help a brother out. recommend a movie.

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby duckyhoward on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:00 am

it's amusing that here in Oz (and esp in ADL) everyone knows what went down so we don't need the murders it in the title. here it is just "Snowtown"

duckyhoward
Art Expert

"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
Image T.K.C.

Postby sixstringer on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:09 am

That was one heavy film for sure! I'm feeling compelled to dig up some docs on it now.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Image T.K.C.

www.artbysix.com
100% Grade(A)rt

Postby MattTheCraw on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:15 am

sixstringer wrote:Image

Pretty intense film but glad I saw it! It's a lot ike the movie "Bully" but without all the sluts.

Tough methodical film based on real events in Australia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowtown_murders
MattTheCraw
Art Expert

Your Australian Poster Guy

Postby Callaghanx on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:25 am

Just caught Sherlock Holmes - Game of Shadows..

Was actually pretty good. Worth a watch.
Callaghanx
Art Connoisseur

Postby duckyhoward on Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:22 am

i enjoyed this new one - and it is an interesting follow up to the original.

the original is 'Who Killed the Electric Car" - which was a very interesting watch and well worth a look. if you haven't seen it definitely check it out before seeing the new one.

duckyhoward
Art Expert

"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
Image T.K.C.

Postby MattTheCraw on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:51 pm

Hadn't seen it since it first came out. Nice to see it in digital (3D was not the noticeable IMHO). I was surprised by how well it held up. Say what you want about Cameron, but the guy has massive balls. The Paxton line at the end of the film is the only thing I found cheesy and out of place ""For three years, I've thought of nothing but the Titanic. Three years. And I never got it. I never let it all in." :vomit: 8.5/10

Not as bad as you'd expect, but still not that good. If you want mindless action alien/transformer big screen popcorn fodder then this is for you. Neeson totally phones it in and overacts even more so than The Grey. Rihanna is not bad or annoying at all surprisingly. Way too long at 131 mins. 4.5/10
MattTheCraw
Art Expert

Postby duckyhoward on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:53 pm

This is only the trailer for Samsara - but for any of you who have seen Baraka or Cronos - you know what to expect. It will no doubt look and sound astounding, and make you think too - a proper cinema experience. Sounds pretty good to me. :D Baraka is visually out of this world and my reference BluRay disk for anyone who comes over to my place and wants to know what Blu's looks like. Looking forward to seeing this on the big screen when i can.

http://www.barakasamsara.com/ https://www.facebook.com/samsaramovie
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Image T.K.C.

Postby MattTheCraw on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:42 am

Oh-Yes! This is Ball-Bursting Awesome! So much fun. If you liked Thor and Captain America, it's the same look, feel, vibe. Perfect popcorn big screen blockbuster!
If you're a fan-boy, you're in for a fun ride! Spolier Alert - They finally get The Hulk right and he has some of the best and surprisingly funniest moments in the film! Stay for the Stinger just after the start of the credits - 8.5/10
MattTheCraw
Art Expert

Postby jlabbate on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:56 am

Saw this on Monday night and I enjoyed it quite a bit.....
The comedy was fantastic...the last 30 minutes were brilliant
Wish there was a bit more gore/terror for a horror film
7.5/10
jlabbate
Art Freak

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby MattTheCraw on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:40 pm

I was a tad disappointed. I was expecting it to be very very good after the word of mouth, but I found it to be pretty simple a/b/c spy film. Not even close to the Bourne films. The villain was bond-ish & one dimension (not in the same league as P.S.H in the last one) the action and scenery were all good, but I was expecting a lot more - 6/10
MattTheCraw
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:06 pm

MattTheCraw wrote:Image
I was a tad disappointed. I was expecting it to be very very good after the word of mouth, but I found it to be pretty simple a/b/c spy film. Not even close to the Bourne films. The villain was bond-ish & one dimension (not in the same league as P.S.H in the last one) the action and scenery were all good, but I was expecting a lot more - 6/10

This is one to be seen on the biggest screen possible. I really enjoyed it on Imax and thought it lost some of it's impact on a small screen.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby RottenAtom on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:08 pm

duckyhoward wrote:This is only the trailer for Samsara - but for any of you who have seen Baraka or Cronos - you know what to expect. It will no doubt look and sound astounding, and make you think too - a proper cinema experience. Sounds pretty good to me. :D Baraka is visually out of this world and my reference BluRay disk for anyone who comes over to my place and wants to know what Blu's looks like. Looking forward to seeing this on the big screen when i can.

Love Baraka and Cronos. Hadn't heard about this. Can't wait!
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby selassielion on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:15 pm

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Image

Really good. Or not so much if you think animals should not be raised as people.
duckyhoward wrote:This is only the trailer for Samsara - but for any of you who have seen Baraka or Cronos - you know what to expect. It will no doubt look and sound astounding, and make you think too - a proper cinema experience. Sounds pretty good to me. :D Baraka is visually out of this world and my reference BluRay disk for anyone who comes over to my place and wants to know what Blu's looks like. Looking forward to seeing this on the big screen when i can.

Loved Baraka, this will look pretty cool on BD
selassielion
Art Expert

Kdh12 wrote:It is not rockets science

Postby duckyhoward on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:53 pm

Hadn't seen this since it first came out in 1997 and I had forgotten how good it was. Wont be leaving it for 20 years until i watch it again. For those of you who haven't seen it - do yourself a favour and check it out. One of the best films. It's a joke that Titanic got all the Oscar glory instead of this film in 1997. (Déjà vu with forrest gump and pulp fiction in 1994). :roll:

duckyhoward
Art Expert

Image T.K.C.

Postby RottenAtom on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:59 pm

Ducky, I like your style. We should be pals :pint:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV