Green Eyed Goddess 11 Hunter

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:16 pm

Thanx slaw & sideways. Come to think of it, that may not be my pic. Gamma may have snapped that sucker. But I just went to my flat file and confirmed that it is my print (I wasn't dreaming) :D
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
ceevee
Art Expert

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:46 pm

That black looks great. That was a test print?
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:17 pm

Hey ceevee. It's a test from the perspective that gamma was trying different colored inks and stocks, but it's not a test in the traditional sense of it being one image layered on top of a different image. It's just the goddess on matte black vellum-type stock, with metallic purples and blues and such. It's not one of those "first 10 buyers get a test print" images. I think gamma may have printed a small handful of this variant.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
automator
Nobody

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:51 am

New image Green Eyed Goddess 11 Hunter

coleslaw
Art Expert

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:14 pm

Talked to Dave today, he calls the black version of the Goddess the "night vision variant" fwiw...also it was printed on Black Arches Archival Rag Paper too, can't remember the edition size maybe 3 or 4, will have to verify that last part.-cl :pint:

PS: it also has 3 deckeled edges and one cut edge as well.
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:37 am

Yes, I think he called it the Night Vision variant to me as well. My copy has 3 cut edges and 1 deckled edge (right side).
coleslaw
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:14 am

maybe that's what he meant to say or, might have heard him wrong Rick about the edges of the night vision variant....
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:39 am

I don't know if I've ever seen another print with deckling only on 1 side. Kind of strange. Two opposite edges deckled makes sense to me, as does all four sides. Oh well. It doesn't bother me, but I certainly wouldn't float the print to show off 1 deckled edge.
coleslaw
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:45 am

how many sides are deckeled really doesn't matter to me, we'll see what happens-it's all good IMO :D
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:12 am

I think I'll create a thread to find out the purpose of having deckled edges. I fully lack an understanding of what that's all about :)
gewky
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:01 pm

damn that "night vision" test print is pretty cool
unbroken1
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:20 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:I don't know if I've ever seen another print with deckling only on 1 side. Kind of strange. Two opposite edges deckled makes sense to me, as does all four sides. Oh well. It doesn't bother me, but I certainly wouldn't float the print to show off 1 deckled edge.
pre 2000 hiatus phish pollock prints only have one deckled side(the bottom edge) just an fyi. :D
btw this print looks very nice congrats to all who own one. i'll just have to be content with the claypool goddess. 8)
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:13 pm

Ah yes, the Claypool goddess. Now that I think of it, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the first sighting of this magnificent image before (unless I missed it).
coleslaw
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:18 pm

Dave has been working on this image for many moons, the image was only borrowed from this idea to make the Les Claypool gig poster, which has a killer foil while we're on the subject :clap: :pint: :notworthy:
wizdom
Art Expert

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:04 pm

Just got mine in the mail. As a bonus for the wait, I got this sweet Sacred Mandala AP and a sticker!