Lonestar Posters DOT com?

General art-related discussion.
trarex
Art Expert

Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:32 pm

Deadareus wrote:All is good. Just heard from John this minute via email.

He was undergoing something personal and has help on the way tonight to get things going again. Said he would throw in something extra for my patience.

As I stated above, as long as there is some sort of contact I can wait for weeks for it to arrive. Thanks again for all your input everyone. Just a n00b trying to make it in a whole n00b world. :pint:
You are a noob, dont count your prints till there in hand . If you read above posts and a few of the threads .
" I'll mail it right out to you " and "got lost in the mail ' seems to be a re occuring theme.
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
Deadareus
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:37 am

trarex, i am cautiously awaiting the shipment of these prints. but most definitely going to give John the benefit of the doubt and take him at his word. he's contacted me and told me my prints are on the way which is what i was looking for.

i've also been pm'd by another member who had the same email sent to him yesterday from john. we are both going to see what comes of our situations and if he comes through i'll give praise where praise is due. if it doesn't work out, then we'll all know for sure what the score is. but like i said, i am remaining positive that this will all work out.

i'll keep you all posted.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:55 am

tracking number?
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
erba
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:04 am

Don't get to close to that 45 day window.
trarex
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:38 pm

Deadareus wrote:trarex, i am cautiously awaiting the shipment of these prints. but most definitely going to give John the benefit of the doubt and take him at his word. he's contacted me and told me my prints are on the way which is what i was looking for.

i've also been pm'd by another member who had the same email sent to him yesterday from john. we are both going to see what comes of our situations and if he comes through i'll give praise where praise is due. if it doesn't work out, then we'll all know for sure what the score is. but like i said, i am remaining positive that this will all work out.

i'll keep you all posted.
I hate to be a negative nelly.
I had my own 10 month ordeal and i bought directly from the artist.
Hope everything works out and listen to erba. :pint:
Deadareus
Art Expert

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:08 pm

no tracking number given.

i trust they are on their way but i have yet to send another email to see.

I have 20 days from september 13th before the paypal resolution center automatically closes my case.

still waiting. i live in canada so i expect they will take awhile to get here. my 'in the shop' -Ryan just arrived this afternoon.
Deadareus
Art Expert

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:55 am

Sadly, still no tube from John.

Had to escalate my paypal resolution to an actual claim. if the tube ever arrives i will send the money as a gift..provided paypal settles this in my favor.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:07 am

:hanging:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
considerately
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:51 pm

Sort of happy I ran into this thread. I've bought stuff from hakkalugi before on eBay; I guess I'm lucky I received all of the prints I paid for from the guy.
Deadareus
Art Expert

Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:33 pm

Deadareus wrote:Sadly, still no tube from John.

Had to escalate my paypal resolution to an actual claim. if the tube ever arrives i will send the money as a gift..provided paypal settles this in my favor.
:::UPDATE:::

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

My tube from John arrived today! everything packed and shipped very well.

sadly, my paypal claim had gone through 2 days ago and i have been refunded my 77$. i just sent John an email and sent him $90 USD as a gift to cover any extra charges from paypal. i hate that it got to that point and i tried to be patient, but time was running out. if i wanted to see my $$ i had to escalate the claim.

anyhow, he may not be the fastest or most communicative business man out there, but he came through for me and i am grateful.

it's also worth mentioning that the other eb member who was in a similar situation also received his tube as well.

So despite all of the negativity in this thread towards Lonestarposters.com....John came through. Would purchase again with prior communication and confirmation that the prints i was looking for were in stock.

Thanks for the input everybody. pleased this all worked out in the end.
roo
Art Expert

Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Deadareus wrote:
Deadareus wrote:Sadly, still no tube from John.

:::UPDATE:::

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

My tube from John arrived today! everything packed and shipped very well.

sadly, my paypal claim had gone through 2 days ago and i have been refunded my 77$. i just sent John an email and sent him $90 USD as a gift to cover any extra charges from paypal. i hate that it got to that point and i tried to be patient, but time was running out. if i wanted to see my $$ i had to escalate the claim.

anyhow, he may not be the fastest or most communicative business man out there, but he came through for me and i am grateful.

it's also worth mentioning that the other eb member who was in a similar situation also received his tube as well.

So despite all of the negativity in this thread towards Lonestarposters.com....John came through. Would purchase again with prior communication and confirmation that the prints i was looking for were in stock.

Thanks for the input everybody. pleased this all worked out in the end.
Glad you got it sorted in the end, but i have to say you would have to be a very patient, forgiving kind of person to go thru all what was written in this thread and at the end say you would buy again from this seller, I would of kept the paypal refund for the hassle he put me thru, time is money and all of that, but as long as your happy i guess..... :ziggi:
trarex
Art Expert

Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:44 pm

I agree with Roo, your way to nice.
Almost seems like your apologizing for doing exactly like you should have.
I'm glad everthing worked out for you.
I really do love a " happy ending ". :D
lcsproductions
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:26 am

Its the Canadian way.... then you line him up in the corner of the rink and your all even.
$250 for the pair shipped and insured. Both are mint. Shipping should be around 7 or 8 bucks.

FYI: this was the collection that didn't make my walls, still beats your shitty little collections...and if it doesn't, I still couldn't care less.
djdrever
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:23 am

Hate to ressurect an old thread, but has anyone had recent experience with Lone Star Posters? Wife's been waiting on a print for a couple of months now and not getting anywhere with communication. Just interested to know what others' recent experience has been.

Many thanks

dd
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:06 pm

Same with me, and I've actually met the guy. Give up and just don't buy from there. Makes me sad to say, but I have to.

Or go to flatstock Austin and ask around. He will be there somewhere, it is my plan.