Love is the Answer 12 Mr Brainwash

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.

Postby lazk on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:27 pm

Super_Dank_Nugz wrote:Insta flippers are dumb.


Been saying that for months....
User avatar
lazk
Art Expert
 
Posts: 4816
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:45 am
Location: Knoxville, TN
Image T.K.C.

Postby Grateful69Phish on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:44 pm

I'm a little pissed I didn't watch more closely and flip what the idiots couldn't afford to keep - done that on a couple MBW's

Sometimes more money in banging the preflipperss than purchasing and flipping.
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Expert
 
Posts: 9932
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Postby cktbreaker on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:46 pm

^^ agreed $90 profit would even cover the sales tax if you live in CA. So in fact I could have bought one cheaper off ebay than from MBW.
cktbreaker
Art Expert
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:44 pm

Postby PLUSH on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:48 pm

I missed out on getting one of these, so I had to buy one off the bay, glad I got in for $1250.
User avatar
PLUSH
Art Expert
 
Posts: 3829
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: TEXAS

Postby maden on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:54 pm

cktbreaker wrote:^^ agreed $90 profit would even cover the sales tax if you live in CA. So in fact I could have bought one cheaper off ebay than from MBW.


Grateful69Phish wrote:Sometimes more money in banging the preflipperss than purchasing and flipping.


Keep in mind that the sale price was $1250. When you factor in fees and the free shipping the seller was offering they only came out with about $90. Still cheaper to buy from MBW.
User avatar
maden
Art Expert
 
Posts: 6593
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:52 pm
Location: Del Boca Vista
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

Image

Postby Super_Dank_Nugz on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:03 pm

itsame wrote:happy 666 posts!


Thanks!
User avatar
Super_Dank_Nugz
Art Expert
 
Posts: 1318
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Boston, MA
Image Image

Postby cktbreaker on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Ah, right I didn't have all that accounted for.
cktbreaker
Art Expert
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:44 pm

Postby timc on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:10 pm

PLUSH wrote:I missed out on getting one of these, so I had to buy one off the bay, glad I got in for $1250.

Nice pick up! :pint:
User avatar
timc
Art Expert
 
Posts: 3960
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:10 am
Location: San Diego
The smallest oceans still get BIG BIG waves

"Dogs can find pot and bombs maybe it can find water!" :)

Postby disdig1 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:12 pm

timc wrote:
PLUSH wrote:I missed out on getting one of these, so I had to buy one off the bay, glad I got in for $1250.

Nice pick up! :pint:


just hope the seller doesn't refund you because of a "damaged" print
User avatar
disdig1
Art Expert
 
Posts: 3274
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Nexus of the Universe

Postby NoseSpray on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:09 pm

disdig1 wrote:
timc wrote:
PLUSH wrote:I missed out on getting one of these, so I had to buy one off the bay, glad I got in for $1250.

Nice pick up! :pint:


just hope the seller doesn't refund you because of a "damaged" print

Right? I bet people make deals, hang on to people's money for days or weeks and then if they see the market increasing, they claim the print was damaged and reflip it. Bastards!
User avatar
NoseSpray
Art Connoisseur
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:15 pm
Location: Location, Location!

Postby casoriat on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:19 pm

NoseSpray wrote:
disdig1 wrote:
timc wrote:
PLUSH wrote:I missed out on getting one of these, so I had to buy one off the bay, glad I got in for $1250.

Nice pick up! :pint:


just hope the seller doesn't refund you because of a "damaged" print

Right? I bet people make deals, hang on to people's money for days or weeks and then if they see the market increasing, they claim the print was damaged and reflip it. Bastards!


Happened to me with a Cluster print, although I got no reason, just a refund 30 days later.
User avatar
casoriat
Art Connoisseur
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:07 pm
Location: Tampa Bay

Postby Grateful69Phish on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:25 pm

maden wrote:
cktbreaker wrote:^^ agreed $90 profit would even cover the sales tax if you live in CA. So in fact I could have bought one cheaper off ebay than from MBW.


Grateful69Phish wrote:Sometimes more money in banging the preflipperss than purchasing and flipping.


Keep in mind that the sale price was $1250. When you factor in fees and the free shipping the seller was offering they only came out with about $90. Still cheaper to buy from MBW.


Understood- but its an easy way to exceed the 1 per limit and I don't mind spending "more" when there is a great chance of another 500 bucks to follow.

I paid a couple dim wits a small premium when I bought up 5 copies of liberty- which will pay off huge in the very near future.
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Expert
 
Posts: 9932
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Postby NoseSpray on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:31 pm

casoriat wrote:
NoseSpray wrote:Right? I bet people make deals, hang on to people's money for days or weeks and then if they see the market increasing, they claim the print was damaged and reflip it. Bastards!


Happened to me with a Cluster print, although I got no reason, just a refund 30 days later.

Sucks.
User avatar
NoseSpray
Art Connoisseur
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:15 pm
Location: Location, Location!

Postby Grateful69Phish on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:34 pm

Those pre-flipper antics can be reversed....if the print goes down after purchase just claim it was damaged in transit..... 2 can play that game

And if you really want to torch them - notify the artist the number so it can't be returned.... :hanging: :lol:
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Expert
 
Posts: 9932
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Postby NoseSpray on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:36 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:Those pre-flipper antics can be reversed....if the print goes down after purchase just claim it was damaged in transit..... 2 can play that game

And if you really want to torch them - notify the artist the number so it can't be returned.... :hanging: :lol:

Yeah but that's what insurance is for...so that would still work out for the seller.
User avatar
NoseSpray
Art Connoisseur
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:15 pm
Location: Location, Location!

PreviousNext

Return to Art Comments



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], smellmysocks73 and 7 guests