The Death of Jimi Hendrix 12 Welker

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
readicculus86
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:09 am

phishstix101 wrote:
gospar wrote:Any story behind this image ???
The scroll will have the date of Hendrix' death. The concept is Hendrix traveling through the vortex between the earthly plane and the next dimension. The abandoned gas station is a symbol of his untimely transition. His guitar is unplugged and he is reflecting on the loss of his own brief but incredible life.
:clap:
Ok, that was deep. Jimi is up there on my all-time favourite artists. +1 need this. Well done David :clap:
veltri
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:28 am

Yeah, I'm glad the Hendrix wasn't another big head. There's enough of those.

The unplugged guitar and small Jimi makes this one as Welker explained so sad and hopeless.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Welker via electrachrome wrote:I had no idea that he overdosed on his girlfriends Belgian prescriptions sleeping pills. I found that even more tragic than my misconception that he overdosed on intravenous heroin. It made it seem a lot more accidental."
Yeah, he'd been playing and recording and working and everyone wanted a piece of him, and he just tried to sleep for two straight days. Sleeping pills and wine, he puked in his sleep and was too zonked to realize he was suffocating.

I've read a lot that says there's no real evidence of Jimi ever using heroin...it's all just rumor. I think weed and LSD was it, maybe a little coke, but you know, it's not like I was there or anything. Or born or anything. Just what I read in a few biographies.
fredo wrote:Also, there are Cadillacs in the afterlife. This is good news.
That's a '70 Coupe de Ville...which means there are brand new Cadillacs in heaven. I hope mine's not an SRX.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
canuck
Art Freak

Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:12 pm

There ia actually a lot of controversy behind his death. What you guys think? Accidental overdose, suicide, murder?
mistersmith
Art Freak

Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:36 pm

canuck wrote:There ia actually a lot of controversy behind his death. What you guys think? Accidental overdose, suicide, murder?
I've never read any legitimate controversy, just Weekly World News type of sensationalism.

-- His former manager is alleged to have said, "I killed my friend" and is said to have personally shoved the pills and wine into Jimi's mouth. Well, Jimi was a big dude and I don't think anyone was going to force him two swallow nine barbituates and two bottles of wine, and even if they did, Monica Danneman was there all night. Also, you know, the person that makes these claims just happened to write a book about it after the manager died.

-- Tweaked-out hippies think COINTELPRO had him murdered for being a successful, subversive black man. COINTELPRO was one of the most disgusting things the US has ever done, but Jimi's music was very rarely political.

-- Tweaked-out hippies think the CIA had Jimi, Morrisson, Janis, and more killed because of their "leftist" ideology. Which is insane.

-- He had 42 more pills in his pocket. If he had wanted to check out, he would have been in the express line.

I don't think there's any real evidence that this is anything more than one of the greatest tragedies in music...a tired, wounded man tries to take a break and he accidentally passes away.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
canuck
Art Freak

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:58 pm

If his death was in America I think a lot more investigation would have went into it. There isn't enough evidence to convict anyone of a murder. But his manager did claim a 2 million dollar life insurance policy for his death. That is kinda fishy if you ask me. Plus the fact that the wine wasn't actually in his bloodstream either. Karma caught up with the manager eventually tho with his death coming from a plane crash a few years later. What are the odds of that? Karma is a bitch...
jester
Art Expert

Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:08 am

I dont like that Jimi is at an abandoned gas station with a car, I dont get it. "I dont see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one, dont be late"
You would think the whole transition between here and the next life/plane of existence, would be more then a stop at an abandoned gas station.

I am a HUGE Hendrix fan, and this is a very cool idea, I just dont like the gas station or car...
ISO: Any Spusta original sketches, original inkings, or concept drawings. Please PM me to discuss...
xjmjx
Art Expert

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:36 am

mistersmith wrote:
canuck wrote:There ia actually a lot of controversy behind his death. What you guys think? Accidental overdose, suicide, murder?
I've never read any legitimate controversy, just Weekly World News type of sensationalism.

-- His former manager is alleged to have said, "I killed my friend" and is said to have personally shoved the pills and wine into Jimi's mouth. Well, Jimi was a big dude and I don't think anyone was going to force him two swallow nine barbituates and two bottles of wine, and even if they did, Monica Danneman was there all night. Also, you know, the person that makes these claims just happened to write a book about it after the manager died.

-- Tweaked-out hippies think COINTELPRO had him murdered for being a successful, subversive black man. COINTELPRO was one of the most disgusting things the US has ever done, but Jimi's music was very rarely political.

-- Tweaked-out hippies think the CIA had Jimi, Morrisson, Janis, and more killed because of their "leftist" ideology. Which is insane.

-- He had 42 more pills in his pocket. If he had wanted to check out, he would have been in the express line.

I don't think there's any real evidence that this is anything more than one of the greatest tragedies in music...a tired, wounded man tries to take a break and he accidentally passes away.
Very eloquently put Smith.
downtown
Art Expert

Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:22 am

Imagination is the key to my lyrics. The rest is painted with a little science fiction.
-JH
boxcarwilly
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:37 pm

Trippy
Lost my fudge tryin to act casual.
jordachep
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:49 pm

Saw this at the show. Looks WAY better in person. It was a no brainier... +1
tubehead311
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:15 pm

Just grabbed one. Can't wait to see in person. Great price too!!!
Sherlock
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:01 pm

mistersmith wrote:I've never read any legitimate controversy, just Weekly World News type of sensationalism.

Unfortunately, there's more to it than that. I'm involved in researching this and scan the internet for comments. Your theory is flawed because the data proves Jimi had 3.9mg barbiturate % of blood in him at his autopsy, which means he was provably unconscious when the wine was introduced. The opposite is actually true, and I've never seen anyone who doubts the murder evidence present any legitimate input.

Jimi was most-likely set-up by an intel black-op where the most powerful sleeping pills on the market were introduced into his environment by an intel infiltrator girlfriend. His manager Michael Jeffery was British Intelligence MI-6 trained and would be privy to such tactics. As is true today, waterboarding was a military intelligence practice and when used for assassination would leave no marks on the body and appear as a drug overdose that would be announced as such in the media.

The man who made the claim is Tappy Wright. Tappy Wright worked in Michael Jeffery's management office and was a trusted friend of Jeffery's. Jeffery confided in him because Tappy was deep enough into Jeffery's money-laundering and mafia loans to be considered an insider who wouldn't talk. Tappy didn't talk for 40 years, so Jeffery was right. Tappy wrote the book 36 years after Jeffery died.

mistersmith wrote:-- Tweaked-out hippies think COINTELPRO had him murdered for being a successful, subversive black man. COINTELPRO was one of the most disgusting things the US has ever done, but Jimi's music was very rarely political.

You have no idea how wrong you are on that. Research into COINTELPRO is not limited to "tweaked-out hippies". As Constantine showed Jimi had a lengthy FBI file. FBI was going nuts over the Black Panthers and running some very dirty covert programs against all radicals -especially black leaders that could be associated with the Panthers. Right after Jimi had a lengthy entry in his FBI file mentioning Panther and Chicago 7 involvement he experienced a strange heroin bust at Toronto Airport customs. A pill bottle containing plastic packets of heroin was right on top of his clothes when they opened his bag. The more you study FBI/CIA operations CHAOS and COINTELPRO the more Jimi Hendrix's problems conform to the written purpose of those programs. Including his death. What you don't understand is that intel had gone so cowboy that it didn't matter if Jimi was overtly political or not.

mistersmith wrote:-- Tweaked-out hippies think the CIA had Jimi, Morrisson, Janis, and more killed because of their "leftist" ideology. Which is insane.

It is possible intel was decapitating a movement like a domestic Phoenix Program. But just stick to Hendrix.

mistersmith wrote:-- He had 42 more pills in his pocket. If he had wanted to check out, he would have been in the express line.

Actually the forensic evidence that the British Government never bothered to process proves murder. Jimi had a level of barbiturate in him at the autopsy that proves beyond a doubt he had to be unconscious at the time the wine was introduced into his lungs. The autopsy evidence proves beyond a doubt that there was too little blood alcohol content (5mg per 100ml) to allow any non-murder explanation for the wine. If you further investigate all the lies told by the witnesses that morning you'll understand why they lied. They knew Jeffery had murdered Jimi and were afraid to be murdered themselves. This explains why the British Government lied in their pretend re-investigation in 1993. When Jimi's girlfriend Monika Dannemann was finally forced to tell the truth she was found dead in her Mercedes from car fumes.

Last edited by Sherlock on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fredo
Art God

Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:07 pm

What do you think of Jay Ryan?
just a foil for me today, thanks
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:27 pm

"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi