Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
fnord
Art Expert

Mon May 21, 2012 7:33 pm

Bad flash but this fudge is tasty
New England Brewery Friar's Quad (Belgian Quad Ale)

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
mistersmith
Art Freak

Wed May 23, 2012 11:56 pm

What a great day -- three rare and awesome brews courtesy of an great EBer.

Left is a Cascade Kriek red ale, center is a Logsdon Seizon Bretta that I'm really excited about, and at right is one of only 120 bottles of an Upright Brewing Sole Composition El Coloquio de Cervantes -- I'm gonna let that one age til November at the advice of the sender, figure I'll crack it at the bachelor party and give my beer nerd friends a taste. It looks like less than a case ever made it out to the general public, so I'm blown away at a chance to try it. http://samsbeeradventure.wordpress.com/ ... rvantes-2/

So stoked on all three!

electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
maozilla
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 24, 2012 6:50 am

I really want to plan a trip to the US in the next few years and just go from brewery to brewery covering all the ones I can't get my hands on here in the UK. On the plus side going to a tap takeover event near me tonight where there's Brewdog, Mikkeller and Nogne O on, get the feeling I might have a horrific hangover tomorrow morning.
redbear
Art Expert

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:56 pm

I love the 512 Double Pecan Porter, though I'm sad that the bottled versions seem to be a little over carbonated.

Beer Geek Rodeo is fun, though I don't love drinking something so dark and heavy when it's 100 outside. Going to cellar these until winter.
SergeantD
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:07 pm

maozilla wrote:I really want to plan a trip to the US in the next few years and just go from brewery to brewery covering all the ones I can't get my hands on here in the UK. On the plus side going to a tap takeover event near me tonight where there's Brewdog, Mikkeller and Nogne O on, get the feeling I might have a horrific hangover tomorrow morning.
Not a beer drinker but went to the Brewdog in Camden the other week. They had a beer that was 40% or something ridiculous.

Their vodka also tasted weird.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:10 pm

pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
fredo
Art God

Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:14 pm

Oooh.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Vedderman23
Art Expert

Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:34 pm

Been enjoying this great weather lately with a good selection of IPAs...some Bell's Two Hearted Ale, New Belgium Ranger IPA, and some Dogfish Head 60 Minute...

I'm torn as to which I like better between the Two Hearted and the Dogfish Head...they're both damn good!
mkuborn
Art Expert

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:12 pm

Had Pliney on tap Saturday night at Boneyard in NOHO, ended up there for a friend's bday. Lachouffe too. mhhhhh
caleb
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:34 pm

smith, your gonna love that logsdon, i had one a year or so ago, and i have one i've been holding on to for a little over a year. It's fansastic.

I actually just got a new job (starting next week) at a beer distributor. We handle lots of local stuff and lots of good imports. Sounds like i may have some nice samples and free tastings coming my way soon. Here's a list of the breweries they handle

http://www.pointblankdistributing.com/breweries.html
Kingfish
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:26 pm

mistersmith wrote:What a great day -- three rare and awesome brews courtesy of an great EBer.

Left is a Cascade Kriek red ale, center is a Logsdon Seizon Bretta that I'm really excited about, and at right is one of only 120 bottles of an Upright Brewing Sole Composition El Coloquio de Cervantes -- I'm gonna let that one age til November at the advice of the sender, figure I'll crack it at the bachelor party and give my beer nerd friends a taste. It looks like less than a case ever made it out to the general public, so I'm blown away at a chance to try it. http://samsbeeradventure.wordpress.com/ ... rvantes-2/

So stoked on all three!

Nice score! That is an awesome haul.
rmoore
Art Expert

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:52 pm

Had some Shiner Ruby Redbirds today. It's kind of a light beer (4.1% ABV) with ruby red grapefruit juice and ginger added. Good refreshing beer considering it was 102° today in Austin.

I see myself drinking a lot more of these this summer.

ColonelCash
Art Expert

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:17 am

rmoore wrote:Had some Shiner Ruby Redbirds today. It's kind of a light beer (4.1% ABV) with ruby red grapefruit juice and ginger added. Good refreshing beer considering it was 102° today in Austin.

Lots of folks hate on Shiner, but their Wild Hare Pale Ale is pretty good. Give it a shot.
I like the Ruby Redbird as well, but have not picked up any this year (yet).
redbear
Art Expert

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:23 am

Not really a fan. Though, I hear that this years batch has a little more ginger in it than last year. I should give it another try. I just didn't think it came together well.

And, I warned you about the weather. :) Nobody listens though.

rmoore wrote:Had some Shiner Ruby Redbirds today. It's kind of a light beer (4.1% ABV) with ruby red grapefruit juice and ginger added. Good refreshing beer considering it was 102° today in Austin.

redbear
Art Expert

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:25 am

The Wild Hare is pretty good, agreed.
ColonelCash wrote:

Lots of folks hate on Shiner, but their Wild Hare Pale Ale is pretty good. Give it a shot.
I like the Ruby Redbird as well, but have not picked up any this year (yet).