Batman 1989 15 Taylor

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
mike123230
Art Expert

Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:17 am

dropdoctor wrote:
Count wrote:Love this one. The nostalgia factor is very strong for me as I was 11 when the movie came out and this was the movie event of the year for me. The marketing for this movie was legendary (from the minimalist teaser poster, to the teaser trailer, the merch tie-ins, toys etc) so its really fitting to get a kick ass poster like this.
This is the first VHS I remember seeing for sale at the checkout end caps in super markets
I remember the beginning when Bugs Bunny tried to convince me to buy warner brothers merchandise.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:20 am

Count wrote:Love this one. The nostalgia factor is very strong for me as I was 11 when the movie came out and this was the movie event of the year for me. The marketing for this movie was legendary (from the minimalist teaser poster, to the teaser trailer, the merch tie-ins, toys etc) so its really fitting to get a kick ass poster like this.
Couldn't agree more.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
matowest
Art Expert

Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:23 am

mike123230 wrote:
dropdoctor wrote:
This is the first VHS I remember seeing for sale at the checkout end caps in super markets
I remember the beginning when Bugs Bunny tried to convince me to buy warner brothers merchandise.
Or the Michael Gough Diet Coke ad. The can had a cape!
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:56 am

Anyone able to post some quality pictures of this so we can see the details and metallics? Thanks!
THC x 3
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:48 pm

To me, it appears to be another case of putting a clear metallic coating over portions of the print rather than printing with individual colored metallic inks. Not a big fan of that method.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
matowest
Art Expert

Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:13 pm

Kramerica wrote:To me, it appears to be another case of putting a clear metallic coating over portions of the print rather than printing with individual colored metallic inks. Not a big fan of that method.
This was my concern, as well. Seems to be a pattern among KT prints of late.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:23 pm

jcbudny wrote:Anyone able to post some quality pictures of this so we can see the details and metallics? Thanks!
Fairly crummy iphone pics

ImageImageImageImageImage
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:24 pm

matowest wrote:
Kramerica wrote:To me, it appears to be another case of putting a clear metallic coating over portions of the print rather than printing with individual colored metallic inks. Not a big fan of that method.
I dont hate that method. Depends on how heavy of a metallic effect they want. Actual metallic inks really dont look very metallic once placed behind glass. Using a metallic coating helps make that effect show through more once behind glass
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:32 pm

Insane metallics on this one.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Skrilly
Art Expert

Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:36 pm

matowest wrote:
Tong as well.
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:58 pm

You know my stance on that very well. I hate it. However, at least in this case, it is very heavy on the shine and hides all the scratch imperfections on the paper that I'm sure many people received like I and my 2 friends did.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:00 pm

thisisjosh wrote:
You know my stance on that very well. I hate it. However, at least in this case, it is very heavy on the shine and hides all the scratch imperfections on the paper that I'm sure many people received like I and my 2 friends did.

Flipper
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:07 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
thisisjosh wrote:

Flipper
It's worse.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:09 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
thisisjosh wrote:

Flipper
How many should I put you down for?
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:09 pm

I like everything about this, almost. I like the line work, I like the composition, I like the shiny. But this print suffers from the same malady as almost every other piece of 89 Batman memorabilia. The damn bat symbols don't match! I know it's on purpose. It still irks me.