Jurassic Park 11 Richard Release Discussion 10/27/11

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
Awesome
Art Expert

Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:18 pm

I like the regular better than the variant on this one.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:24 pm

Between the regular and art print, there will b almost 500 copies to go round
Should make most folks :D
TheArsenal
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:01 pm

Awesome wrote:I like the regular better than the variant on this one.
Agreed. While I like the overall image of the AP, the text makes it a movie print for me and just takes it up one more notch. Hats off JC, this looks great!
That rug really tied the room together...
tehhippy
Art Expert

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:01 pm

How does Richards do APs?
charter
Art Expert

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:02 pm

Playing it safe with the reg. I would be completely sold on the art print if JC put the logo on the door like how it was in the movie. I like how the reg looks like a movie poster. I still don't understand the aversion to the title and credits. I would call people crazy for wanting an art print version of Stout Thing or Struzan Frankenstein.
quietstorm

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:12 pm

definitely going for the regular vs the print. the text fits the image perfectly and makes it a complete movie poster. there's nothing special about the variant. if the print edition had GID inks then it would be a different story. this image is probably the best JP poster to me, better than DMC and Horkey version.
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:14 pm

ironjaiden wrote:...you just don't understand what I write a lot of the time. For real.
H-m-m-m...that's possible. To suggest that an artist to "fix those bits", (that don't need "fixing"), sounds a bit arrogant to my ear. Okay, so...maybe it's not arrogance and maybe I do interpret things the way they're not intended. I gotta' say, though, you sure are good when it comes to smoothing things over with the bs.

My apologies for my earlier post, in that it seemed like a "post-and-run". I had to get back to the office.
ceevee
Art Expert

Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:55 pm

The title/credits make this one for me. It is obviously a Jurassic Park poster, after all. The Walden stands on its own without the direct text reference to the book. This print, on the other hand, can't really masquerade itself as not related to the movie. I really wish that I liked Jurassic Park a little more because JC knocked it out of the Park with this one.
jayfl77
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:21 pm

I want this print but I'll probably be on a plane to Austin when it drops. Anybody want to be my poster buddy for the regular version?
bisondice
Art Expert

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:34 pm

News Report:
Dan Mccarthy found and arrested at JC Richards house. Mr Mccarthy was arrested hovering over Mr. Richards bloodied and bludgened body with a tire iron in hand and repetively mumbling "now you take my dinosaurs mother drymounter"

:)
ErocAfellar wrote:Once you start buying art for the image and not the perceived value, it becomes more fun and less stressful.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:01 pm

So when you take a look at the art print the big entrance doors make complete sense. The bottom 3/4 of them are obscured by the billing block in the other version so it almost looks cut off. I really think the billing block works though as the poster looks like a theatrical one sheet in terms of composition and style.
I was curious what it'd look like If you moved the logo out of the way of the door and it throws the weight off.

JC always seems to balance his pieces really well. That's incredibly tough to do when you fill an entire page with imagery. That's why goofballs like me draw one little thing in the middle of a big blank space :)
Anyways it's a rad poster and I don't doubt this one will sell out in a blink. So far this is one hell of a series. :clap:
IWish wrote:
ironjaiden wrote:...you just don't understand what I write a lot of the time. For real.
you sure are good when it comes to smoothing things over with the bs.
That's strike two bag lady 8)
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:23 pm

bisondice wrote:News Report:
Dan Mccarthy found and arrested at JC Richards house. Mr Mccarthy was arrested hovering over Mr. Richards bloodied and bludgened body with a tire iron in hand and repetively mumbling "now you take my dinosaurs mother drymounter"

:)
Meanwhile an artist known as Mr T. Stout has filed a restraining order against an individual locally known as that 'weird Budich fella' always seen peering in thru the windows of the the artists studio and proclaiming to be his long lost brother. Apparently street artist Shepard Fairly had the same issue a few years back but luckily the individual moved on, allegedly after seeing the popularity of Mr Stouts artwork increase on the print market. More to follow...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
piratesprayer
Art Expert

Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:49 am

I need a poster buddy for this JC Richards / mondo Jurassic park print. I'm going to be on the road and can't be next a computer . Pm me if you can help me out.
talkingdeads wrote:My nipples just did a back flip!
microcosmicmedia
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:39 am

Last edited by microcosmicmedia on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:44 am

^ Look at the colors in that little piece of the print right there. And the detail...

Color me impressed.