any golfers on here?

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby jjbehren on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:38 pm

Danno1 wrote:Yeah if tad is shooting very close to scratch, that is outstanding. 11 handicap is getting pretty good too.

I have come within 20' or so from the pin with a chance at an eagle about 3-4 times that I can remember, blew every one though. I came within about 5' from a hole in one on a par 3, had the daughter caddying for me even that day.

While working at a golf course in high school I was cutting the apron on a green and pulled over for a golfer about to tee off. Guy hits a hole in one, 200 yard par 3. Older guy didnt even notice until he got up to the green and didnt see his ball. That was pretty cool, his first hole in one after many years of golfing.

On the course my buddies often refer to me as "four-putt bogey." On a par 5 in two, four putts. I've done it twice.
jjbehren
Flipper

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby Gravy on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:53 pm

I've just started getting into it again. Played as a jr. then for a summer about 4 years ago.

Really getting back into it now. Not confident enough for a course yet though. :p
Gravy
Art Connoisseur

Postby bisondice on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:33 am

maden wrote:
mistersmith wrote:I did shoot a 19 at the caveman-themed mini golf in Ocean City, MD once. That was spectacular.

One hell of a course. Ocean City has some fantastic mini golf.

Ocean City, MD?
bisondice
Art Expert

"Beauty is but the conscious sum of all our perversions" -Dali

Postby maden on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:35 am

That's the one.
maden
Art Expert

We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

Postby OtisMcfluster on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:47 am

jjbehren wrote:On the course my buddies often refer to me as "four-putt bogey." On a par 5 in two, four putts. I've done it twice.

That's pretty damn funny.
OtisMcfluster
Art Expert

Postby mistersmith on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:01 am

bisondice wrote:Ocean City, MD?

Yup. Where I burned a half dozen summers, underage drinking, playing guitar on the boardwalk, and trying to get laid with like a 40% success rate.
mistersmith
Art Freak

electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.

Postby Vytis33 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:26 am

OtisMcfluster wrote:
jjbehren wrote:On the course my buddies often refer to me as "four-putt bogey." On a par 5 in two, four putts. I've done it twice.

That's pretty damn funny.

A few weeks back my buddy was on a par-4 in two and 5 putted. True story. In his defense (slightly) the greens were lightning fast and the greenskeeper clearly hadn't gotten any from his old lady in a while because the pin was right on the crest of a ridge.
Vytis33
Art Expert

Postby canuck on Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:24 pm

Golf is a great sport! Having worked at a couple courses over the years I have a lot of respect for the game. Looking forward to St George the next 3 days. They have some killer courses down there.
canuck
Art Expert

Image Image Image Image

Postby comountaingolf on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Nice to see El Tigre get the W at Bayhill.... he's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack :lol: :twisted:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Denis Lemieux wrote:Icing 'appen when dee puck come down... Bang! You know... before dee udder guy. Nobody dere...

T H C '10 T H C '11 T H C '12 T H C '13 T H C '14

Postby jjbehren on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:41 pm

Golfed twice this March in Minnesota already. My first round this year I went out and put up a 6-over 77, a career best for me. Then today I go out and shoot so badly I stopped keeping score. I'm sure it was low-to-mid-nineties though. Damn game.

Edit: I just went shot-for-shot through my round. It was a 95. Uggh...
jjbehren
Flipper

Postby jmacd on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:59 pm

jjbehren wrote:Golfed twice this March in Minnesota already. My first round this year I went out and put up a 6-over 77, a career best for me. Then today I go out and shoot so badly I stopped keeping score. I'm sure it was low-to-mid-nineties though. Damn game.

Edit: I just went shot-for-shot through my round. It was a 95. Uggh...

never fails. after a great round you usually come back with a stinker because you think you're gonna go and smash the ball again.

had a hole in one myself. no one around to see it 2 hop into the hole so it never officially happened. . . .shot 6 over twice in my life. about 15 handicap playing basically twice a month if that. love the game though. just tough to burn a day to play a round and then get grief from the wife as im gone all day.
jmacd
Art Expert

Postby Vytis33 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:07 pm

I shot a 51 on the front nine once and was halfway to my car ready to go home. I was furious. My brother convinced me to stay and finish the round. I shot a 35 on the back. Still the best nine hole score I ever posted.

Golf.
Vytis33
Art Expert

Postby Imatruck on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:02 pm

best round I ever shot was an 81 in Brigantine, NJ. Had a chance to break 80, but on 18, my bro-in-law brought that to my attention, and I promptly sliced into the woods. I usually shoot in the 90's.....but dont play much. I now typically only play in scrambles for work.....two kids have cut into my golf time significantly.
Imatruck
Art Expert

Postby technique on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:57 pm

I used to play for my high school team and we got to play a few country clubs and all that good stuff. I used to be hardcore into it and had the taylor made high end clubs but kind of dropped off it after college but still play in a few scrambles around town every now and then.
technique
Art Expert

Postby kryptonite1970 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:50 pm

Just the driving range for me as I don't have the time to play right now. Maybe, I'll try mini golf...
kryptonite1970
Art Enthusiast

Looking for an affordable flat file...

PreviousNext

Return to Sports