Suggestion - 30 Day Wait period before posting

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:26 pm

ksn wrote:
Yamar wrote:
You don't want to see the estimates on costs for those. Let's just say that even with "pay to play" it would take a LOT of new members... like 5 figures more.
I bet it wouldn't be too hard to find people willing to donate their time to work on some of these features. I'm sure there's gotta be some programmers around here.
You might think so but not really...
Tra la la la la...
Wawaad
Art Expert

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:31 pm

1nkling wrote:If you mean a forum app then something like tapatalk would be fairly simple to install.

An app for some of the other site features is doable but would take a bit of thought but isn't impossible.
I was thinking an app to search the art DB, add to collection/trade/sell/wanted etc., be able to read and post on the forum and of course pm, get notified instantly when I receive a pm or when a thread I subscribed to is updated with a post.
and that's my wish list for now
Have No Fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Nation is Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Funny... my wish list consists almost entirely of a forum that doesn't need mods (or at least not to babysit). Or at least a good way to ban someone and have them stay gone. Guess that would be called respecting the rest of the community and either staying away when you're not wanted or opting to conduct yourself in such a way that you're not forcing others to decide if you should be kicked off the island or not. I'd much rather have that than a phone or tablet app...
Tra la la la la...
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:53 pm

ever think about taking on a couple of new mods to help out?
Wawaad
Art Expert

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:00 pm

Yamar wrote:Funny... my wish list consists almost entirely of a forum that doesn't need mods (or at least not to babysit). Or at least a good way to ban someone and have them stay gone. Guess that would be called respecting the rest of the community and either staying away when you're not wanted or opting to conduct yourself in such a way that you're not forcing others to decide if you should be kicked off the island or not. I'd much rather have that than a phone or tablet app...
Yes please
Perfecting banning > iPhone app

So what if you had the membership require an active credit/debit card number?
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:15 pm

And what would I/we do with that?
No... a CC# is not something that I'd want us in possession of for any reason.

Taking on new mods... that offers other problems. How do they work with the current staff? Who are they? (and no, popular vote doesn't work for things like that) Besides, what does bringing on more mods do? It doesn't prevent/solve the problem - just makes it so that there are more people who can take action after the infraction or issues have occurred.
Tra la la la la...
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Yamar wrote:respecting the rest of the community and either staying away when you're not wanted or opting to conduct yourself in such a way that you're not forcing others to decide if you should be kicked off the island or not.
:clap:
this aggression will not stand, man.
Wawaad
Art Expert

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:26 pm

Yamar wrote:And what would I/we do with that?

Taking on new mods... that offers other problems. How do they work with the current staff? Who are they? (and no, popular vote doesn't work for things like that) Besides, what does bringing on more mods do? It doesn't prevent/solve the problem - just makes it so that there are more people who can take action after the infraction or issues have occurred.
Ok what about a verified paypal account?
Charge .01 for each membership
There are so many varified PayPal accounts one can make
ksn
Art Expert

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:39 pm

Wawaad wrote:
Yamar wrote:And what would I/we do with that?

Ok what about a verified paypal account?
Charge .01 for each membership
There are so many varified PayPal accounts one can make
That seems like a lot of man hours to be wasting, checking to make sure each new member is paypal verified.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:40 pm

Hi Yamar,

Is the AOTW fixed? :pint:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
erba
Art Expert

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:53 pm

I know this wouldn't be popular, but I would get rid of the for sale section all together.
Wawaad
Art Expert

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:16 pm

erba wrote:I know this wouldn't be popular, but I would get rid of the for sale section all together.
or have it be comment free, no one can comment
like the bay look and communicate via Pms
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:19 pm

So are new members orange now? For the first 30 days? Clarification?
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
appletree
Art Expert

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:33 pm

supposedly this....
Kramerica wrote:
Bickel wrote:New members are marked as orange for a couple of posts now. Happened to a couple of people recently.
They just have to have a post reviewed by a mod to make sure they aren't a bot, nice little feature that has cleaned up the site a bit.
<3 + Image = T.H.C.

:::Johnathon Powers Photography:::
Sail wrote:it was all just a misunderstandingtree.
wizzack
Art Expert

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:36 pm

erba wrote:I know this wouldn't be popular, but I would get rid of the for sale section all together.
+1

Just use the very cool and useful match making feature.