Dave Hunter Fund Raiser Auction

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:10 pm

Hello, ‘beaners…
FroDawg and I have put together a little auction here on behalf of Dave Hunter, poster artist and screenprinter extraordinaire, aka gammalyte, who many on this forum have known and admired for years. As it turns out, Mr. Hunter has encountered a series of unfortunate situations over the last year that have prevented him from creating enough art to sustain a living. Starting with a lower spinal injury in 2012 to suffering from whiplash from a car accident while on his way to pick up screen print supplies in early April, his physical ability to create and produce has been minimal. Since then, Dave's expenses have increased exponentially as a result of spending considerable time in international court in Europe over the past few months in attempts to secure the return of his beloved 9-year old daughter Jasmine to the US, who was wrongfully removed from this country in spite of a pre-existing shared custody court ruling

This auction is an opportunity for the EB community to help Dave out by bidding on a number of posters, art prints, OG’s, unique variants, doodles and other assorted goodies (maybe even a movie poster) donated by artists, EB members and folks in the art and music industry who have contributed generously to help a good guy out. The donors will be recognized by name below along with the items they have donated, unless they requested anonymity.

Here’s how the auction works (please excuse the length of this post; we want to cover everything):

1. The auction starts as soon as the first item is posted below. The auction for all items will end Sunday, September 1st, with the end time to be determined after 8:00pm Eastern time when no bids are posted for a consecutive 15 minute period. If a bid is made on ANY item between 8:00pm and 8:15pm on 9/1, the entire auction will remain open for 15 additional minutes, etc. etc. This will give everyone a last chance to bid on ANY poster while the bidding remains open. Regardless how long it takes after 10:00pm on September 2nd to have a consecutive 15 minute period with no bids, the auction plays on. I’ll post THE AUCTION IS OVER when the auction is over. If bids continue into the night and I nod off for a few hours, the auction is still on until I regain consciousness and post THE AUCTION IS OVER. I’m not being paid enough here to be held accountable for falling asleep at the wheel .

2. Each auction item will have both a number and a name associated with it. In order to avoid any mistakes bidding on the wrong item, all bids must state the Item Number, Item Name and bid amount (e.g., #7, Sperry Dylan gold. $75 … haha, don’t you wish), or it will not be recognized as a bid. This rule has been created to avoid misunderstandings and the general mess associated with trying to undo bidding mistakes. Fro and I will determine if/ when a bid is invalid. A status will be posted each night or the following morning, identifying the leading bidder and amount for each item, to make it easier for everyone to track the status of all items as the week-long auction progresses.

3. Bidding must be in whole dollars, with minimum bid increments of $10. There will be no nickel and diming to beat a bid by $0.50. Go to eBay if that’s your game. This is a fund raiser, and I think you will find that the art that’s been donated is worth having in your collection. And as an equal opportunity novice auctioneer, I don’t care if your intention is to keep an item or flip it… just bid generously, please.

4. All donors have agreed to ship each item US Priority Mail, fully insured as part of their donation to the cause. In order to keep costs controllable and predictable, we are restricting shipments to destinations in the Continental U.S. We apologize up front to those outside our lower 48. You will have your day; maybe you will conduct the same type of auction for someone in your country some day, in which case we will follow your event enviously.

5. Each winner will be notified by Fro or myself on September 2nd, including the Paypal email address to direct your payment to (note that all payments will be a standard “goods” purchase; we will not request or require gift payments). The buyer should state the item number, item name and their EB handle in the Paypal payment notes, using the same Item # and name used when they bid on the item. This will prevent confusion in identifying who has paid for what. Important: Don’t bid if you can’t pay for your winning item within 48 hours of being notified by Fro or me. If an item goes 2 days without payment, the person will be notified via PM that their bid has been dropped, and the next highest bidder will be notified that they have won the item. This is our deadbeat caveat. No apologies to folks who may have been struck by lightning or hit by a meteor. This is a fund raiser, so funds need to be raised.

6. Within a day of payment confirmation (hopefully sooner), Fro will notify the donor that payment has been received, and the donor will then ship the item to the buyer and send Fro the tracking number so we can provide it to the buyer.

If anyone has questions about any of the above, please PM me. If the question is legit, I’ll reply as quickly as I can, posting information in this thread if the question/answer benefit the thread.

OK. Look for auction items to start appearing below in a minute. Be ready. Some of the items will knock your socks off. Never underestimate the generosity of this community. Please bid with the awareness of the reason behind the auction.

Thanks in advance for the generosity of your bids, and for happy bumps to keep the auction visible for the duration. Remember, everybody wins here!

Fro and Rick
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:13 pm

OK., Here's the way we'll get this party started...

Item #1= Donated by Zoltron. Z's Fantastic Mr Fox full poster sixed blackplate (thought by artist to be a 1 of 1)... Z will personalize poster if buyer desires.
Bonus: Signed Mr Fox screenprint sticker will be included.
1.Z.MrFox+sticker.jpg
Item Name = 1-ZMrFox+sticker
Opening bid = $75
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Item #2a= Donated by James Flames. His 2012 breathless skeleton OG, 8.5x11, India Ink on Drafting Film
2a.Flames.skeleton.OG.jpg
Item Name = 2a-FlamesSkeleton
Opening Bid = $75
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:18 pm

Item #2b= Donated by James Flames. His 2012 WNRN radio OG, 6x11, India Ink on Bristol Paper
2b.Flames.trees.OG.jpg
Item Name = 2b-FlamesTrees
Opening Bid = $75
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Item #3= Donated by EB member FroDawg (my partner in crime)… This is the 2-poster diptych for Santora's 2013 Phish Alpharetta shows
3.Santora.Phish.pair.jpg
Item Name = 3-SantoraPhishx2
Opening Bid = $125
This item also has a BUY IT NOW price of $195.
That is, if the bid price for this diptych has not yet reached $195, you can buy it and stop the bidding by placing a BUY IT NOW bid of $195.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:25 pm

I'll be back after a short set break to post more items (haha). Say 1:00pm-ish.
There are MANY more items to post; they'll go up throughout the day and if I can't post it all today, I'll post more tomorrow. The bottom line is that all auctions go through next Sunday (unless an auction with a BUY IT NOW option ends early due to someone bidding the BUY IT NOW price).
phishstix101
Art Expert

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:27 pm

Great work fellows!! :clap:
wolfmanjack
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:38 pm

Great idea & cause, kudos fellas
"Dont open my eyes, to nothin like truth, just leave it all lost in the wind, let it hide in the blindness of youth.
Facts of the matter, most likely will always remain, i guess ill be lost in the backyard, til i get home again"
- James McMurtry
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Awesome thing you are doing. Hopefully I can find some funds to win one of these and help you out.
jamel-d
Art Freak

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Item 4
Opening bid $40
natepachl
Art Expert

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:54 pm

Guys, great thing you are doing. What if we just want to donate....is that possible, yet?
I wouldn't deal with JakeStanley / eBay user fratdaddyjake
soleblazer
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:11 pm

I will bid 85.00 on item 1-ZMrFox+sticker
Last edited by soleblazer on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jojobadass
Art God

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:16 pm

2b-FlamesTrees - $75
3-SantoraPhishx2 - $125
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:18 pm

Hello, all...

If anyone wants to post an art item to be added to the auction, please PM me so I can post all items. It's going to make things easier for everyone.
Thanks!

Regarding, cash donations, such as natepachl asked about above, we're looking into the best way to address those and I'll post directions for that shortly.

Thanks, again, everyone, for your intest in this worthy cause!
Rick.
alittle
Art Freak

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:22 pm

1-ZMrFox+sticker - $200
Last edited by alittle on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.