New Flesh: News, Updates, & Freebies

General art-related discussion.
battleroyale
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:56 pm

this is surely the best movie print of the year, im kicking myself for not having the funds for the sub
omgkitty
Art Expert

Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Yeah, can I just start paying off the next subscription now? I'm afraid we'll never get another one. I could see N.E. blowing up like IJ soon and then he will have so much work he won't know what to do!
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:59 pm

I keep coming back just to look at that Prometheus again. Haven't seen the movie, not a huge Alien fan either, but damn that is artwork amazing. The colors are fantastic. Can't imagine how awesome it would look paired with Englert's green You're My Lucky Star
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:18 pm

omgkitty wrote:Yeah, can I just start paying off the next subscription now? I'm afraid we'll never get another one. I could see N.E. blowing up like IJ soon and then he will have so much work he won't know what to do!
A dollar a day can go a long way.

&

I only wish NE the best. Though I wouldn't hold my breathe if what you're thinking is what you're thinking.
New Flesh - Web | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
omgkitty
Art Expert

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:21 pm

newflesh wrote:
omgkitty wrote:Yeah, can I just start paying off the next subscription now? I'm afraid we'll never get another one. I could see N.E. blowing up like IJ soon and then he will have so much work he won't know what to do!

&

I only wish NE the best. Though I wouldn't hold my breathe if what you're thinking is what you're thinking.
What? Finally getting hired by Mondo to do something? Also, it seems I misunderstand how New Flesh works?
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:22 pm

jrsheppa wrote:I keep coming back just to look at that Prometheus again. Haven't seen the movie, not a huge Alien fan either, but damn that is artwork amazing.
You should totally watch it. Appreciate the praise. <3
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:27 pm

omgkitty wrote:
newflesh wrote:

&

What? Finally getting hired by Mondo to do something? Also, it seems I misunderstand how New Flesh works?
There is no goal of NF other than to make art we feel should exist.
omgkitty
Art Expert

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:29 pm

newflesh wrote:
omgkitty wrote:
newflesh wrote:

&

There is no other goal of NF other than to make art we feel should exist.
No, I just meant how you guys are set up? Like I know that NE is the artist and New Flesh is the printer or something like that?
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:33 pm

omgkitty wrote:No, I just meant how you guys are set up? Like I know that NE is the artist and New Flesh is the printer or something like that?
Exactly like that. He does the majority of the pulls himself with a manual set-up. It hurts the back like no other!
omgkitty
Art Expert

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:34 pm

newflesh wrote:
omgkitty wrote:No, I just meant how you guys are set up? Like I know that NE is the artist and New Flesh is the printer or something like that?
Exactly like that. He does the majority of the pulls himself with a manual set-up. It hurts the back like no other!
What is it that you do besides answer my dumb questions?
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:46 pm

omgkitty wrote:
newflesh wrote:
You are a full time job, my friend. <3

Uh, there's a lot that goes on in a shop. Shipping, finances, emails, mixing colors, pulling prints, t-shirts, baking cakes, responding to PM's, watching Netflix. You seen that video of D&L where a robotic conveyor take the prints to a drying rack? We alternate being that robot.

Edit: Thought of some more. Lots of yelling, laughing, late night driving to pick up burritos, staying up until 5AM prepping screens, finding dead creatures in the vacuum table...the list goes on. :wink:
Last edited by newflesh on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:47 pm

newflesh wrote:
omgkitty wrote:
newflesh wrote:

Uh, there's a lot that goes on in a shop. Shipping, finances, emails, mixing colors, pulling prints, t-shirts, baking cakes, responding to PMS, watching Netflix. You seen that video of D&L where a robotic conveyor take the prints to a drying rack? We alternate being that robot.
Don't you also have a full bar with 10 taps of beer? Don't you guys have to maintain that as well, or is that up to Jon?
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
omgkitty
Art Expert

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:50 pm

newflesh wrote:
omgkitty wrote:
newflesh wrote:

Uh, there's a lot that goes on in a shop. Shipping, finances, emails, mixing colors, pulling prints, t-shirts, baking cakes, responding to PMS, watching Netflix. You seen that video of D&L where a robotic conveyor take the prints to a drying rack? We alternate being that robot.

Edit: Thought of some more. Lots of yelling, laughing, late night driving to pick up burritos, staying up until 5AM prepping screens, finding dead creatures in the vacuum table...the list goes on. :wink:
I'm ISO a cake! If you wan't, I can drive to Austin and just pester you in person?
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:50 pm

CrustaR wrote: Don't you also have a full bar with 10 taps of beer? Don't you guys have to maintain that as well, or is that up to Jon?
In the lobby we have a fountain that spews drinkable Kool-Aid. Close, 8 beers on tap, but Jon1701 is the curator of that. I don't drink beer myself, so that is why we also moonshine our own whiskey.
omgkitty wrote: I'm ISO a cake! If you wan't, I can drive to Austin and just pester you in person?
Sure. We are always in need of a good space monkey.
Zukov
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Some great work this year guys, I couldn't spare the funds on the sub but I did manage to get some individual pieces. Keep up the great work! Still waiting on a Charles Bronson print :P