Framed Stuff Part 6

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
Opticblast
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:06 am

emac wrote:Damn, that JP variant is slick! :clap: Just when I thought I'd decided the reg should get the framing treatment, you go and post that beauty and bring back the indecision. :)
It’s hard deciding which to frame if you have both versions, both look glorious. I believe they put something like 12 screens and a bunch of split fountains so there is a lot of great detail to be enjoyed with either one. I think it will come down to your décor and how the colors play off your wall and furniture as well as any surrounding prints. Analogous or complimentary colored prints next to one another will always look great. Corey’s frame up of the regular JP is just insanely good, and either version framed will turn out fantastic.
pathways wrote:
Opticblast wrote:Image
Jesus drymounting christ these are amazing. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm hopefully taking some Baizley's to the framer next week as well. Those are just fantastic references.
I really love that his work gets printed on different colored paper, allowing for many iterations of his art in astounding colors, and options for display. When you get those framed Baizleys up make sure to start a John Bizley frame thread! I look forward to adding more of John’s prints to my growing collection and seeing more of his work framed.
DarkPassnger
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:33 pm

Just had this framed recently and put it up on the wall. New to the board so I thought I'd share.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate." - The Zapper
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:47 pm

Wow, nice work. I love how so many new people have been posting framed pieces as their first several posts! :clap:
Welcome
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:02 pm

Wow, way cool. I think that's the best frame up of the Stout Lost I've seen yet!
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:12 pm

Great frame choice on the LOST, looks fantastic!
DarkPassnger
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:13 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:Wow, nice work. I love how so many new people have been posting framed pieces as their first several posts! :clap:
Welcome
Thank you. Yeah I figured I may as well share while I am at it ha.
Darkknight37 wrote:Wow, way cool. I think that's the best frame up of the Stout Lost I've seen yet!
Thanks I appreciate that. The framer knows her stuff and it really helped out with the selection. I really like it.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate." - The Zapper
iambillyg
Art Freak

Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:14 pm

Makes me want it even more.

Nice post. Welcome.
DarkPassnger
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:16 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:Great frame choice on the LOST, looks fantastic!
Thank you!
iambillyg wrote:Makes me want it even more.

Nice post. Welcome.
Thanks I appreciate it!
DixHauser
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:29 pm

This Lost guy is my roommate.

The Akira poster is hung right next to Lost. lol
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Last edited by KSUvet on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
murdock
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:16 pm

Just now saw page 100 and man! was there some fitting content! Amazing frame ups of awewome prints - all of them!

:notworthy:
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:45 pm

mistersmith wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:
talkingdeads wrote: Are you a mid to late eighties Royals fan? If so, bravo and I thank yoy for picking a name after one of the greats in baseball that sadly fell to cancer.
I sure am. It won't get any better than '85! Dan Quisenberry, Bret Saberhagen, Willie Wilson, Steve Balboni....such a great team that year. And downhill ever since....
Hey, I'd be willing to argue there was at least one highlight a few years later!

I'm a huge Bo fan. He knows, you see.
There's no denying we've had some good players, but the '85 team was something special.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:07 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:Great frame choice on the LOST, looks fantastic!
xN3rDx
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:59 pm

Just picked up my After the War. I'll get a better picture when its on the wall.

fnord
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:03 pm

:clap: that's a great frame up :clap:
You should post up a pic when you find the spot on the wall, you know, for me
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E