Frankenstein 11 Struzan / Taylor

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:31 am

This topic is dedicated to: Frankenstein 11 Struzan / Taylor

TheArsenal
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:31 am

SPLOOSH!
That rug really tied the room together...
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:36 am

Tong did something for this as well, right?
willg
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:08 am

Separations?
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:30 am

oh, then you know this is the bestest
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
desch
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:44 am

This is extremely awesome, but I just wish Drew was doing something for a more modern movie. Hopefully he won't go back to retirement right away? :D
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
schmoff
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:51 am

just too bad these probably will not be signed :(
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:58 am

Yes they will.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
schmoff
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:00 pm

Codeblue wrote:Yes they will.
so what do you know? or do you mean just a few sold by drew will be signed as per the usual mondo ways

spill the beans!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:01 pm

No one has ever done a screen print of his poster. So I brought Kevin Tong, and he’s a master at printing and talking about this stuff, so he talked to Drew about it and he brought the file on his computer and we showed him what we could do with overlays and make it different from a giclee. A giclee is going to look exactly like the painting but your not going to get any of the atmosphere of a screen print, texture, any of that stuff…. Screenprinting paintings is very difficult because the final product never looks like the actual painting. We’re trying to get it as close to the painting as we can but not cheaping out and doing a giclee. So D&L has been working on it, Kevin Tong has been working on it and I think the biggest screenprint we’ve ever had is Tyler (Stout)’s Akira which was 10 colors or something. This one is going to be at least double that. It may be close to 30 colors. It’s gonna be outrageous. The whole thing is going to be very cool. He’s going to sign them all, number them all. It’s going to be legit. It’s all through Universal, they’re totally down with it and excited.
http://www.slashfilm.com/mondo-posters- ... reenprint/
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
thebends9
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:02 pm

My pants just became uncomfortably tight.
schmoff
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Codeblue wrote:
No one has ever done a screen print of his poster. So I brought Kevin Tong, and he’s a master at printing and talking about this stuff, so he talked to Drew about it and he brought the file on his computer and we showed him what we could do with overlays and make it different from a giclee. A giclee is going to look exactly like the painting but your not going to get any of the atmosphere of a screen print, texture, any of that stuff…. Screenprinting paintings is very difficult because the final product never looks like the actual painting. We’re trying to get it as close to the painting as we can but not cheaping out and doing a giclee. So D&L has been working on it, Kevin Tong has been working on it and I think the biggest screenprint we’ve ever had is Tyler (Stout)’s Akira which was 10 colors or something. This one is going to be at least double that. It may be close to 30 colors. It’s gonna be outrageous. The whole thing is going to be very cool. He’s going to sign them all, number them all. It’s going to be legit. It’s all through Universal, they’re totally down with it and excited.
http://www.slashfilm.com/mondo-posters- ... reenprint/

AWESOME
thanks, i missed that, this is my fave in a very long time, drew has always been one of my top favorites
i need this
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:06 pm

thebends9 wrote:My pants just became uncomfortably tight.
Try these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
McGill

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:38 pm

I can't wait to see what this looks like once they screen it. I twill probably be one of the best prints of the year.
fredo
Art God

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:44 pm

The preview pics look pretty awesome.

Pardon my ignorance, but here are a couple of Q's:
Is this an old image or is Struzan painting something that Tong will separate? And what is Struzan's role in the screening process?
Thanks.
just a foil for me today, thanks