Recommended Reading - now with Price Search!

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
dougr
Site Admin

Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:13 pm

The "Recommended Reading" section of the Wiki now includes a price-search feature for most of the books on the list! Just click the ISBN number, and you'll be taken to a Wiki page with links to the Amazon.com and BarnesAndNoble.com listings for that book, as well as links to the AddAll and PriceSCAN price searches (for both used and new books).

http://www.expressobeans.com/wiki/index ... ed_Reading

Please feel free to add other books - it is a Wiki, editing by everyone is encouraged! If you just want to enter a title and author, a volunteer will follow with formatting and adding other information...you can't screw it up, don't worry!
morst
EB Team

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:25 pm

SO MANY CRUMBS! It would be nice if each COMPLETE CRUMB was listed on the EB page for that volume. In fact, I think it would be cool to have an ISBN field for the Book class. . .

Hm.

Anyhow, if there are gonna be that many for one subject, maybe we could subdivide the main page so it's not so huge?
dougr
Site Admin

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:40 pm

morst wrote:Anyhow, if there are gonna be that many for one subject, maybe we could subdivide the main page so it's not so huge?
agreed...i was trying to figure out what would make the most sense.

one option is to put an alphabetical directory at the top ("A B C D E etc."), but that isn't very intuitive...you'd have to know the title of the book you'r looking for to use the TOC. maybe that is ok though...

another is to group the books by subject, and make the subjects headers that could be in a TOC, but i found it hard to sort the books in a way that makes sense...

another option is to make each book title a section header so the top of the page would feature a TOC with the book title only...but even this would be a long TOC.
morst wrote:SO MANY CRUMBS! It would be nice if each COMPLETE CRUMB was listed on the EB page for that volume. In fact, I think it would be cool to have an ISBN field for the Book class. . .

Hm.
good ideas! :) the book list is missing some of the Complete Crumbs, i was kinda hoping you'd be able to help fill in some of the blanks ;) i'm out of my knowledge base there!
tastyfresh
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:52 pm

Do we have an associates account set up so if anyone purchases any of these books through our site with Amazon can we make a little money?
Arre we suggesting a new field? I am so farkern wasted right now. Wat is going on? I can;t quite rewad the screen. My copany bought the beer today. - Thomas, founder of EB
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:26 pm

not that i know of. Great work doug!!!!
dougr
Site Admin

Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:17 pm

morst wrote:SO MANY CRUMBS! It would be nice if each COMPLETE CRUMB was listed on the EB page for that volume. In fact, I think it would be cool to have an ISBN field for the Book class. . .

Hm.

Anyhow, if there are gonna be that many for one subject, maybe we could subdivide the main page so it's not so huge?
i finally divided it into some basic Sections...we could always move the Crumb to it's own page too!