It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown 14 Delort

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:24 am

Got my regular and variant today. I didn't realize the variant has faint jack-o-lantern markings on it like the foil variant does - that is not indicated in any of the jpegs I have seen, including the one currently on the DHM site. Has this been mentioned by anyone yet? I dig it but was surprised to see it.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:35 am

Yea... DHM mentioned it. Take some pics!
earlgreytoast wrote:Got my regular and variant today. I didn't realize the variant has faint jack-o-lantern markings on it like the foil variant does - that is not indicated in any of the jpegs I have seen, including the one currently on the DHM site. Has this been mentioned by anyone yet? I dig it but was surprised to see it.
DarkHallMansion wrote: Glad you liked the foil, those pics don't do it justice, we were blown away on seeing those arrive from Burlesque! The Variant ended up being almost a hybrid between the Foil and Std, on upper portions of Var you see the glow portions only revealed at night but on its lower portions you can see the GID layer, even in daylight, the carved pumpkin parts like the eyes and mouths, since the GID goes on last and was laid over black essentially. So hidden portions on the uppers, yet carvings showing in day while also glowing at night via GID, so way Burlesque printed Variant it's something of a hybrid and Nicolas thought its sepia and overall details of his work well done.

Hope you guys like it! Our favorite was foil, followed by Std, then Variant.

DHM
http://www.DarkHallMansion.com
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:42 am

Thanks brother. It's relaxing for a day or 2, then I'll flatten, then I'll shoot pics. :D

I'm right with DHM - it goes foil, regular then variant. Awesome work by Delort and top notch packaging and shipping by DHM, as usual. :clap:
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
BavarianErin
Art Expert

Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Thank you everyone for the glorious pics!
ImageImage
DarkHallMansion
Art Expert

Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:56 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Thanks brother. It's relaxing for a day or 2, then I'll flatten, then I'll shoot pics. :D

I'm right with DHM - it goes foil, regular then variant. Awesome work by Delort and top notch packaging and shipping by DHM, as usual. :clap:
Thanks for the kind words, Earl, much appreciated and glad you're pleased! :) Hopefully we get some frame up PICs here for Halloween. Feel free to share them on our Facebook page too: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dark-Hal ... 4752134162 as we really like seeing these up for the holidays :clap:

DHM
DeadHand
Art Expert

Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:22 pm

earlgreytoast wrote: I'm right with DHM - it goes foil, regular then variant. Awesome work by Delort and top notch packaging and shipping by DHM, as usual. :clap:
yeah I can see why the variant is ranked lowest on the totem pole. I don't have the others, but the grey/green pumpkin glow doesn't quite mesh all that well with the orange/sepia- I might change my mind later and find it interesting but atm its a bit "hmm" inducing.
woodrowgus
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:32 am

Variant:

cdhague
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:43 am

woodrowgus wrote:Variant:

Man, that's awesome :clap:
whiskaz
Art Expert

Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:56 am

I like it. The GID layer is REALLY visible though during the day, huh? I think it looks pretty good... that was my favorite part of the foil, the carved pumpkins.
matowest
Art Expert

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:31 am

GID looks great!
Wockenfuss
Art Expert

Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:12 pm

Variant looks fantastic, and I do like that you can see the Jack faces in the daylight. Awesome pictures!
I Heart Haddonfield.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:13 pm

matowest wrote:GID looks great!
:clap:
DarkHallMansion
Art Expert

Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi guys, thought we'd share here first. First public view of Nicolas's "A Charlie Brown Christmas" in development. Up top you see both, his original "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" concept piece side by side with his first concept of "A Charlie Brown Christmas," then follow his progression and refinement as he moves toward a final. Much more work and refinement still coming from Nicolas on "Christmas Charlie" per his usual detailing.

Nicolas's concept was that both "Great Pumpkin" and "Christmas Charlie" could be displayed side by side throughout holidays and designed his vision accordingly. You see this in his bottom jpeg, with the actual final "Great Pumpkin" next to present-stage "Christmas Charlie," both becoming a rather moving unified whole. Again, his attention to detail and refinement continues but think you have a very nice idea where he's going into his final. Hope you like it! :clap:

First heads up for you guys as well re the bonus that will be going out in our Jimi mailer starting this evening on RESERVE/LOCKS for Nicolas's "A Charlie Brown Christmas." It will be in every Jimi email reminder as well as on our FB along with a Tweet notice. No cracks on length guys, :wink: we have to put all details in there so every collector has full info, clearly, in advance.

Thanks much!
DHM

from Jimi e-blast going out:
==========================
SPECIAL BONUS: We've done this before with other DHM releases and there's a special RESERVE RIGHTS BONUS associated with our Max Dalton Jimi release this time too!! Anyone purchasing our Jimi release this coming Wed will automatically have a LOCK/RESERVE on our very special upcoming "A Charlie Brown Christmas" release with artist, Nicolas Delort. That's right-purchasing a Std Jimi print this Wednesday assures you an automatic LOCK on a STD edition Nicolas Delort "A Charlie Brown Christmas" print. Same with the Delort Variants, if you land one of the 70 Jimi Variants on Wed, you will have a LOCK on one of Nicolas's "A Charlie Brown Christmas" Variants.

Any spots not claimed via Wed's Jimi release will result in those Delort prints being made available during DHM's "A Charlie Brown Christmas" general release. Our "A Charlie Brown Christmas" has proven one of our most demanded in the past, certainly this year with Nicolas coming off the immediate sell-out of his "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" so we've expanded the run some as follows:

STD EDITION: 375 $65
VARIANT EDITION: 80 $100
FOIL EDITION: 30 $150
*Yes, ALL foil editions will be released in the general "A Charlie Brown Christmas" release.

Overall, that's 95 more Stds, 30 more Variants and 15 more foils, less than our Tom Whalen "Christmas Charlie" but more than Nicolas's "Great Pumpkin," still not exactly a large run, we'd considered doing it as a timed release, and each will of course price the same as Nicolas's "Great Pumpkin." If the available RESERVE/LOCK spots should all be claimed via Jimi purchases then the most we will be able to make available for the general "A Charlie Brown Christmas" release is the difference between the Jimi edition run and the "A Charlie Brown Christmas" edition run:

STD: 80
VARIANT: 10
FOIL: 30

*Those securing a RESERVE/LOCK will not need pay for their Delort "A Charlie Brown Christmas" prints till we reveal its sale date. At that time we'll email them at the same PP address used to purchase their Jimi. RESERVE/LOCK holders WILL need to complete their "A Charlie Brown Christmas" purchases from the EXACT same Paypal address they used for their Jimi purchases-NO exceptions. They will have 72 hours from the time we send out notices requesting they complete their "A Charlie Brown Christmas" purchases or their reserve will expire and their print offered in the general "A Charlie Brown Christmas" release. NO exceptions-plenty of time since notice will be in the Jimi email, within the follow-up "Christmas Charlie" notice, as well as on our Facebook and via Twitter.

Thanks so much and look for other upcoming seasonal surprises!! ;)

DHM
====================================
kyler4444
Art Expert

Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:23 pm

DarkHallMansion wrote:Image

Hi guys, thought we'd share here first. First public view of Nicolas's "A Charlie Brown Christmas" in development. Up top you see both, his original "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" concept piece side by side with his first concept of "A Charlie Brown Christmas," then follow his progression and refinement as he moves toward a final. Much more work and refinement still coming from Nicolas on "Christmas Charlie" per his usual detailing.

Nicolas's concept was that both "Great Pumpkin" and "Christmas Charlie" could be displayed side by side throughout holidays and designed his vision accordingly. You see this in his bottom jpeg, with the actual final "Great Pumpkin" next to present-stage "Christmas Charlie," both becoming a rather moving unified whole. Again, his attention to detail and refinement continues but think you have a very nice idea where he's going into his final. Hope you like it! :clap:

First heads up for you guys as well re the bonus that will be going out in our Jimi mailer starting this evening on RESERVE/LOCKS for Nicolas's "A Charlie Brown Christmas." It will be in every Jimi email reminder as well as on our FB along with a Tweet notice. No cracks on length guys, :wink: we have to put all details in there so every collector has full info, clearly, in advance.

Thanks much!
DHM

from Jimi e-blast going out:
==========================
SPECIAL BONUS: We've done this before with other DHM releases and there's a special RESERVE RIGHTS BONUS associated with our Max Dalton Jimi release this time too!! Anyone purchasing our Jimi release this coming Wed will automatically have a LOCK/RESERVE on our very special upcoming "A Charlie Brown Christmas" release with artist, Nicolas Delort. That's right-purchasing a Std Jimi print this Wednesday assures you an automatic LOCK on a STD edition Nicolas Delort "A Charlie Brown Christmas" print. Same with the Delort Variants, if you land one of the 70 Jimi Variants on Wed, you will have a LOCK on one of Nicolas's "A Charlie Brown Christmas" Variants.

Any spots not claimed via Wed's Jimi release will result in those Delort prints being made available during DHM's "A Charlie Brown Christmas" general release. Our "A Charlie Brown Christmas" has proven one of our most demanded in the past, certainly this year with Nicolas coming off the immediate sell-out of his "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" so we've expanded the run some as follows:

STD EDITION: 375 $65
VARIANT EDITION: 80 $100
FOIL EDITION: 30 $150
*Yes, ALL foil editions will be released in the general "A Charlie Brown Christmas" release.

Overall, that's 95 more Stds, 30 more Variants and 15 more foils, less than our Tom Whalen "Christmas Charlie" but more than Nicolas's "Great Pumpkin," still not exactly a large run, we'd considered doing it as a timed release, and each will of course price the same as Nicolas's "Great Pumpkin." If the available RESERVE/LOCK spots should all be claimed via Jimi purchases then the most we will be able to make available for the general "A Charlie Brown Christmas" release is the difference between the Jimi edition run and the "A Charlie Brown Christmas" edition run:

STD: 80
VARIANT: 10
FOIL: 30

*Those securing a RESERVE/LOCK will not need pay for their Delort "A Charlie Brown Christmas" prints till we reveal its sale date. At that time we'll email them at the same PP address used to purchase their Jimi. RESERVE/LOCK holders WILL need to complete their "A Charlie Brown Christmas" purchases from the EXACT same Paypal address they used for their Jimi purchases-NO exceptions. They will have 72 hours from the time we send out notices requesting they complete their "A Charlie Brown Christmas" purchases or their reserve will expire and their print offered in the general "A Charlie Brown Christmas" release. NO exceptions-plenty of time since notice will be in the Jimi email, within the follow-up "Christmas Charlie" notice, as well as on our Facebook and via Twitter.

Thanks so much and look for other upcoming seasonal surprises!! ;)

DHM
====================================
Bravo! I'll be gunning for this!
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:55 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:
o4phish20o wrote:Looks like another print I have to put a claim in on. Why the use of USPS???

Tracking said it was sent 2 day Express. With arrival to be Thursday (yesterday). Well it didn't come yesterday, didn't come today. It shipped the 14th. Yet once it gets to Brooklyn, it goes MIA, as does every package shipped USPS. Per the online information, 2 day express has a (5 day window before claim can be made) but since Monday will be the 6th day... Another claim! 7th one this year!!!
USPS is better than UPS or FedEx. Have a little patience. Take a Xanax.

7 claims? Jesus.
I'm thinking shitty karma or a few neighbors that keep stealing your tubes... :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <