Noob questions

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
bahns47
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:06 am

The last few times I've tried to quote someone else's post that has a photo the photo doesn't seem to come through in my post. Anyone know if there's a way to toggle this?

(ex. second post down on the page linked here http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... tart=11355 )
1nkling
Site Admin

Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:13 am

bahns47 wrote:The last few times I've tried to quote someone else's post that has a photo the photo doesn't seem to come through in my post. Anyone know if there's a way to toggle this?

(ex. second post down on the page linked here http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... tart=11355 )
Its because the person you're quoting is using the boards inbuilt image attachment system rather than an externally hosted image. The board system just quotes those as the attachment name. The only way around it would be to right click on their images and copy the link then paste that inbetween [IMG] tags.
My up to date trades and ISOs.
bahns47
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:17 am

1nkling wrote:
bahns47 wrote:The last few times I've tried to quote someone else's post that has a photo the photo doesn't seem to come through in my post. Anyone know if there's a way to toggle this?

Its because the person you're quoting is using the boards inbuilt image attachment system rather than an externally hosted image. The board system just quotes those as the attachment name. The only way around it would be to right click on their images and copy the link then paste that inbetween [IMG] tags.
Ahh, got it. Thanks for the help!
macdaddyskuz
Art Enthusiast

Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:48 pm

How do I tell expressobeans.com about a sale I did?
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:54 pm

macdaddyskuz wrote:How do I tell expressobeans.com about a sale I did?
when viewing the item's database listing, click Trade or Sell in the left column, check the I want to sell or trade the xxxxx edition, fill out the info, click Sold At Price Shown
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:56 pm

Expanding eroc's answer
trade1.JPG
trade2.JPG
trade3.JPG
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
5horizons
New User

Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:47 am

Thanks for this great site! I have already invested an unhealthy amount of time here the last few days. Having been a part of a number of message boards in the past, I generally follow the "read more, post less" philosophy until I have a feel for the acceptable practices of the community. That said, dying to shed this "NOOB" avatar of shame (even if shedding the NOOB reality must be well earned), so to further that effort I made a small donation today and am making my first post to credential myself as a non-bot. Hook me up moderator gods!!! :notworthy:
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:11 pm

5horizons wrote:Thanks for this great site! I have already invested an unhealthy amount of time here the last few days. Having been a part of a number of message boards in the past, I generally follow the "read more, post less" philosophy until I have a feel for the acceptable practices of the community. That said, dying to shed this "NOOB" avatar of shame (even if shedding the NOOB reality must be well earned), so to further that effort I made a small donation today and am making my first post to credential myself as a non-bot. Hook me up moderator gods!!! :notworthy:
I still feel like a noob sometimes.
soupysound
EB Team

Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:45 am

how do you edit a "for sale" listing?

i'd like to offer "sale" prices for today only.

also..... how do you notify mods to bump thread? do you have to PM specific users?

i don't know mod names off the top of my head.

thanks.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:47 am

All edits and bumps in for sale threads go through the mods. Send a pm to them by selecting global moderators in the group on the right side of a new pm
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:51 am

^ Spot on.

1nkling has also pinned a post at the top of the FS Marketplace with a brief step-by-step guide.

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 0&t=152191
VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ
mattlew69
Art Expert

Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:17 pm

I am sure this has been brought up before and answered, but why doesn't the "condition" show up in the price history?

We fill out the condition and it doesn't show up anywhere but the "for sale or trade" tab.
knottchi

Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:11 pm

Me too! :shock:
torkish

Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:49 am

Hello,
First, I want to apologize for having to use a translator to communicate with you but I do not yet speak good English.

I have problems to put pictures on a post, I have no link to load photos, can someone help me for this operation?
After I can not look at the collection or trade section of a person on EB, can you tell me how to do it?
Thank you for your help.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Is there a way to search a particular artist here and see all FS listings for that artist, regardless of print?