Det er en Slags Ting 12 Englert

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
piratesprayer
Art Expert

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:43 pm

When are the regulars shipping?
talkingdeads wrote:My nipples just did a back flip!
markenglert
Art Expert

Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:49 pm

piratesprayer wrote:When are the regulars shipping?
Right now, the printer is waiting on paper on will jump on the run once that arrives sometime in the coming week. I took advantage of the time it will take the paper to ship out to him to make some adjustments that will make the pulls easier on the printers end and brought back some details that would have been lost, due to my inexperience in setting up files for screen printing. Jay Shaw saw the first print and assured me that I needn't bother with the expense of burning new screens, that it looked awesome as is, but I am a stickler and I am chalking up the extra cost to learning this trade... and since it wouldn't delay the printing, I went for it.

The run will take 4-5 days to pull, since it is rather large, and then it will be shipped to me. Once I get them, anything I am doing will be put on hold while I sign, # and ship out tubes.

I am waiting on tubes from Yazoo Mills to arrive, kraft paper from Uline and I ordered a label printer and scale from Amazon. Once I get the prints, sometime around the end of the month, I'll focus on getting the ones I only have to sign and number out right away. The prints with sketches, or people who requested certain numbers will ship out last.

In the future, I will endeavor to have the whole run printed first and in tubes by the time I put it up for sale. Since this was a timed release that I couldn't very well predict, it was impossible to have paper ready, or know the amount of ink to prepare, or how to have the printer invoice me properly so they could start.

I hope you can all bear with me... my intention is to deliver the very best print possible and in as timely a manner as I can manage.

P.S. I apologize if my grammer seems a bit old fashioned, my wife got me hooked on Downton Abbey :P
aldo
Art Expert

Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:09 pm

markenglert wrote: P.S. I apologize if my grammer seems a bit old fashioned, my wife got me hooked on Downton Abbey :P
Matthew and Mary 4ever.
golobulus
Art Expert

Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:27 pm

Quality is worth waiting for!
piratesprayer
Art Expert

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:47 pm

golobulus wrote:Quality is worth waiting for!
Damn skippy. These are going to look great
markenglert
Art Expert

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:55 pm

Thanks, guys.

I just got an email from the printer... new screens have yet to be burned, but he has run some more glow in the dark tests. The blue GID ink shows up a bit still, but I think it adds a rather cool, unexpected effect:

I think it's pretty neat that if you don't know what to look for, or have a reg right next to it, it would go mostly unnoticed... but now you can see and appreciate that extra level of detail in the daylight, without having to resort to flicking off the lights.

Also, oddly enough, it still glows fairly green.
Navinabob
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:33 pm

markenglert wrote:
Right now, the printer is waiting on paper on will jump on the run once that arrives sometime in the coming week. I took advantage of the time it will take the paper to ship out to him to make some adjustments that will make the pulls easier on the printers end and brought back some details that would have been lost, due to my inexperience in setting up files for screen printing. Jay Shaw saw the first print and assured me that I needn't bother with the expense of burning new screens, that it looked awesome as is, but I am a stickler and I am chalking up the extra cost to learning this trade... and since it wouldn't delay the printing, I went for it.

The run will take 4-5 days to pull, since it is rather large, and then it will be shipped to me. Once I get them, anything I am doing will be put on hold while I sign, # and ship out tubes.

I am waiting on tubes from Yazoo Mills to arrive, kraft paper from Uline and I ordered a label printer and scale from Amazon. Once I get the prints, sometime around the end of the month, I'll focus on getting the ones I only have to sign and number out right away. The prints with sketches, or people who requested certain numbers will ship out last.

In the future, I will endeavor to have the whole run printed first and in tubes by the time I put it up for sale. Since this was a timed release that I couldn't very well predict, it was impossible to have paper ready, or know the amount of ink to prepare, or how to have the printer invoice me properly so they could start.

I hope you can all bear with me... my intention is to deliver the very best print possible and in as timely a manner as I can manage.

P.S. I apologize if my grammer seems a bit old fashioned, my wife got me hooked on Downton Abbey :P
On that note.... I would be first in line for a Downton Abbey print if you ever tackled it!
treegate
Art Enthusiast

Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:59 pm

markenglert wrote:

Mark I think everyone here understands and appreciates the up-to-date news and info you provide, so take your time on this, there should not be any complaints from anyone here.
markenglert
Art Expert

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:20 am

Navinabob wrote:
On that note.... I would be first in line for a Downton Abbey print if you ever tackled it!
I wasn't sure what I would do for a Downton Abbey print... until I saw the last shot of that Christmas special.
piratesprayer
Art Expert

Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:22 am

to the top. any update ?
skinkrawl
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:55 pm

piratesprayer wrote:to the top. any update ?
Ditto
piratesprayer
Art Expert

Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:34 am

piratesprayer wrote:to the top. any update ?
Antarcticia !! drymount yaaaa!! Bump for an update
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:53 am

All the info you want is here fellas:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 32&t=81852

Looks like he may get them on Monday.
automator
Nobody

Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:21 am

New image Det er en Slags Ting 12 Englert

automator
Nobody