Buy War Bonds 42 Wyeth

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:13 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Buy War Bonds 42 Wyeth

my2hands
Art Expert

Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:31 pm

invest in war and destruction!
jcporter
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:23 pm

Does this really merit a listing in Ebeans? Seems oddly out of place.
ISO: Uncle Charlie's 22" by 33" silkscreen version of Metallica / Alice in Chains 1994 Austin - signed & numbered run of 250
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:55 pm

jcporter wrote:Does this really merit a listing in Ebeans? Seems oddly out of place.
When Thomas Kincaid prints start appearing here on EB, then you should be afraid.....very afraid....
bakerboys2
New User

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:55 am

Due to a family member's death, I now have this poster. Unfortunately, it is not the best condition, and I am trying to determine if the restoration cost is worth it. My poster is 22" x 28". I have not seen any that are this size. Were they produced in this size? My poster seems to be of the correct time period, based on the paper it's printed on and overall condition. But want to be sure. Can anyone provide a resource to determine if authentic? Thank you.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon May 07, 2018 10:17 am

bakerboys2 wrote:Due to a family member's death, I now have this poster. Unfortunately, it is not the best condition, and I am trying to determine if the restoration cost is worth it. My poster is 22" x 28". I have not seen any that are this size. Were they produced in this size? My poster seems to be of the correct time period, based on the paper it's printed on and overall condition. But want to be sure. Can anyone provide a resource to determine if authentic? Thank you.
An original edition was printed in 22 X 28" size, so it could be real. Originals were folded before they were sent out, so fold lines are a good indication of an original. This is a strong image and popular poster for collectors. Look up poster restorers in your area. It might be worth linen-backing, de-acidification, and restoration but I wouldn't spend more than $250 to do it.