Authorized viewing of a Private Collection

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
sir_smokealot
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 pm

Would/Could there be a way a user could to say, set a password on their private collection, so they could allow certian individuals to view the private collection?
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:23 pm

I dig this idea a LOT.

There's a few members on here that I would love to view their collection, but it's a bit difficult.
mfs67
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:22 pm

Instead of a having a password, you might want it set up to allow the user to select who can view their collection.
aahnutz
EB Team

Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:04 pm

Actually, I don't mind sharing most of my collection with everyone. However, there are a few prints in my possession I'd rather not make public. (Saves me from too many annoying inquiries.) That's why I have opted for keeping my collection private. Maybe a check off box could be added so the collector could indicate those posters he/she would like to make available for public viewing.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:48 pm

aahnutz wrote:Actually, I don't mind sharing most of my collection with everyone. However, there are a few prints in my possession I'd rather not make public. (Saves me from too many annoying inquiries.) That's why I have opted for keeping my collection private. Maybe a check off box could be added so the collector could indicate those posters he/she would like to make available for public viewing.
That's so annoying that people send unsolicited messages inquiring about prints in your collection that aren't in the FS/FT section of your page. Have you guys tried adding a message saying this isn't a welcome action to your "About" section? Personally I keep my collection visible because everything has a price. ;)