

General art-related discussion.
fribhey
Art Expert

Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:38 am

Limited Shelf Life - a solo exhibition of works by John Grayson

On Saturday, January 23rd (1.23), I will be having my first solo art show, titled "Limited Shelf Life," at Sub-Urban Vinyl Toys and Art in Waldwick, NJ.

I've been preparing and working on the show for many months and am extremely happy with how everything is coming together. I'm hoping to have 18-20 finished pieces for and will be posting more photos as I take them. Let me know what you think!

------------

Limited Shelf Life - 12"x12" screen print on plexiglass mounted/floated on top of a 2 color screen printed, hand painted and collaged birch wood panel.

CLOSEUP DETAIL SHOTS:

earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:33 pm

Awesome! Congrats. Will definitely try to make it down.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
fribhey
Art Expert

Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:58 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Awesome! Congrats. Will definitely try to make it down.
thanks!

here are a few pieces i did for a group show a few months ago. they'll give you a better idea of the style and what they look like with the screen printed plexi floated/mounted on top:

GmidD
Art Expert

Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:16 pm

Congrats on the show! Looking forward to seeing some pics of the other pieces.
fribhey
Art Expert

Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:43 pm

one week from this saturday!

fribhey
Art Expert

Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:22 pm

My solo exhibition "Limited Shelf Life" opens on Saturday, January 23rd from 6-9pm @ Suburban Vinyl in Waldwick, NJ

If you can't make it to the show and want to check out the work you can get on the presale/preview list (which will be sent out a few hours before the show) by signing up to Suburban Vinyl's mailing list or you can check out the works online at www.limitedshelflife.com at 6pm EST on January 23rd.

Here are a few pieces from the show:

Sugar High

Two color screen print on 12"x12" wood panel - signed and numbered on the back. Edition of 2.

Charlie Tuna

Two color screen print on 12"x12" on hand painted and emulsion transfer collaged wood panel - signed on the back.

fribhey
Art Expert

Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:30 pm

Due to the impending doom that is Winter Storm Jonas, the opening reception for my show at Sub-Urban Vinyl Toys and Art has been moved to the following Saturday night, January 30th from 6-9pm....

I hope everyone who was planning on coming this weekend will be able to make it out next week. The weathermen apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks and I hope to see you at the show!

PS. DAMN YOU JONAS!

PPS. hey weather channel, can you please stop naming winter storms.

fribhey
Art Expert

Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:59 am

Limited Shelf Life - a solo exhibition of works by John Grayson

Tomorrow night, Saturday, January 30th (1.30.2016), will be the opening of my first solo art show, titled "Limited Shelf Life," at Sub-Urban Vinyl Toys and Art in Waldwick, NJ. I spent many many months working on this show and have created 25 new pieces. If you're in the area tomorrow night, I'd be honored if you could join me that night and enjoy some art.

Please drop me a PM if you would like me to send you a PDF preview of the show.

The work will also be posted up tomorrow sometime during the day on www.limitedshelflife.com

THANK YOU to everyone who has supported, and continues to support, my work, i am forever grateful.
SHTexclamation
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:27 pm

pieces available!

http://www.suburbanvinyl.com/limited-shelf-life

check em out!
SHT! Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/SHTexclamation
SHT! Instagram
@SHTexclamation
fribhey
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:55 pm

SHTexclamation wrote:pieces available!

http://www.suburbanvinyl.com/limited-shelf-life

check em out!
thanks SHT!

i believe your piece will be shipping out over the next few days. since the show got delayed a week and with another show coming in a few weeks, we opted to do a cash and carry instead of waiting to the end of the show to ship the pieces out.

i had a few people tell me they wanted the piece you picked up. thanks again and enjoy!
fribhey
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:59 pm

A HUGE thank you to everyone who came out to the opening this past saturday night and to everyone who picked up a piece. All of your love made it a very special night for me. Extra thanks goes to the guys from Sub-Urban Vinyl Toys and Art and my beautiful wife - the show would not have happened without any of you.

to see all the pieces in the show, make sure to visit
www.limitedshelflife.com

-----

Earthday

One color screen printed acrylic plexiglass mounted on top of a hand painted and collaged 12″x12″ wood panel – signed on the back.

fribhey
Art Expert

Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:46 pm

I finally had time to add the remaining Screen Test NYCC Edition prints to my site and they're up now for anyone interested. it was a last minute decision to print these up special for last years NYCC and and these are what's remaining of the edition. The prints are physically smaller at 11x14" than the original edition, which was 18x18," and the image itself is a bit smaller than the storm monroe on the original edition. This is the last time it will be printed on paper so this is your last chance to get a print of it if you're looking for one. I also have t-shirts of this image that i've printed up that will be added to my site at some point in the future - drop me a PM if you're interested in one:
  • title: screen test (nycc edition)
  • medium: 3 color hand pulled screenprint
  • size: 11″ x 14″
  • paper: white 250gsm rives bfk (acid-free, 100% cotton)
  • color: light grey
  • edition: 50
  • price: $20 each
11"x14" 3 color hand pulled screen print on white 250gsm rives bfk paper (acid-free, 100% cotton) with both natural and hand torn deckled edges. Signed, numbered, dated and embossed. Edition of 50

available here: http://www.con-art.com/product/screen-test-nycc-edition/

danklax5
Art Expert

Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:43 pm

+1
Image T.K.C.
fribhey
Art Expert

Mon May 02, 2016 7:57 pm

MAY THE 4TH INSTAGRAM CONTEST

Win your very own 8″ x 8″ Troopin Sane Print on Wood!
These prints are from the original NYCC exclusive edition of 25 and were printed on 1/2″ thick sustainable birchwood printed by Prints on Wood. The lucky winner will get to choose from one of two colors, mustard or olive, and will also receive a sticker pack.

The rules are simple:
1) follow @conartstudio on instagram
2) like my post on instagram
3) repost this image on instagram

4) tag @conartstudio in the image

5) include the hashtag #conartcontest

The contest will end on May 4th at 10pm EST. The winner will be chosen at random, posted on my account and contacted through direct message. If you don't know how to repost, visit www.con-art.com/contest to download the image.

Thanks and MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU!

REPOST THIS IMAGE ON INSTAGRAM

fribhey
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2016 11:40 am

May The 4th Prints on Wood SALE!

The remaining NYCC exclusive Troopin Sane prints on wood will be available on my site, www.con-art.com, starting TODAY, May 4th @ noon EST, at a special Star Wars Day discounted price which will only last for 24 hours.

Each fine art wood print is a hand signed and numbered on 1/2" sustainable birch with bright white finish, includes stickers, a desktop stand and comes ready to hang... and don't forget to follow @conartstudio on instagram to see how to enter and WIN this Print on Wood!

colors available: mustard and olive
size: 8" x 8"
edition: 25

BUY: http://www.con-art.com/shop

Thanks and MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU!