Walden 11 Richard

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
hirschy75
Art Expert

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:19 am

Ya he told me he's not even sure when he'll get his copies so he has no clue as to what's actually left that he can sell
reminder: ink on paper
smokeycat
Art Expert

Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:41 pm

hirschy75 wrote:Ya he told me he's not even sure when he'll get his copies so he has no clue as to what's actually left that he can sell
please keep us in the loop. thanks for the info, now i don't have to f5 his page all day. :D
ImageImageImage
cinematical
Art Expert

Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:58 pm

smokeycat wrote:
hirschy75 wrote:Ya he told me he's not even sure when he'll get his copies so he has no clue as to what's actually left that he can sell
please keep us in the loop. thanks for the info, now i don't have to f5 his page all day. :D
Jeff will make it well known when his print will go up.
hirschy75
Art Expert

Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:09 pm

cinematical wrote:
smokeycat wrote:
Ya it's not like I have secret info or anything :lol:

Just inquired about a creme variant but he's not sure of what's exactly left
reminder: ink on paper
Santelope
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:47 pm

hirschy75 wrote:
cinematical wrote:
smokeycat wrote:
Ya it's not like I have secret info or anything :lol:

Just inquired about a creme variant but he's not sure of what's exactly left
Aww, I thought all my F5 problems were solved... :wink:
woodyland
Art Expert

Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:51 pm

There were four Creams & I'm pretty sure I know where they went. I know of a Yellow Sky run of 10. The difference in that one is it's on white paper like the First but the sky & the water have both white & cream coloring. The First is only white while the Cream is only Cream. Does this make sense?
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
Santelope
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:04 pm

woodyland wrote:There were four Creams & I'm pretty sure I know where they went. I know of a Yellow Sky run of 10. The difference in that one is it's on white paper like the First but the sky & the water have both white & cream coloring. The First is only white while the Cream is only Cream. Does this make sense?
From what Gallery1988 told me, they seemed to have all the variants. Possibly leaving JC none.
I ordered a yellow "Fall" variant. But let's see what they ship me. Looks like they couldn't even tell the difference in the editions.
woodyland
Art Expert

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:31 pm

I know G88 said there were several variants so we'd have to have other beaners [or JC Richard] that were there Friday pipe up as to what they received. I know of three different varieties.
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
dylansdad
Art Expert

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:01 pm

I think I was ninth in line and had them ring me up for a yellow sky variant as the cream had sold out. While getting my order together, they came out and apologized and told me that the yellow sky variant had actually out. So if it had an edition of 10, I'm confused. The only two variants left at that point were the clear sky and the autumn leaf, they showed me both and I agreed with Jensen that they were almost identical to the regular, so I passed.
Santelope
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:19 pm

Well I am still confused of which version I will get. Looks like I'll just have to wait till it ships. :?
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:27 pm

Santelope wrote:Well I am still confused of which version I will get. Looks like I'll just have to wait till it ships. :?
i passed on them...the woman said she couldn't tell the difference between them. So i ended up just getting the reg ed. Plus it was much cheaper. :D
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Santelope
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:18 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
Santelope wrote:Well I am still confused of which version I will get. Looks like I'll just have to wait till it ships. :?
i passed on them...the woman said she couldn't tell the difference between them. So i ended up just getting the reg ed. Plus it was much cheaper. :D
Would have done the same except the Regs were gone by the time I checked out. Would have paid the same price for a reg on the secondary market if not more. Instead I have an edition of 4 or 10....depending which one they ship me.
microcosmicmedia
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:39 pm

Hi all, wanted to stop in and say how grateful I am for all the kind words. The response far exceeded my expectations, I'm just honored to have a piece included amongst all that great work. I'm still deciding on my favorite, it's nearly impossible (santora is currently winning). Also gotta praise the skills of steve/d&l, just a masterful printing job per usual, and also big thanks to Mitch and Rob for all their the hard work putting the show together and letting me a part of it.

On to the walden minutia!:
the final specs on this one: 9-colors, with hand-finishing on the sky detail (so I guess really 10!) . The hand-done elements follow the same basic layout--some have darker 'ominous' clouds; some are a bit more 'volumetric', lighter. (And no, no half-toning in there.. don't use 'em). The variant details are: regular ed of 65; yellow/brown leaves only (titled 'late fall') - ed. of 10; yellow sky - ed. of 10; blank sky - ed. of 4; cream stock - ed. of 4.
It's correct that I'm not sure how many I'll have to sell from the show edition as I won't have my copies for a bit, guessing ~20.

We did end up doing an art print (sans text) edition of 58, of which half are reserved for family/friends (who in the past I could never save anything for!). The other half will go up with the remaining show prints. Judging by the emails so far I'm gonna have to think about ways to sell 'em so as not to cause a crush/oversell/clusterf---

fyi, here's an quick comparison image of the late fall vs. regular edition.. to my eye the difference is pretty drastic in all the variants, but I understand in the gallery craziness (and without close direct comparison) it could be tougher to discern the differences. "Late fall" references that turning point of the season when the color gets sucked out of the landscape, reds go brown and tree crowns thin.. a bit more somber imo, in new england it means the plunge into winter has begun in earnest

Sorry I gotta post and run this afternoon, I'll try to come back tonite to post a few more geeky tidbits about the print, there seems to be quite a few thoreau nuts like me out there.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:48 pm

That side by side comparison confirms the reg is my ISO! Beautiful work in every respect.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
Santelope
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:59 pm

Thanks for the Info Jeff. Can't wait to see this. I am happy to have gotten any version of this print. But now seeing the differences I am still happy with the version I choose, Late Fall.