EB Houston

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby churdiales on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:31 pm

This weekend:
iFest (celebrating Argentina) at Tranquility Park... good food/terrible music; good excuse to walk around Downtown, though.
http://www.ifest.org/information/

in a couple of weeks, at HCC parking lot (Southwest campus), Haute Truck fest... basically, most of the food trucks around Houston gather there on a weekend, you get to try a bit of everything without the hassle of finding these trucks around town.
http://www.hautewheelshouston.com/

and... this summer, FreePress Summer Fest.

anyway, just some events around town, wife, baby and I might check out one of these two (iFest, HauteTrucks).

stay classy Houston...
churdiales
Art Expert

krisjay wrote:I find this post odd.

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:13 pm

mike123230 wrote:So how was the black keys?

The show was awesome. It was a perfect night for a concert. We tried Grimaldi's pizza beforehand and I have to say, it's probably my favorite pizza in Houston. Really good stuff. Tried a plain cheese, a white pizza with garlic and a pesto pizza. They were all excellent, but the plain cheese was my favorite.

The Arctic Monkeys rocked. They're songs were hit or miss for me, but they nailed a few of them. Our seats were awesome. Dol3 had pit tickets. Claudia and I were in the center of the venue in a handicapped section, surrounded by empty seats. The whole place was crowded, but we had 10 feet of legroom and a whole "vip" section to ourselves. The usher was an elderly lady who scolded me for having handicapped tickets.

Beers were $12 :shock: Luckily, the brownies we made had me in the right state of mind.

The Keys were electric. Every song jammed. They gave it their all. Patrick looked like he was straight out of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, drumming like mad with his hair blowing in the wind. Dan went off too. I like the walk backwards with the guitar move he does. Looked like he was moonwalking or something.

Little Black Submarines was my favorite song. It really jammed. They played a nice mix of old and new stuff. Only songs I didn't get to hear that I would have liked to are Mind Eraser and Hell of a Season off of El Camino and anything from Chulahoma, they're most underappreciated album.

Poster is okay. I wouldn't like it if I didn't attend the show. Tried to double back to the merch table for buddies, but they were sold out.

Hit up Cheesecake Factory for nachos and mojitos before leaving The Woodlands. Good times :pint:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:19 pm

gonzo303 wrote:This thread is hopping. Go Houston. :lol:

You just stick to bullying Awesome. You don't want it with the Houston crowd :wink:

geto boys.jpg
geto boys.jpg (61.58 KiB) Viewed 271 times
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby sfenigma on Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:32 pm

RottenAtom wrote:

The show was awesome. It was a perfect night for a concert. We tried Grimaldi's pizza beforehand and I have to say, it's probably my favorite pizza in Houston. Really good stuff. Tried a plain cheese, a white pizza with garlic and a pesto pizza. They were all excellent, but the plain cheese was my favorite.

:D
sfenigma
Art Connoisseur

Postby RottenAtom on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:44 pm

sfenigma wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:

:D

Awesome recommendation :notworthy:

. . .

Just realized Cool Hand Luke is playing at the West Oaks Alamo today at 6. Love that flick! :clap:

They have a hard-boiled egg eating contest beforehand. Leaving work early to check it out.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby gonzo303 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:52 pm

RottenAtom wrote:

You just stick to bullying Awesome. You don't want it with the Houston crowd :wink:

geto boys.jpg

Bring it Wanksta.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Same shit, different drop.

Postby RottenAtom on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:20 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:

The attachment geto boys.jpg is no longer available

Bring it Wanksta.

Brought.
wanksta.jpg
wanksta.jpg (27.98 KiB) Viewed 243 times
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby RottenAtom on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Back on topic
luke.jpg
luke.jpg (33.4 KiB) Viewed 242 times
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby sfenigma on Tue May 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Cool local artist who designed the label/artwork for Saint Arnold Santo Beer offers silkscreen classes and other various workshops.

http://www.burningbonespress.com/silkscreening-courses/

http://www.burningbonespress.com/upcomingworkshops/

His page:

http://www.carloshernandezart.com/

- and on another note, Saint Arnold's is having a Pub Crawl this Saturday (Cinco De Mayo) in Midtown, with limited ed prints by him.

sfenigma
Art Connoisseur

Postby mike123230 on Wed May 30, 2012 2:32 pm

mike123230
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Wed May 30, 2012 3:24 pm

Bittersweet. Happy about the new locations, sad to see West Oaks go. Had lots of great times there as it's conveniently located to where I stay.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby mike123230 on Wed May 30, 2012 3:33 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Bittersweet. Happy about the new locations, sad to see West Oaks go. Had lots of great times there as it's conveniently located to where I stay.

Sorry man, but this new one is much more conveniently located to where I stay :)

You're always more than welcome to crash on my couch after a solid night at the drafthouse. :pint:
mike123230
Art Expert

Postby rubberneck on Wed May 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Nice... :pint:
rubberneck
Art Freak

Postby shivashakti on Wed May 30, 2012 3:59 pm

I stay on Hiram Clarke, next to the Come-N-Go...
shivashakti
Art Connoisseur

Postby mike123230 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:25 am

anyone going to FPSF?
mike123230
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes