Grannies 06 Banksy

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:52 am

This topic is dedicated to: Grannies 06 Banksy

Philippe
New User

Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:55 am

Bloody genius print! will be worth millions one day
jenga
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:59 am

Banksy is so overated.. its a pile of crap really.. if it were by any other artist you smile at it but not look twice. Some of his work is clever but you need your head looking at if you are gonna pay over $1000 for a 2 colour screen print that aint even signed. Oh, and the signed version is gonna set you back $5000+!!!
ricv64
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:25 am

shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:37 am

jenga101 wrote:Banksy is so overated.. its a pile of crap really.. if it were by any other artist you smile at it but not look twice. Some of his work is clever but you need your head looking at if you are gonna pay over $1000 for a 2 colour screen print that aint even signed. Oh, and the signed version is gonna set you back $5000+!!!
Sounds like another sub-par artist making simple fudge that sells for way too much... Reminds me of a certain Fairey...
I'll flip Banksy too, until these artists start putting their heart into their work like EMEK, I say FLIP AWAY!
coxgt
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:04 pm

pjtaper wrote: Sounds like another sub-par artist making simple fudge that sells for way too much... Reminds me of a certain Fairey...
I'll flip Banksy too, until these artists start putting their heart into their work like EMEK, I say FLIP AWAY!
Dood. Are you fking serious? I'm sure "you'll flip Banksy" Do you even own any of his prints?
NEVER DEAL WITH TOM MINARCHICK!(aka, fuedalist_tart on EBAY. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST.PM IF YOU NEED DETAILS.
Codeblue wrote:Taper has finally jumped the shark.
guyforget
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:07 pm

pjtaper would have to sell all of his EMEK's just to afford a Banksy to flip.
pjtaper wrote: I'm glad EMEK knows I'm not a flipper
coxgt
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:11 pm

pjtaper wrote: Sounds like another sub-par artist making simple fudge that sells for way too much... Reminds me of a certain Fairey...
I love how you can say how an artist does or doesn't "put their heart into their work" I would really like to see some of your art, you know the badass stuff that you are "putting your heart into" :lol: :roll:
NEVER DEAL WITH TOM MINARCHICK!(aka, fuedalist_tart on EBAY. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST.PM IF YOU NEED DETAILS.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:17 pm

coxgt wrote:
I love how you can say how an artist does or doesn't "put their heart into their work" I would really like to see some of your art, you know the badass stuff that you are "putting your heart into" :lol: :roll:
I can't even draw a simple shape... EMEK doesn't put out a print a week, or should I say RUSH out like Fairey does...
walterfredo
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:21 pm

Do you realize there is quite a bit of other art out there other than Emek? FYI….he's not the only artist in the world. Limiting your enjoyment and appreciation of art to only Emek is about as stupid as only listening to one band….say Pearl Jam for instance.
coxgt
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:24 pm

pjtaper wrote:
I can't even draw a simple shape... EMEK doesn't put out a print a week, or should I say RUSH out like Fairey does...

Banksy has released how many prints this year? 1? 2?

IMO, Fairey also employs more people than EMEK, so he may feel obligated to turn out more artwork so that his employees can feed themselves. Obey Giant is company, emek is an artist.
muffinslinger
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:27 pm

screw emek, i've realize where i've gone wrong now. i should be flipping banksy.
or maybe i should just flip burgers like pjtaper
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:30 pm

muffinslinger wrote:screw emek, i've realize where i've gone wrong now. i should be flipping banksy.
or maybe i should just flip burgers like pjtaper
yeah, let the people who actually WANT the EMEK posters buy them...
Never flipped a burger in my life, I'm vegan...
jenga
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:33 pm

The irony of some of his work is pretty funny.. some people would buy nearly anything because its by banksy. 'I can't believe you morons buy this fudge'

Probably one of his better ones.. but it will probably cost around $600 - 800 for a numbered only version of 600 (not even signed!!) from the POW site... thats if it ever gets released. Well worth buying to flip tho!!!
guyforget
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:38 pm

pjtaper wrote: I can't even draw a simple shape... EMEK doesn't put out a print a week, or should I say RUSH out like Fairey does...
Youre such a fuc'king moron.
pjtaper wrote: I'm glad EMEK knows I'm not a flipper