Calavera Azul 12 Ji Release Discussion 04/17/12

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
sistinas
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:16 pm

Just ordered mine, really love this image and grateful for a small print as I've very short on wall space!
schmoff
Art Expert

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:20 pm

+2
fCon
Art Expert

Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:10 pm

I really like the image a lot, but I don't think it's worth the $195 that it would cost me overall. :?
Any chance that this will also be available through Finegrime in the UK?
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:18 pm

fCon wrote:I really like the image a lot, but I don't think it's worth the $195 that it would cost me overall. :?
Any chance that this will also be available through Finegrime in the UK?
Doubt it. I believe they both do their own releases.

Fine Grime actually has one releasing soon.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
fCon
Art Expert

Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:56 pm

I guess you are right. They both offer different Ji prints.
Looking forward to the Fine Grime print now. Thanks.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:25 pm

And sold out.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
roo
Art Expert

Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:44 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:And sold out.
That was totally Fu%ked as there orders from oz wouldnt go thru and i had 6 different people try,, emailed them at about 1min past the drop time but nothing back about the issue, tried ringing engaged :x so i think i am screwed on this one, so if anyone got a spare or has buyers remorse on this send me a pm.... :pint:
sixstringer
Art Expert

Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Roo these will probably surface soon for close to face...I wish I knew you were having trouble cause I would have snagged you one - I only bought 1 for myself.

BTW Anyone check out the facebook page? Thought this was a funny read considering the drop was up for oh, probably a good 5 hours!

RE: facebook

827 INK -i hate flippers. Calavera is already up on Ebay. wtf

"- Sucks...

- Way lame... lets all give the seller bad feedback. Haha jk.

- People who do that ruin it for people who actually appreciate the artwork...

- i hate flippers too! i only sell something when I've run out of room for art on my walls and am getting rid of some to make space!

-What!? That pisses me off.

-Well that was ridiculously fast. What it all comes down to is greed. You guys make a great and beautiful print available and affordable so all us Sylvia Ji fans can appreciate her artwork even more. Then you have someone snatch up a print from a fan who probably wanted and deserved it more then them and flip it for an insane price all because they want to make an extra $100 or $200. Alexis Rosen is absolutely right. People who do that ruin it for the people who actually appreciate the artwork... :(On Audrey Kawasaki's website they have a rule about flippers. It's under their User Agreement and states, "Any customer caught selling a print purchased from this site at a higher price within a short time of the sale (referred to as “flipping”) will be identified, the order refunded, and possibly banned from buying items from this site in the future. Flipping is a serious disservice to Audrey, and does not allow for her work to be provided to the community as intended. Ideally we would like to provide prints to those who would appreciate it because one less flipper means one more happy fan! By registering with us, you acknowledge and respect this request, and understand the repercussions outlined above should you choose to ignore it." 827Ink should do that too!

- Boo!

- 827 INK - i'm working on getting a similar setup. been admiring that on Audrey's site. thanks :) Yvonne Velasco thank you!!!

- The guys over at Obey limit the sales to one per address and that seems to help the issue a bit... Maybe give that a try? This especially annoys me because I came on today hoping to pick one up and /just/ missed it. The one that could have been mine iis probably sitting on EBay now :-(

-Yep, one per PO Box + strong anti-flipping terms."

This drop was announced a week in advance and was up for over 5 hours. If it weren't for flippers there would probably be about half the edition still available ...as well as some from the last set. :lol:
fCon
Art Expert

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:31 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:Fine Grime actually has one releasing soon.
You were right.

But Señora Negra is not for me.
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Sooner than you think. :D
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Yea, you can actually check out with it, even though it says coming soon.

With the last couple of drops, might have to pass on Fine Grimes. Gotta see what monies I got left over.

1xRun Referral
slowt
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:28 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:Yea, you can actually check out with it, even though it says coming soon.

With the last couple of drops, might have to pass on Fine Grimes. Gotta see what monies I got left over.
LOL, wow you can. Tempted to give it a shot. :twisted:

..Poor wallet.. Exchange rate will kill me...
dsanacore
Art Expert

Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:18 pm

sixstringer wrote:Roo these will probably surface soon for close to face...I wish I knew you were having trouble cause I would have snagged you one - I only bought 1 for myself.

BTW Anyone check out the facebook page? Thought this was a funny read considering the drop was up for oh, probably a good 5 hours!

RE: facebook

827 INK -i hate flippers. Calavera is already up on Ebay. wtf

"- Sucks...

- Way lame... lets all give the seller bad feedback. Haha jk.

- People who do that ruin it for people who actually appreciate the artwork...

- i hate flippers too! i only sell something when I've run out of room for art on my walls and am getting rid of some to make space!

-What!? That pisses me off.

-Well that was ridiculously fast. What it all comes down to is greed. You guys make a great and beautiful print available and affordable so all us Sylvia Ji fans can appreciate her artwork even more. Then you have someone snatch up a print from a fan who probably wanted and deserved it more then them and flip it for an insane price all because they want to make an extra $100 or $200. Alexis Rosen is absolutely right. People who do that ruin it for the people who actually appreciate the artwork... :(On Audrey Kawasaki's website they have a rule about flippers. It's under their User Agreement and states, "Any customer caught selling a print purchased from this site at a higher price within a short time of the sale (referred to as “flipping”) will be identified, the order refunded, and possibly banned from buying items from this site in the future. Flipping is a serious disservice to Audrey, and does not allow for her work to be provided to the community as intended. Ideally we would like to provide prints to those who would appreciate it because one less flipper means one more happy fan! By registering with us, you acknowledge and respect this request, and understand the repercussions outlined above should you choose to ignore it." 827Ink should do that too!

- Boo!

- 827 INK - i'm working on getting a similar setup. been admiring that on Audrey's site. thanks :) Yvonne Velasco thank you!!!

- The guys over at Obey limit the sales to one per address and that seems to help the issue a bit... Maybe give that a try? This especially annoys me because I came on today hoping to pick one up and /just/ missed it. The one that could have been mine iis probably sitting on EBay now :-(

-Yep, one per PO Box + strong anti-flipping terms."

This drop was announced a week in advance and was up for over 5 hours. If it weren't for flippers there would probably be about half the edition still available ...as well as some from the last set. :lol:
I hope none of them become fans of Mondo :lol:
Image Image
roo
Art Expert

Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:51 pm

[quote="sixstringer"]Roo these will probably surface soon for close to face...I wish I knew you were having trouble cause I would have snagged you one - I only bought 1 for myself.

Thanks for the words sixstringer...... itsame :clap: was kind enough to come to my rescue which is very welcomed and will be rewarded..... The print from Fine Grime is very nice,, ( no problems paying for this one ) I got a email from them saying well done for getting one and a order number as i think it was a bit of a sneaky pre-order thing for the faithful thats why it had coming soon still up.. Dont think there will be to many of the 100 left by the time it goes up officially. The prints are still in the states getting signed so it will be a bit of time yet before they arrive from the UK...... :pint:
summoner
Art Freak

Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:05 pm

Got word that mine is waiting for me at home! :)
Image Image Image