Big Trouble in Little China 07 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
RiotAct
EB Team

Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:48 pm

This, RoTJ and Kill Bill are his best three works, IMO.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:46 am

RiotAct wrote:This, RoTJ and Kill Bill are his best three works, IMO.
I don't know. I think Robocop is easily one of his top three.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
Tizuro

Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:18 pm

I think that, considering it's only a three colour screenprint, compared to his later stuff being usually six (and even seven with the Star Wars trilogy) Big Trouble still stands out as one of his best pieces. It's just a really great overall image.
Obviously Tyler has made changes to his line work slightly as a result of the increase in colours permitted, and now uses grey shading very effectively on his characters, whereas previously he seemed to add more lines as shading reference points.
Just my opinion (rose tinted or not).
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Tizuro wrote: Obviously Tyler has made changes to his line work slightly as a result of the increase in colours permitted, and now uses grey shading very effectively on his characters, whereas previously he seemed to add more lines as shading reference points.
Just my opinion (rose tinted or not).
This is very true, and considering all of that I still totally appreciate his earlier work.
WallyWest78
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:24 pm

ARGH!!!! Bid to my max for this one eBay tonight ($1K Canadian) and lost by like $200... It's beginning to dawn on my that to own this print, The Thing, Alamo and Robocop will require me selling my truck... And I'm amazingly willing to do that
GO HABS GO!!!
PaintByNumbers
Art Expert

Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:07 am

WallyWest78 wrote:ARGH!!!! Bid to my max for this one eBay tonight ($1K Canadian) and lost by like $200... It's beginning to dawn on my that to own this print, The Thing, Alamo and Robocop will require me selling my truck... And I'm amazingly willing to do that
sucks when it's down to you and one other buyer and the other buyer wins...just that one person out there, and if not for them, it's yours (same situation has happened to me obviously). Kudos to you for stopping though, easy for people on ebay to overspend and get caught up in the bidding.
If you would like to help those affected by the tragedy in Boston, please donate here : http://onefundboston.org/

'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. '
tj
Art Expert

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Fellow nerds,

Here is the mock-up of the GID for the variant made when the poster first came out (there has got to be a better way of saying that). I have no idea what ever happened to it in the first place, but it's back now. With a vengeance. On expressobeans, no less.

Hail David Lo Pan. Hail the serpent.

pewter14
EB Team

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:26 pm

endless posts of the drooling emoticon in 3 ... 2 ...

(as always, thanks for sharing tj)
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
CrustaR
Art Expert

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Pretty dang awesome.

I've got the regular, and I just love the gold metallics. If there was some kind of mix of the GID and the regular, it would be awesome.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
tj
Art Expert

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:59 pm

pewter14 wrote:endless posts of the drooling emoticon in 3 ... 2 ...

pewter, you're such a prince. just for that, i posted something to my twitter that you may (or may not) enjoy. i'd post it here, but unfortunately you can't direct link to images on there. LAME.
virtualmert
Art Expert

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:59 pm

one of these days.....it shall be mine....
:cautiously removes pants:
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:04 pm

tj wrote:

pewter, you're such a prince. just for that, i posted something to my twitter that you may (or may not) enjoy. i'd post it here, but unfortunately you can't direct link to images on there. LAME.
ORLY?

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
tj
Art Expert

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:22 pm

yeah, but doesn't that expire after a little bit? i mean, it says expires in the url, but who knows what that number is -- perhaps ticks past jan 1 1970 or something like that? i bet it is. according to this site:

http://www.epochconverter.com

it'll expire at Tue, 14 Jun 2011 23:45:44 GMT

SO THERE, CODEBLUE (as it doesn't expire tonight).
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:23 pm

braggart
CrustaR
Art Expert

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:27 pm

tj wrote:

I found it. Pretty cool, thanks for sharing.