Hendrix 67 11 Sharp

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:45 pm

by sschmotz on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:58 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:
Don't buy it... it's a reprint. It's not like you can ever think of it as an original, no matter how awesome it ends up looking in person.

so is the BG-105 SS4 but I would give up plenty of my prized posters for that.
Yeah, that silkscreen is awesome, and it's huge (size-wise). I snagged a set of progressive printer's proofs for that one, along with a completed PP.

That being said, the BG105 is a silk-screen with clear white added to enhance the eyeball, etc... This reprint is not a silk screen, or I'd be all over it.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:05 am

I consider myself a pretty decent Hendrix fan, but I don't know anything about the posters, with the exception of the "Medusa" (my favorite :heart:) and "Flying Eyeball". I love this image but would definitely not pay the asking price for this print. I can't even find a Martin Sharp official website through Google, so I'm curious how we know this is legitimate -> http://www.martin-sharp.com/ ? I only found this link in the release thread.
Rick_a_c wrote:

Rick_a_c wrote:
Don't buy it... it's a reprint. It's not like you can ever think of it as an original, no matter how awesome it ends up looking in person.

Yeah, that silkscreen is awesome, and it's huge (size-wise). I snagged a set of progressive printer's proofs for that one, along with a completed PP.

That being said, the BG105 is a silk-screen with clear white added to enhance the eyeball, etc... This reprint is not a silk screen, or I'd be all over it.
I had to look up what that even was, but now I'm off to learn more about the available versions and probably :cry: that I can't afford them.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:16 am

This printing is legit. The fact that old-school Martin Sharp doesn't have a website to sell his art isn't an indictment against him. As far as I know, he isn't interested in that sort of thing. I was trying to talk Mike down from the ledge 8)
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:22 pm

jamesgunter wrote:
Rick_a_c wrote:Isn't there a new, large sized, limited edition coming of this classic image, overseen by Martin Sharp himself?

its already out.... and its HUGE

Does anyone have any more information on this?
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
jamesgunter
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:54 pm

they came out in 08 or 09... they are almost 4 ft X 4 ft. they pop up on ebay every now and then, i think Sharpe has a guy down in Australia that puts them on ebay every so often. never seen one listed for less than $800 though
rka00
Art Expert

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:38 am

Rick_a_c wrote:

Rick_a_c wrote:

I've been looking for the bg105 silkscreen for a long time. I purchased one awhile back only to return it because of creases in the print that were not mentioned by the seller (talk about a let down).
mike123230
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:03 am

Did anyone end up pulling the trigger on this?
KSUvet
Art Expert

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:45 pm

mike123230 wrote:Did anyone end up pulling the trigger on this?
Too rich for me, but I was wondering the same thing the other day. However, I did get the Hendrix Stuttgart silkscreen last week, which is drymount'n amazing! :drool:
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:50 pm

That Kieser Stuttgart was Jimi's personal favorite, and the colors and textures are awesome.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:32 am

After further review, it doesn't look like they've sold many of these at all. The website lists 242 of 250 available and the ebay listing (more expensive) says 236 of 250 available. It's too bad because it's a cool image, but it's definitely not $462 cool to me, though. I wonder if the price will drop as they continue to sit on the stock. On a related note, what are your thoughts on posters with the signature on the back like this? If I'm paying extra for a signed piece, I damn sure want to see it when it's framed.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:36 am

KSUvet wrote:After further review, it doesn't look like they've sold many of these at all. The website lists 242 of 250 available and the ebay listing (more expensive) says 236 of 250 available. It's too bad because it's a cool image, but it's definitely not $462 cool to me, though. I wonder if the price will drop as they continue to sit on the stock.
I'm on the fence for purchasing the Dylan one. I'd say the price is somewhat reasonable considering the images he reprinted. That's just my opinion, Now off to work.
Same fudge, different drop.
mike123230
Art Expert

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:46 am

So yea, initially the print was listed as a lithograph s/n on the front...now it looks to be a giclee with a signature card affixed to the back. I was also a little taken aback by the signature card being affixed on the back. I'm with you KSU on the wanting to see it framed. Does anyone have anything signed and numbered on the back? I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that seemed a little weird.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:09 am

I keep checking this hoping for a sale, but no luck. The ebay auction says 231 are available out of an edition of 250 :roll:. At what point as an artst do you admit that you've over-valued something, take the hit in pride, and lower the price?*

*serious question
jamesgunter
Art Expert

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:27 am

HAHAHAHAH... Ive been waiting and checking daily
Gravy
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:23 am

KSUvet wrote:I keep checking this hoping for a sale, but no luck. The ebay auction says 231 are available out of an edition of 250 :roll:. At what point as an artst do you admit that you've over-valued something, take the hit in pride, and lower the price?*

*serious question
We can only hope.