FAMP Art - Awesome Movie Poster Art Releases

General art-related discussion.
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:08 am

Via Slashfilm:

Based in New York, FAMP Art is a company that specializes in creating officially licensed, limited edition screen printed posters of foreign films, pre-1980s classics and a few random goodies here and there of things we simply love.

A business years in the making, FAMP Art was founded to bridge the gap between pop culture art and art-house cinema, focusing on films that don’t get much love in the art world but are praised in the world of cinema (and that we ourselves are passionate about). Our goal is to fuse two different worlds through the glory of awesome and beautiful art prints.

To celebrate the launch of the business and the completion of the world cup in Brazil earlier this summer, FAMP Art will be releasing its debut prints for one of the finest foreign films ever made, the Oscar© nominated City of God. The art was designed by Dan Norris, a UK-based artist known for his gritty and minimalist takes on popular films, a perfect candidate to tackle Fernando Meirelles’ striking piece of cinema.

Two prints of the film, both of which measure 18”x24” and were printed by Seizure Palace, will be made available through the FAMP Art website on September 3rd at a random time. The regular version (Yellow) will have a run 177 and will cost $40. The Brazilian color variant (green) will have a run of 77 and cost $50. There will be a limit of one per person per household. Be sure to follow FAMP Art on Twitter, Facebook or sign up for the newsletter by registering on our site to find out exactly when the prints go on sale.

Image Image
Last edited by jkw3000 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
cactusphunk
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:39 am

Would love to see some close up shots of that variant. Initial pic looks really nice
"Youre talking a lot, but youre not saying anything"
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:42 am

I'd gravitate towards the regular for the colors. Just seems to connect more to the colors of the movie for me.
FAMPart
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:49 am

Thanks guys, Joe you were fast on that.

We'll get some close-ups for your guys in the next week. The prints are in-hand. We wanted to have fun with the variant due to the world cup but there was a delay in printing so we had to push everything back.. That being said my phone's close-up shots make the print look way brighter than it actually is, when you see it in person it's like a Brazilian flag or soccer/football jersey which is pretty cool.

The first one is definitely the one that's reflective of the film
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:51 am

I definitely prefer the reg. :clap:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:01 am

Need to get the Title for the thread changed. Take out city of god and put F****ing Awesome Movie Posters
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
FAMPart
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:48 am

jeter0204 wrote:Need to get the Title for the thread changed. Take out city of god and put F****ing Awesome Movie Posters
agreed. we can make this the release thread :notworthy:
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:29 pm

FAMPart wrote:Thanks guys, Joe you were fast on that.

We'll get some close-ups for your guys in the next week. The prints are in-hand. We wanted to have fun with the variant due to the world cup but there was a delay in printing so we had to push everything back.. That being said my phone's close-up shots make the print look way brighter than it actually is, when you see it in person it's like a Brazilian flag or soccer/football jersey which is pretty cool.

The first one is definitely the one that's reflective of the film
What can I say, you released news just before I got crushed with work, had to make it count. ;)

I've chatted with FAMP Art about some upcoming stuff (OMGZ INSIDE INFO), just emphasizing that if you like good classic cinema, and especially good foreign films (or films done by foreign directors)...keep an eye out.

And title's been changed because I'm a weak-willed SOB.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:30 pm

Subscribed
outpour
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:42 pm

City of God looks very nice! Can't wait to see what is next.
FAMPart
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:54 am

Cheers gents.

We're gonna have some fun with this so definitely stay tuned
Sniffer85
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:12 am

Great poster for an amazing film, I'm digging that variant :drool:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:29 am

City of God is a great flick. Nice reg.

FAMP Art sounds kinda funny, but if it really stands for drymounting Awesome Movie Posters that's pretty cool.

Also, this is something I can get behind:

"A business years in the making, FAMP Art was founded to bridge the gap between pop culture art and art-house cinema, focusing on films that don’t get much love in the art world but are praised in the world of cinema (and that we ourselves are passionate about)"
jeter0204
Art Expert

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:01 am

RottenAtom wrote:City of God is a great flick. Nice reg.

FAMP Art sounds kinda funny, but if it really stands for drymounting Awesome Movie Posters that's pretty cool.

Also, this is something I can get behind:

"A business years in the making, FAMP Art was founded to bridge the gap between pop culture art and art-house cinema, focusing on films that don’t get much love in the art world but are praised in the world of cinema (and that we ourselves are passionate about)"
Yup, just wait for the t-shirt :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
Jamilton
Art Expert

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:04 am

City of God is pretty high on my list of all time favorites, so I'm pretty pumped about this one. Looks awesome. Nice start guys.