How to Flatten a Movie Poster?

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
omgkitty
Art Expert

Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:22 pm

Before you come in and laugh at me, I'm not talking about screen prints! I'm talking about actual movie posters like they have outside the local movie theater behind glass. I recently bought two posters on eBay, and now that I have them, I can't figure out for the life of me how the hell I'm supposed to flatten them. I've looked online and some people say roll the other way, or iron them (yeah drymounting right) but these things are so damn thin, I'm afraid I'm going to drymount them up. I have some older posters from the 70's and 80's that were folded, and those are so much easier to deal with! They also came on much thicker paper. This fudge is a step or two away from trying to roll tissue paper! Anyone here have any tips?
summoner
Art Freak

Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:28 pm

Actually you can back roll them using kraft paper and a tube. You will want to roll the print on the OUTSIDE of the tube, then you can secure something to hold the print on the tune and just let it sit for a bit. Unroll and see if you need to do it come more.
Image Image Image
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:29 pm

omgkitty wrote:Before you come in and laugh at me, I'm not talking about screen prints! I'm talking about actual movie posters like they have outside the local movie theater behind glass. I recently bought two posters on eBay, and now that I have them, I can't figure out for the life of me how the hell I'm supposed to flatten them. I've looked online and some people say roll the other way, or iron them (yeah drymounting right) but these things are so damn thin, I'm afraid I'm going to drymount them up. I have some older posters from the 70's and 80's that were folded, and those are so much easier to deal with! They also came on much thicker paper. This fudge is a step or two away from trying to roll tissue paper! Anyone here have any tips?
Take it to the boys at All Poster Forum.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:43 pm

pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.