Entropy 11 Jones

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:39 am

This topic is dedicated to: Entropy 11 Jones

automator
Nobody

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:43 am

New image Entropy 11 Jones
Previously used art was from TMR 100 The White Stripes - Live In Mississippi 12" - Exclusive 12" that was included in the 8th Vault package.

KNEEL13
EB Team

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:53 am

Wickedly beautiful print. I love how the smoke is made up of horse skeletons.

en·tro·py
1. Symbol S For a closed thermodynamic system, a quantitative measure of the amount of thermal energy not available to do work.
2. A measure of the disorder or randomness in a closed system.
3. A measure of the loss of information in a transmitted message.
4. The tendency for all matter and energy in the universe to evolve toward a state of inert uniformity.
5. Inevitable and steady deterioration of a system or society.

entropy
1. (Physics / General Physics) a thermodynamic quantity that changes in a reversible process by an amount equal to the heat absorbed or emitted divided by the thermodynamic temperature. It is measured in joules per kelvin. Symbol S See also law of thermodynamics [1]
2. (Physics / General Physics) a statistical measure of the disorder of a closed system expressed by S = klog P + c where P is the probability that a particular state of the system exists, k is the Boltzmann constant, and c is another constant
3. lack of pattern or organization; disorder
4. (Electronics & Computer Science / Communications & Information) a measure of the efficiency of a system, such as a code or language, in transmitting information

entropy
A measure of the amount of energy in a physical system not available to do work. As a physical system becomes more disordered, and its energy becomes more evenly distributed, that energy becomes less able to do work. For example, a car rolling along a road has kinetic energy that could do work (by carrying or colliding with something, for example); as friction slows it down and its energy is distributed to its surroundings as heat, it loses this ability. The amount of entropy is often thought of as the amount of disorder in a system. See also heat death.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/entropy

http://thirdmanrecordsblog.blogspot.com ... ve-in.html
trickster
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:17 pm

Lovely print.
I love that it is prnted on black paper and that it was initially used on the back cover of a White Stripes LP (btw I am the guy who runs thirdmanrecordsblog :D )

The skeleton horse was used in a White Stripes 7" too
ImageImage
ImageImage

I have one on the way and it's doodled/personalized by Rob.
So stoked!
thescofieldkid
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:00 pm

I heard the inspiration came from Austin's Alpo production plant. Yum!
Collect them all. Before you Die®