EB reaaaaally slow lately

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:14 pm

dougr wrote:
Codeblue wrote:It's not working dude. Maybe the "upgrade" broke it or changed the way it works. For example, this thread should be showing up under View Active Topics, but it's not.
apparently there was a bug in a past version of the forum software that meant all the forums were used for active topics even if the option was set to "no." in the recent update this has been fixed, but the setting for each forum/subforum had to be re-set, which has now been done...should be ok now, thanks for reporting this.
Not sure this is 100% fixed. The 'Art Care' subforum doesn't seem to be included.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
dougr
Site Admin

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:37 pm

Codeblue wrote:
dougr wrote:
Codeblue wrote:It's not working dude. Maybe the "upgrade" broke it or changed the way it works. For example, this thread should be showing up under View Active Topics, but it's not.
apparently there was a bug in a past version of the forum software that meant all the forums were used for active topics even if the option was set to "no." in the recent update this has been fixed, but the setting for each forum/subforum had to be re-set, which has now been done...should be ok now, thanks for reporting this.
Not sure this is 100% fixed. The 'Art Care' subforum doesn't seem to be included.
whoopsie, missed that one :oops: all set, thanks again
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
mrdj2u
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Echo the slow time on this Forum. I know it's open source, but this thing needs to be tweaked.

I'm working on a Mac Pro with a ridiculous amount of Memory and Processing speed...Combined with T-1 into my building, it's taking 15-20 seconds to transition from page to page. Very frustrating.

"Bump" the Capital Campaign idea. I'm happy to up my contribution, but I gotta know something is in the works.
pearlybaker
Flipper

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:02 pm

mrdj2u wrote:Echo the slow time on this Forum. I know it's open source, but this thing needs to be tweaked.

I'm working on a Mac Pro with a ridiculous amount of Memory and Processing speed...Combined with T-1 into my building, it's taking 15-20 seconds to transition from page to page. Very frustrating.

"Bump" the Capital Campaign idea. I'm happy to up my contribution, but I gotta know something is in the works.
You must be in agony based on the two posts to the community. That's a whole extra 40 seconds :clap:

Seriously though, the speed sucks. I use three different computers, a couple different networks, multiple browsers and an iPad and the result is the same - slow as fudge. Reminds me of interwebs back in late 90's. Something is up especially with the forums.
All right Hamilton!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:24 pm

At least he or she has donated $ to the site. That's more than I can say about most members.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
pearlybaker
Flipper

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:31 pm

Codeblue wrote:At least he or she has donated $ to the site. That's more than I can say about most members.
Agreed - it's always interesting to see who contributes. But, Ebeans doesn't always push the need for contributions either.
All right Hamilton!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:33 pm

Which makes it even more commendable. Imagine how much slower things would be if every member was active on the forums.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:36 pm

pearlybaker wrote: But, Ebeans doesn't always push the need for contributions either.
not like that Wikipedia drymount
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
maden
Art Expert

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:45 pm

mrdj2u wrote:I'm working on a Mac Pro with a ridiculous amount of Memory and Processing speed...Combined with T-1 into my building, it's taking 15-20 seconds to transition from page to page. Very frustrating.
I am on a netbook (Gateway bitches!) on free wifi. Couldn't be smoother on this end.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

IWish
Art Expert

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:19 pm

Not a slow board issue.

I'm regularly getting the white screen w/text when I refresh a thread page. Anyone else have this prob? I'm one of those kind of people that likes to d!ck around with my settings, which I can reverse/correct. Just don't want to go through the hassle of process of elimination to determine the cause if I don't have to.

Anyone?
trarex
Art Expert

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:29 pm

No problem here.
Minty fresh, refreshes.
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:40 pm

trarex wrote:No problem here.
Minty fresh, refreshes.

Okay, thanks.

Damn it.
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:08 pm

Easy fix! Glad I create restore points before downloading add-ons. Had something to do with enhanced prefetching in a FF add-on I recently started to use. Downloaded the lite-version...so far...so good. With the *fix* I figured-out how to enable a nifty (permanent) page load timer in my status bar now -- that's something only a true geek would love. :D

willg
Art Expert

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Forums are fine for me but the database has been slow for months.
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:10 pm

I can now access the forums .. but I cant get to the database or even view pics in the threads that are linked to the DB .. I get red X's and page not found errors !! :(
Buy and sell pop-culture items!
https://GetKulture.com/