Kraft Paper Q

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
jojobadass
Art God

Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:39 pm

jojobadass wrote:
aahnutz wrote:
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Price?
Cheap. :roll:

yes. cheap.

I also bought similar, but smaller rolls of 3M kraft paper at the Dollar Store. Not sure on quality yet, so.....I'll withhold my review for now.

Dollar Store 3M rolled kraft paper - thin and chitty
Target 3M rolled kraft paper - magnificent
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:40 pm

I totally bought my last roll of kraft paper from Target.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
DMBfan
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:42 pm

I bought a roll from bagsunlimited.com.

it was frickin' huge, I will never need kraft paper again :lol:
DMBfan
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:44 pm

ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:You're right. I'm gay for fratboyz. Let's make out.

And why are you a needless, UNFUNNY dick in every post you make? At least i'm funny (arguably).
:lol:

now thats funny stuff
pi3rce42
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:40 pm

Kraft paper is usually pretty acidic. I've got a PH pen I use on left over mat and foam board, cuz I tend to forget if its acidfree/archival or just 4ply mat. Smaller handbills that I am framing dont' necessarily require acidfree as much as prints, but why not take care of the better ones anyways?

Anyhow, long story short, you use the pen on a corner or obscure piece of mat or paper to give you a rough estimate on how acidic it is (if its clear to yellow, its acidic - <6.8pH, if its purple >6.8pH its acidfree).
When used on kraft paper, it turns clear almost immediately.
don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things...
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:05 pm

Codeblue wrote:I totally bought my last roll of kraft paper from Target.
Same here. I love Target and Target loves me....and my kids and my wife. Can't ever get outt there cheaply. SO many spontaneous purchases when all you really needed was a damn roll of kraft paper.

And, Yes, Ahhnutz was right....discussing the actual price of kraft paper (unless you are buying a huge-ass bulk roll) is akin to searching for a lost golf ball for more than 5 minutes. If you can't afford to drop another ball and play on, you can't afford play to golf.
Last edited by freaksmeout on Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:41 pm

There's also always ample eye candy. Hot chicks love getting stuff for cheap, but don't like the funk and stigma of Wal Mart.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:05 pm

Codeblue wrote:There's also always ample eye candy. Hot chicks love getting stuff for cheap, but don't like the funk and stigma of Wal Mart.
It's soooo nice to see this post evolve into "MILF cruising at Target," given all the preceeding hostilities.
Carry on- indeed. :lol:
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:27 pm

Yes, Target is full of MILFs and hot jailbait cashiers. :wink:
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:41 pm

I think I saw my future baby's mama there last night. Unfortunately, she was with a male and female friend. They were all speaking some odd Eastern European sounding language so I didn't make a move. Regrets, I have a few....
aahnutz
EB Team

Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:14 pm

A ha ha ha ha ha! I thought I locked this thread! :lol:
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:24 pm

If you can get over using the brown stuff, there's a really great reddish paper that's sold in hardware stores for a few bucks a roll...it'll be in the paint section, since it's intended for covering floors when painting walls and ceilings. That stuff is heavy, smooth, cheap, and just overall awesome.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
bosephus
Art Expert

Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:15 pm

mistersmith wrote:If you can get over using the brown stuff, there's a really great reddish paper that's sold in hardware stores for a few bucks a roll...it'll be in the paint section, since it's intended for covering floors when painting walls and ceilings. That stuff is heavy, smooth, cheap, and just overall awesome.
Nice! I'm definitely keeping an eye out for that stuff next time!
"I'm a backbone shiver and I'm a bundle of joy."
markforsman
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:59 pm

First buy this, http://www.uline.com/Product/ProductDet ... 5&ref=1951
then get this, http://www.uline.com/Product/ProductDet ... 94&ref=502

I use mine for way more than just shipping posters. Last year I had a huge project due, I was broke and needed paper, ended up making a whole book of hand drawn roman letterforms on kraft. Need to wrap something up to keep it safe? Fill space in a box? Doodling paper? Stencil paper?
chalkdust
Art Expert

Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:01 pm

...Mark speaks the truth. The large roll on the stand is the only way to go. :pint: