shoeless
Art Expert

Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:38 pm

Xander wrote:Great read; great work.
Agreed! Picked up a copy last night.
WalterSobchak
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:53 pm

treweman wrote:The Cosmonauts are very, very good, but APV is a drug.
Great quote my friend. I would say the White and Red Cosmonauts are a drug also. Just look into the faceplate on the Red or the position of the White. APV is a great drug. I'm soooooo glad it won art print of the year. Great piece of work. I'm in wonder on the feel of Cluster. I hope they release a small and large prints.
Every morning I awake as someone else.
mgwashburn
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:03 pm

One of these days I am going to frame White Cosmo, Adrift and Red Cosmo...and hang them side-by-side in that order

Since they obviously represent 'ascent to heaven', adrift in purgatory and 'descent into hell'

What a perfect set for the religious corner of my house (next to the incense burner). :lol:
WalterSobchak
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:36 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxmEn9fMJ6s
I think this video is proof of the existing Large Red Cosmonaut. It also shows a Large Heat Death and Large White Cosmonaut. You may want to listen to the fellow, but I had to mute him. The images of all three are a little past half way through.
wneff
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:46 pm

According to Soph, both Pale Memory and A Perfect Vacuum OGs will be on display at the upcoming Jonathan Levine Gallery NYC show. I definitely want to see these in person, and am hoping to make it to the show, maybe the opening.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:50 pm

wneff wrote:According to Soph, both Pale Memory and A Perfect Vacuum OGs will be on display at the upcoming Jonathan Levine Gallery NYC show. I definitely want to see these in person, and am hoping to make it to the show, maybe the opening.
I'm strongly debating going to the opening/show. But, not sure i can afford it. I doubt any prints will be there, right?
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
treweman
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:56 pm

I'm hoping for an OG. My name is on the list, my doc says I can get by on a single kidney, and I'm rarin' to go.
WalterSobchak
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:58 pm

I'm going. It's the only event I will not miss. Unless death or close to death comes into play. Really cool hearing OG Vacuum will be available to gaze at. How much does an OG go for?
student42
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:12 pm

I contacted Jonathan Levine Gallery to find out if there is anything that I needed to do to ensure my entrance to the show since I will be flying in from the west coast and they told me to just show up. That makes me a little nervous. Have any of you attended a show there and if so how is it getting into the gallery? I will have to get tickets to the Book of Mormon while I am there as well.
ImageI like pie!
goldenrose
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:34 pm

WalterSobchak wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxmEn9fMJ6s
I think this video is proof of the existing Large Red Cosmonaut. It also shows a Large Heat Death and Large White Cosmonaut. You may want to listen to the fellow, but I had to mute him. The images of all three are a little past half way through.
Cool link. Not the same one as in the video but he's the large Red Cosmonaut they sold at the show - I think. It's much larger than the official release and on thinner paper.

the reckless are out wrecking, the timid plead their pleas - robert hunter
fotbh
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:54 pm

I'd absolutely love to go to his show in New York. It would be my first time in the states too and I can't think of a better reason. Shame Scotland isn't more on the map for exhibitions like these. :hanging:
Xander
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:23 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:I doubt any prints will be there, right?
Maybe, you never know.
WalterSobchak
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:22 pm

GoldenRose that is a sweet print. I remember when one of the same prints was listed and signed on ebay. Went for around $500 I think. Does anyone have any State Opera Geddes posters they would be willing to sell for a fair price? I have the Glory in Our Failure version I wouldn't mind trading with cash. I'm looking for pretty much any of the others. My poster is in great condition without wrinkles or tears.
shibby
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:25 pm

Xander wrote:
Maybe, you never know.
yea too early to say, who knows. I'd love to be there opening night. Planning to actually but will be flying in from Los Angeles
wneff
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:42 pm

Xander wrote:
Maybe, you never know.
I have no news on prints. Right now I am driven by the desire to see Jem's OGs in person.
treweman wrote:I'm hoping for an OG. My name is on the list, my doc says I can get by on a single kidney, and I'm rarin' to go.
Oh, you checked too? About the kidney donation, that is :lol: