Open Market Guidelines

For best results, use the trading tools on the rest of the site when feasible. Post lifespan is 30 days. (Prints must be in hand).
Forum rules
Please refer to the Open Market Guidelines prior to posting in this forum.

New members must list art in your personal collection, use the member selling and trading tools, and contribute to discussion in the forums. After thirty (30) days from joining the site you may list your items for sale/trade in the Open Market. (Prints should be in-hand before posting.)

Current members in good standing, please limit your items for sale to one active thread. Notify mods before starting a new one. (Prints should be in-hand before posting.)

If your items are listed on eBay, please use EB's eBay link feature (directions here). This benefits the site directly and helps us keep this a free forum. Your thread may be updated (bumped) once. After this please contact the Global Moderators group by private message to have the thread bumped, locked or amended.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:19 pm

iambillyg wrote:This may be dumb, but are the For Sale sections only for prints, or could we list print-related content there? I have a flat file I'm needing to get rid of.
I'm not a mod but I think that would be fine -- even appreciated, if it results in a member finding a flatfile.

I think as long as you're a member with some tenure, and you don't abuse it, you can get away with going off-topic -- for example, I have a guitar ISO thread up, others have guitar-for-art trade threads, and there have even been a few engagement rings popping up in the past.

I think -- but I don't know anything -- that if it started happening with more regularity, then the mods would clamp down. This is not Craigslist or eBay. But a little off-topic here and there seems to be okay, but a flatfile is decidedly on topic. Go for it, I would say.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
wneff
Art Expert

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:00 pm

If EB members are permitted to maintain only one active thread at a time in the For Sale/Trade, then the policy statement "For current members in good standing, please limit your items for sale to one active thread." should read: "For current members in good standing, please limit your items for sale or trade to one active thread. Thank you.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:14 pm

wneff wrote:If EB members are permitted to maintain only one active thread at a time in the For Sale/Trade, then the policy statement "For current members in good standing, please limit your items for sale to one active thread." should read: "For current members in good standing, please limit your items for sale or trade to one active thread. Thank you.
the point is simply not to hog the first couple of pages of this forum with multiple threads. please be considerate to your fellow forum members. multiple threads and excessive bumping naturally push other member's sale/trade threads further back where they may not be seen. I try not to be overly strict about this small rule, but if someone has several active threads, they either get locked, merged or removed from the publicly viewable section of the forum.
wneff
Art Expert

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:17 pm

My bad. Sorry electrochrome.
KXG
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 09, 2012 12:20 pm

Is it only art prints that are generally allowed for sale here or can we sell/trade original movie posters also? I'm looking to shift some stuff and may add them to the forum in a couple of weeks if it's OK.
starkiller
EB Team

Wed May 09, 2012 6:28 pm

KXG wrote:Is it only art prints that are generally allowed for sale here or can we sell/trade original movie posters also? I'm looking to shift some stuff and may add them to the forum in a couple of weeks if it's OK.
that should be fine, good luck w/ your sales
EB Team

pewter14 wrote:
Once people realize ...
1) You cannot have every poster.
2) You do not need every poster.
3) There is always another poster.
... this hobby will become a lot more enjoyable. It's quite cathartic once you accept these truths.
Creation88
Art Expert

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:39 pm

new guy here...how to link the images of the posters from the database into a post?
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:45 pm

Creation88 wrote:new guy here...how to link the images of the posters from the database into a post?
click on image > click on discuss remotely in the lower left hand side, and choose the first or second link and paste. I always use the first link.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Creation88 wrote:new guy here...how to link the images of the posters from the database into a post?
Go to a listing, click view item, http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/152874 , then on the lower bottom left there is a section called Member Tools, click on Discuss Remotely then copyThe top URL address and paste it in a post.

If you want a different image you can go to the image gallery and click on a specific image you want to post also, if there are other images.

I hope that helped! :)
Chaser306
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Can you have one FT thread and one FS thread or must they be in the same post? Thanks.
KevboNice
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:05 pm

so can you post a link to your online store if you have one or does it all need to be listed through the forum?

thanks in advance!!
.i open at the close.

http://isofund.bigcartel.com/
Amaterasu

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:39 am

Hi there! I'm new around here and was wondering: Does the 30 day wait for the open market section apply to the ISO section as well, or would I be allowed to post there?

Cheers
summoner
Art Freak

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:00 am

Amaterasu wrote:Hi there! I'm new around here and was wondering: Does the 30 day wait for the open market section apply to the ISO section as well, or would I be allowed to post there?

Cheers
Yes, you can post an ISO. The 30 day waiting period if for "for sale" threads only.
Image Image Image
Amaterasu

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:23 pm

summoner wrote: Yes, you can post an ISO. The 30 day waiting period if for "for sale" threads only.
Cheers!
starkiller
EB Team

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Chaser306 wrote:Can you have one FT thread and one FS thread or must they be in the same post? Thanks.
one for sale / for trade thread please
EB Team

pewter14 wrote:
Once people realize ...
1) You cannot have every poster.
2) You do not need every poster.
3) There is always another poster.
... this hobby will become a lot more enjoyable. It's quite cathartic once you accept these truths.