Back To The Future Set 12 Phantom City Creative Release Disc

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
jmacd
Art Expert

Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:41 pm

dylansdad wrote:If anybody wants to sell their AP set, let me know.
me too, after dylansdad of course . . .
dylansdad
Art Expert

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:40 pm

jmacd wrote:
Well, my wife got us an order in with Mondo for a set. But if I can get an AP, I'd prefer that--and a board member can then have my Mondo order at cost. So I was just looking to indulge my preference for APs.
dronevil
Art Enthusiast

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:15 am

I didn't think this set would sell out this fast. I was lucky enough to be able to buy a set from Mondo. I think it looks great but, to be honest, I wouldn't mind trading it for some other prints in my ISO (once it's in hands obviously). I didn't buy it with that in mind, but if I can help someone who wants it more than me and get some of my ISOs, why not? Otherwise I'll keep it and that's also fine. Most of the stuff I'm looking for isn't super rare or expensive anyway, and I'm looking for a fair deal based on six-months average value. Anyway, just throwing that out there if anybody is interested. Thanks!

Hope I don't get flamed for this. :oops:
RiotAct
EB Team

Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:53 pm

why are so many 'EBers on eBay getting the images mixed up for the regular and variant? The dude whose auction is up to $410.00 currently got the individual images correct, but then indicates

"When you put the three posters together you get this image:
Image"

Herp-a-derp :hanging:
rubberneck
Art God

Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:57 pm

RiotAct wrote:why are so many 'EBers on eBay getting the images mixed up for the regular and variant? The dude whose auction is up to $410.00 currently got the individual images correct, but then indicates

Image"

Flipping doesnt require intelligence...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Celsius
Flipper

Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:59 pm

I'm going to be honest. I don't get why the regulars are going for so much more than the variants. Like, when I look on ebay I see the regular pics put together and they look better than the variant when it's like that, but then when you get them you're going to have to put them in three separate frames and they will not look as cool as with the ebay jpegs since there will be frames separating them. The variant might only have one color, but at least the D isn't broken up.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
RiotAct
EB Team

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:05 pm

rubberneck wrote:
RiotAct wrote:why are so many 'EBers on eBay getting the images mixed up for the regular and variant? The dude whose auction is up to $410.00 currently got the individual images correct, but then indicates

Image"

Flipping doesnt require intelligence...
well yeah I know, but it would be nice if the sellers would accurately represent the product that they're tripling their money on :lol:

It wouldn't bug me if it were just one or two isolated instances, but I've seen at least 5 auctions make the same mistake
rubberneck
Art God

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Agreed.

I like the concept of different color palettes across the movies and wish they had done a fade or split fountain on the variant.

Having the car unbroken and a print that will fit in a standard 24x36 (letterboxed) is what makes the variant advantageous...

But its a variant so the color palette is revised, so its not just an uncut print...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Vivek
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:01 pm

Celsius wrote: but then when you get them you're going to have to put them in three separate frames
Is there no way to get them placed together in a single frame without compromising the borders in the middle? I couldn't get the poster, but was still wondering how the frame job would end up.

Does anybody have any example or pics of similar triptych posters framed together?
RiotAct
EB Team

Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:57 pm

Vivek wrote: Is there no way to get them placed together in a single frame without compromising the borders in the middle? I couldn't get the poster, but was still wondering how the frame job would end up.
scissors :twisted:
Vivek
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:52 pm

RiotAct wrote:
Vivek wrote: Is there no way to get them placed together in a single frame without compromising the borders in the middle? I couldn't get the poster, but was still wondering how the frame job would end up.
scissors :twisted:
Ha..well since the DeLorean body is part of the border, trimming is not required and that is not the problem. I am curious as to without the frames holding the borders in the middle, will it not crease up or will the glass will be sufficient to support it. I am referring to the area highlighted with the blue boxes in the attached image.
RiotAct
EB Team

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:30 pm

Oh... hmm, I would guess it would be okay as long as you made sure to get a frame that's pretty much exactly 54" long (maybe with 1/16" extra to play around with).

I'm far from an expert on these kinds of things though
Rebafeind
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:50 am

i think the regulars are more desired cause they are a lot nicer
metalgod01

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:58 pm

Anyone have ideas on how to frame up the 3-set?

Matte or no matte? Consistent matte color across all 3?
andrewlasane
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:55 am

dylansdad wrote:
jmacd wrote:
Well, my wife got us an order in with Mondo for a set. But if I can get an AP, I'd prefer that--and a board member can then have my Mondo order at cost. So I was just looking to indulge my preference for APs.
Why do you prefer APs? How are they different besides what's written on the bottom? (Noob question)