Members - Please Read - Adding Art vs Adding Images

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
theperfecttree
EB Team

Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:31 pm

CButt2 wrote:Messed up added a picture of Pearl Jam 2013 Portland Emek to the images for Pearl Jam 2003 Sydney, AU Ames. How do i go about fixing this?
post the request here: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... start=3855
bjornca
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:56 pm

Not sure if the right thread, but added art three or so days back (a few prints by Evoca1), but hasn't shown up in the database (seem to have received EB points for it though). From my experience, hasn't typically taken this long to be approved, but understand resources may be utilized on other matters. What's the longest it's taken for additions to show up for people?
RyDogg
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:01 pm

Same here...I have submitted a Jack Johnson poster 2x and I have not gotten the email stating that the poster was added to the database. This is usually done in a day or so but it has been 2 weeks.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:07 pm

bjornca wrote:Not sure if the right thread, but added art three or so days back (a few prints by Evoca1), but hasn't shown up in the database (seem to have received EB points for it though). From my experience, hasn't typically taken this long to be approved, but understand resources may be utilized on other matters. What's the longest it's taken for additions to show up for people?
same scenario here except it was more than three days ago
bjornca
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:36 pm

biscocrack420 wrote:
bjornca wrote:Not sure if the right thread, but added art three or so days back (a few prints by Evoca1), but hasn't shown up in the database (seem to have received EB points for it though). From my experience, hasn't typically taken this long to be approved, but understand resources may be utilized on other matters. What's the longest it's taken for additions to show up for people?
same scenario here except it was more than three days ago
Alright, so I'm glad I'm not the only one. Seems like mods may just be busy / tied up on other things, and haven't gotten to them yet (or hopefully that's the case).
whalaw
Site Admin

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:43 pm

The Team is running a little behind on Art entries. I can assure you, we'll eventually get to your entry(ies). Thank you for your patience.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:45 pm

whalaw wrote:The Team is running a little behind on Art entries. I can assure you, we'll eventually get to your entry(ies). Thank you for your patience.

I'm here all day, everyday. I can help. At least when I am sitting in front of a PC, which is all day. :pint:
RyDogg
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:44 am

Just following up since it has been another week and 3 weeks since it was first submitted.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:36 am

I've noticed in the Art Comment threads that are attached to DB entries, a number of them have posts in there by "automator" in addition to the original post, that contains extra images. I assumed that this happened when people do the "Add Image" feature on that particular print from the print page. With that said, I added some images to a print the other day and I can see the extra images from the print's detail page (like if I click on the main image and cycle through via "Next") , but no "automator" posts were made for them in the comment topic. Am I doing something wrong? The only thing I can think of is that maybe they haven't been approved yet, and once they are, the automator will post them...?
So it goes...
Bread8
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:14 pm

mfaith wrote: they haven't been approved yet, and once they are, the automator will post them...?
This is how it works.
Great words won't cover ugly actions; good frames won't save bad paintings...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:45 pm

That makes sense then. Thanks for the clarification.
So it goes...
dougr
Site Admin

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:15 pm

one further clarification: the automator only posts to existing Art Comments threads. if an Art Comments thread for a given piece hasn't already been started, the automator won't post there when new images are approved for that piece.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
dirkstainly
EB Team

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:16 am

As has been written on more than one occasion, the quality of the submissions most often determine the length of time they take to approve.

I just spent four hours I don't have approving art because so many of the submissions were poorly created.

Following the Add Art instructions will assist greatly in getting art approved quickly.
http://www.expressobeans.com/wiki/index ... _Art_Guide

Tips:
The title is the easiest thing to do and it's the thing that gets left out, or is completely unintelligible most often.

Artists are listed as "Last name, First name". If the artist's name doesn't appear in the initial drop down, click the "More" button next to the list to get all the artists on EB. Still not there? Put the artist's name in as "last, first", not "first last"

Is your image a stock image, or is it a picture you took of the print? If the latter, CROP the image to the borders of the print. Otherwise we have to download the image, crop it ourselves, and then use it when doing the approval. That can add up to five minutes per listing. Ain't nobody got time for that.

In short, if you all want approvals to be done more expeditiously, help us make that happen by submitting clean(er) requests to the queue.
golobulus
Art Expert

Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:57 pm

Dear moderators,

When using the "add art" feature often times other users have beat me to it but I can't find the same listing in the database because it's still working through the approval flow. Was wondering whether there is a way to search for art submitted for review that has not yet been approved?

If so, users could check the list to see whether the art has already been submitted and if not, proceed. If pending "add art" submissions got appended to a "pending art approval" thread we could search it before submitting redundant requests. Maybe there is another/better way to do this?
phokus

Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:20 am

I was just thinking the same thing. I have a feeling some art that I want to add has already been submitted. It would be really nice to have some way of searching those pending requests.

In the meantime, I will just wait a week or two and see if they show up.