Black Keys Grand Rapids 12 Hunter

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:20 pm

I NEED to see a close up of that Pearlescent paper. :drool:
Jayhawk
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:39 pm

+1
Got mine in the mail today!
The ink smell fills the room.
Love it!
upseeker
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:16 pm

Are they soy-based inks? I know gamma made the eco-switch and the colors got even better! Cannot wait to see the foil tomorrow! :drool:
geezer
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:26 pm

Mine has no ink smell at all.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:54 pm

So sad when ya come away smell-less :P
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:17 pm

Odorless is not always a bad thang...

:ban:

But in posters, stinky is in!
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
Guy816
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:04 pm

Got the foil today, it's pretty awesome in person! Unfortunately it also came with a bent corner however which is kind of a bummer.
geezer
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:12 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:So sad when ya come away smell-less :P
Fortunately I countered with some stinky reefer :ziggi:
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:24 pm

geezer wrote:
Rick_a_c wrote:So sad when ya come away smell-less :P
Fortunately I countered with some stinky reefer :ziggi:
:clap:
me too!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:23 am

:lol: :notworthy:

Good job, boys!
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
coleslaw
Art Expert

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:47 pm

Foil landed today, nice low # and a sight to behold in person :notworthy:

If we ever have AOTW again this gets my vote. Thanks DH !!!
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:44 pm

Mine came today, too. The reason I wanted the silver was that I thought it would be understated rather than sparkly, to bring out the richness of the image. It does just that. The pearlescent stock actually mutes the image just a tad, which softens the look as compared to the regular edition. I'm really, really happy with it. If I would have been looking for something that popped, or something that drew focus to the stock, I would have probably been a bit disappointed. It's not a foil, nor is it flashy; just a classy looking poster. Great job, Dave!
phishstix101
Art Expert

Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:16 am

Hey Rick, I thought exactly the same. I like how the colors do the work instead of the paper. Understated classiness!
Should be fun figuring out how to frame this! Love the pearl stock! Way to go DH!!! :pint:
FroDawg
Art Expert

Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:Mine came today, too. The reason I wanted the silver was that I thought it would be understated rather than sparkly, to bring out the richness of the image. It does just that. The pearlescent stock actually mutes the image just a tad, which softens the look as compared to the regular edition. I'm really, really happy with it. If I would have been looking for something that popped, or something that drew focus to the stock, I would have probably been a bit disappointed. It's not a foil, nor is it flashy; just a classy looking poster. Great job, Dave!
Love (❤❤❤) my reg but is it okay to admit I'm a little envious of those that got 'Ag' prints?

Hey Rick, I can remember a few elements from the periodic table bc when we were kids, there were only a few. Now there are 118 according to Wiki...where did the time go? Where did all the smart people come from...our progeny? :lol: 8) :lol:
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:12 pm

Hey Fro,
You must be confusing alchemy with chemistry :P