Walden 11 Richard

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
treweman
Art Expert

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:15 am

For me, knowing the back story behind a work of art really adds to my enjoyment and how much I value the print. I like Thoreau, but having JC share his thinking with EB readers has made the print ever so much more enjoyable. In fact, I usually try to avoid prints with writing on them, but knowing the time that JC took to think about what Thoreau's handwriting looked like, and try to imitate it, makes the writing itself a work of art and to be valued.

When the drop happens on microcosmicmedia, I'm going to try like Hell to be super computer man (nerves like steel, hands as fast as Flash, and thoughts as pure as Dudley Doright) ... and yes, I will score! Truth, justice, and the EB way!
Santelope
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:47 pm

Agreed, love the added feedback from JC. Really helps appreciate the work even more. Especially for people unfamiliar with the book.
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:35 am

Does anyone think this is going to win AOTW?
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
Santelope
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:49 am

cargoflipper wrote:Does anyone think this is going to win AOTW?
All I know is it got my vote. :clap:
woodyland
Art Expert

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:57 am

cargoflipper wrote:Does anyone think this is going to win AOTW?
Thanks for reminding me....geezus criminy.
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
treweman
Art Expert

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:59 pm

pretty stoked ... i just won the yellow sky variant on ebay ... am praying that the shipping goes well ... i didn't see any prints in the feedback history for this seller

almost makes up for missing the heat death this morning (almost)
Santelope
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:05 pm

AOTW.....very nice, 2 print releases in a row. Congrats JC! :clap: :clap:
charter
Art Expert

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:20 pm

JC is going to be up against himself for AOTY!!! Keep it up JC!
nadaclue

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:23 pm

I think I got the ebay steal of the week, picked this up for a $149.99 BIN when I got shut out of the online sale. I think my hallway is about to turn into a J.C. Richard shrine (in a non-scary, non-stalker sort of way).

Hahaha..holy fudge, just realized I popped my EB cherry after lurking for 4 years. That's how awesome I think this print is!
Last edited by nadaclue on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cinematical
Art Expert

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Santelope wrote:AOTW.....very nice, 2 print releases in a row. Congrats JC! :clap: :clap:
hirschy75
Art Expert

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:28 pm

:clap:

Now to get lucky and score the art print
reminder: ink on paper
charter
Art Expert

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:29 pm

nadaclue wrote:I think I got the ebay steal of the week, picked this up for a $149.99 BIN when I got shut out of the online sale. I think my hallway is about to turn into a J.C. Richard shrine (in a non-scary, non-stalker sort of way).

Hahaha..holy fudge, just realized I popped my EB cherry after lurking for 4 years. That's how awesome I think this print is!
I always try to get it from the artist first before I buy on ebay but you got a deal seeing as one just went for 230.
RiotAct
EB Team

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:32 pm

charter wrote:
nadaclue wrote:I think I got the ebay steal of the week, picked this up for a $149.99 BIN when I got shut out of the online sale. I think my hallway is about to turn into a J.C. Richard shrine (in a non-scary, non-stalker sort of way).

I always try to get it from the artist first before I buy on ebay but you got a deal seeing as one just went for 230.
to be fair, the $230 sale was for the 'Yellow Sky' variant, not the regular.

I think these will settle down at around $120 or so after all the art prints are released
charter
Art Expert

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Oh yeah...sorry. One went for 190. I would be so proud if my art was going for 10 more than I sold it for!
nadaclue

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:45 pm

charter wrote:

From Jeff:

"It's correct that I'm not sure how many I'll have to sell from the show edition as I won't have my copies for a bit, guessing ~20."
"We did end up doing an art print (sans text) edition of 58, of which half are reserved for family/friends (who in the past I could never save anything for!). The other half will go up with the remaining show prints."

That leaves less than 50 prints to fight over, and since I work 7-5 in a research lab with minimal computer time, I had to spring and buy from a flipper. I'd much rather Jeff got all of my money direct, without a gallery or flipper involved but the reality is I miss most drops unless they occur after work or I have an exact time of the drop to schedule my day around. So the reality was, if I wanted this to go with all the other prints I have from Jeff, I had to pay a premium. And looking at the pictures and the fact that 2 have sold for $200 and 1 for $190, I still think the $150 was worth it.