Black Keys Broomfield 12 Whalen Release Discussion 04/30/12

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Wed May 02, 2012 9:15 am

jjbehren wrote:I got the email notification at my hotmail address at 4:18 a.m. this morning.

Email releases suck.
Same here.
igotid
Art Expert

Wed May 02, 2012 9:42 am

Got one from the wait list from Tom....woo hoo!
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Wed May 02, 2012 10:50 am

jjbehren wrote:I got the email notification at my hotmail address at 4:18 a.m. this morning.

Email releases suck.
No, it's hotmail that sucks. Plus Tom tweeted earlier in the day that he would be doing the release by email, so there was plenty of heads up.
jjbehren
Flipper

Wed May 02, 2012 10:58 am

What good did that notice do for people on hotmail? I agree, hotmail sucks. I only use it as my junk email account. But how does a print release method that treats individuals unequally based on where they have an email account not suck as well?

This goes for twitter releases as well. Everyone gets the tweets pushed out to them at different times.
fredo
Art God

Wed May 02, 2012 11:03 am

jjbehren wrote:What good did that notice do for people on hotmail? I agree, hotmail sucks. I only use it as my junk email account. But how does a print release method that treats individuals unequally based on where they have an email account not suck as well?
I don't think the method of delivery is to blame here. Might as well blame mondo for people with shitty connections not scoring a totoro, no?
Email addresses are cheap.
just a foil for me today, thanks
technique
Art Expert

Wed May 02, 2012 11:12 am

I'm on the wait list also but I really don't see many people not paying for or deciding not to get these, congrats everyone who got one!
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Wed May 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Received email at 1:18.

Responded "Will do, thanks" about 15 minutes later.

Tried to figure out my paypal password for half the afternoon.

Sent payment around 1:50

Woke up this morning with an enormous

+1

in my in-box.

:notworthy:
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Wed May 02, 2012 12:23 pm

Tried to figure out your paypal password for half the afternoon????
What's going on that we don't know about here, river? :P
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Wed May 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:Tried to figure out your paypal password for half the afternoon????
What's going on that we don't know about here, river? :P
So many passwords these days are requiring special characters and capitals and not certain other characters that none of my passwords match anymore - some require more than 6 letters and one number and one character etc.etc.

i.e. the number/pound character IS NOT allowed by most, so EbeansRules#1 is out...and PinchinOffda# is no good either. :wink:

i'm in the slow process of converting them to one in the same again...but presently there are about 30 variations out there.
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
lukeny
Art Enthusiast

Wed May 02, 2012 3:12 pm

Does anyone know what time the email actually went out? I keep seeing times, but no timezone. I received my email at 4:20pm EST via Gmail. I responded in less than a minute and didn't get one. Just curious as I see a lot of people emailed back later than that. Obviously if my email was slow, my response time wouldn't matter. Further more, that does suck about those with the Hotmail accounts. It's "e-mail" you would think it would all go through at the same time, not 12 hours later.
ImAMonster
Art Expert

Wed May 02, 2012 3:18 pm

lukeny wrote:Does anyone know what time the email actually went out? I keep seeing times, but no timezone. I received my email at 4:20pm EST via Gmail. I responded in less than a minute and didn't get one. Just curious as I see a lot of people emailed back later than that. Obviously if my email was slow, my response time wouldn't matter. Further more, that does suck about those with the Hotmail accounts. It's "e-mail" you would think it would all go through at the same time, not 12 hours later.
I got mine at 3:19 CST, emailed back in less than 30 seconds. Got a reply back from Tom within 3 minutes.
ImageImageImage T.H.C. x3

Well, what do you expect, mother? I'm half machine!
lukeny
Art Enthusiast

Wed May 02, 2012 3:23 pm

ImAMonster wrote:
lukeny wrote:Does anyone know what time the email actually went out? I keep seeing times, but no timezone. I received my email at 4:20pm EST via Gmail. I responded in less than a minute and didn't get one. Just curious as I see a lot of people emailed back later than that. Obviously if my email was slow, my response time wouldn't matter. Further more, that does suck about those with the Hotmail accounts. It's "e-mail" you would think it would all go through at the same time, not 12 hours later.
I got mine at 3:19 CST, emailed back in less than 30 seconds. Got a reply back from Tom within 3 minutes.
So they did go that quick. He must not have had too many to sell.
bugula
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 02, 2012 3:44 pm

Eh - not that quick. I posted my times earlier in this thread but know that I responded to Tom 3+min after receiving the email and still nabbed one.
ihaveabadmonkey
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 02, 2012 3:56 pm

I received the email at 4:18 eastern and replied that I sent payment at 4:21. Got an email back from Tom at 4:27 that he received my payment.
jjbehren
Flipper

Wed May 02, 2012 3:57 pm

I got the email on gmail at 3:21 CST.