Is There A Way To Add Completed Ebay Auctions To Sales Data?

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.

Postby virtualmert on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:23 pm

sometimes I see completed Ebay auctions that have not been recorded, is there a way to add them?
User avatar
virtualmert
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4065
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA.
Image Image

Postby nimsu8 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:24 pm

virtualmert wrote:sometimes I see completed Ebay auctions that have not been recorded, is there a way to add them?


Same way as if they were still ongoing.
nimsu8
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3203
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Bay Area
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"

Postby ceevee on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:25 pm

As long as the completed auction page is still on Ebay, it will register - and will show up as the date that the auction ended.
User avatar
ceevee
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6609
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Postby virtualmert on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:26 pm

hmm, tried that did not seem to work.
User avatar
virtualmert
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4065
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA.
Image Image

Postby nimsu8 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:27 pm

virtualmert wrote:hmm, tried that did not seem to work.


probably means the sale was recorded already. it's possible the sale was recorded under the wrong print.. or maybe the print has an AP or 2nd printing version
nimsu8
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3203
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Bay Area
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"

Postby virtualmert on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:28 pm

cool, I'll try again next time I see one. :pint:
User avatar
virtualmert
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4065
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA.
Image Image

Postby ceevee on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:28 pm

Did it let you get to the page where you enter details?

Perhaps this is a silly question, but are you sure that the item sold and didn't just end?
User avatar
ceevee
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6609
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Postby virtualmert on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:30 pm

ceevee wrote:Did it let you get to the page where you enter details?

Perhaps this is a silly question, but are you sure that the item sold and didn't just end?


yeah, it said sold, and no I did not get to the details page, it must have all ready been entered, but not counted.
User avatar
virtualmert
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4065
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA.
Image Image

Postby ceevee on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:32 pm

Well then, probably one of two things...
a) the item was already entered and the sale hasn't processed yet.
b) the ebay # was entered in elsewhere - perhaps a different edition of the same print?

...but nims8 already said all of this. oops.
Last edited by ceevee on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ceevee
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6609
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Postby nimsu8 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:33 pm

virtualmert wrote:
ceevee wrote:Did it let you get to the page where you enter details?

Perhaps this is a silly question, but are you sure that the item sold and didn't just end?


yeah, it said sold, and no I did not get to the details page, it must have all ready been entered, but not counted.


It's also possible it was entered when it was still for sale and is listed in the for sale side and hasn't switched over to sold.
nimsu8
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3203
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Bay Area
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"

Postby virtualmert on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:42 pm

thanks guys! :pint:
User avatar
virtualmert
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4065
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA.
Image Image

Postby gorkie on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:08 am

ceevee wrote:As long as the completed auction page is still on Ebay, it will register - and will show up as the date that the auction ended.


Hi-This doesn't happen just automatically though correct? Doesn't this only happen if the EB member has entered the number of the auction under the For Sale or Trade section for that print on EB?

Thank you.
User avatar
gorkie
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4698
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
Image

Postby nimsu8 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:10 am

gorkie wrote:
ceevee wrote:As long as the completed auction page is still on Ebay, it will register - and will show up as the date that the auction ended.


Hi-This doesn't happen just automatically though correct? Doesn't this only happen if the EB member has entered the number of the auction under the For Sale or Trade section for that print on EB?

Thank you.


Yep. Needs to be manually entered on the for sale trade
nimsu8
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3203
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Bay Area
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"

Postby gorkie on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:11 am

Thank you Sir.
User avatar
gorkie
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4698
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
Image


Return to Help and Suggestions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests