Members - Please Read - Adding Art vs Adding Images

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
leary411
Art Expert

Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:15 pm

Hello,

I recently added a saber mini Lino special edition to the database along with a photo. Looks like I got eb points added as I went from 7 to 12 but I can't find the print in the database. Anyone know how long it takes to add the art to the database? I added a L.E.T. Print a few months back and I feel like it was added the same time I submitted it, but the saber print has not been added.

Thanks for your thoughts
T.K.C.
jocopuff
Art Enthusiast

Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:57 pm

Hello, I added 2 Tom French prints approximately 2 weeks ago. They do not show in the database yet. Should I resubmit them?
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:16 pm

jocopuff wrote:Hello, I added 2 Tom French prints approximately 2 weeks ago. They do not show in the database yet. Should I resubmit them?
The mods may be busy, but they'll get to it eventually. You can harass them around 3 months from now ;)
jocopuff
Art Enthusiast

Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:54 pm

thanks!
daria

Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:15 am

Hi! I'm new here, was wondering where to start. I'm still reading all the guidelines and info - very cool site/forum! Thanks!
Was wondering if I can add my own drawings to the database. I'm selling a few of them this month. Maybe someone would be interested. Thanks!
Bread8
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:43 pm

daria wrote:Hi! I'm new here, was wondering where to start. I'm still reading all the guidelines and info - very cool site/forum! Thanks!
Was wondering if I can add my own drawings to the database. I'm selling a few of them this month. Maybe someone would be interested. Thanks!
More than welcome to add your own drawings, but please follow the submission guidelines posted here
http://www.expressobeans.com/wiki/index ... s_database

naming conventions here
http://www.expressobeans.com/wiki/index ... rt_Entries

and the image guidelines here
http://www.expressobeans.com/wiki/index ... Guidelines

It'll make things go smoother for everyone and likely get your artwork approved faster. Any questions, just ask. And welcome.
Great words won't cover ugly actions; good frames won't save bad paintings...
daria

Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 am

thanks a million for your help! just got the email that my image has been approved yupppiiee!! :)
Badbutch
Art Expert

Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:25 pm

I've added a better quality image to the We Buy Your Kids' The Shining print (http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/142824) because the original was a snapshot of it taken at MMM. Is there any way to get the images swapped so the newer one is the main image?
"'Cause I'm a karate man! And a karate man bruises on the inside!" ~ Billy Ray Valentine
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:27 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
clem99
EB Team

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:31 am

ART SUBMITTERS: STOP ADDING THE SAME IMAGE OF ART MORE THAN ONCE, IF THERE ARE 5 DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THE ART, JUST ADD ONE VERSION EG THE REGULAR EDITION AND BEFORE YOU DO SO LOOK AT PREVIOUS SUBMITTED ART TO GET HINTS ON WHAT TO TYPE IN THE TITLE AND ALL THE OTHER BOXES, BASICALLY SLOW DOWN AND GET IT RIGHT THE VERY FIRST TIME, ALSO MAKE SURE THE IMAGE SUPPLIED IS CROPPED, SO IF YOU UPLOAD FROM THE ARTIST FOR INSTANCE AND THE PICTURE IS SHOWING A MODEL PARADING BEHIND HOLDING THE PRINT EXPOSING ONES ARMS, YOU HAVE TO PERSONALLY CROP THE PRINT YOURSELF BEFORE SUBMITTING OTHERWISE ALL YOUR GOOD WORK IS UNDONE BECAUSE I HIT THE DELETE BUTTON, IF YOU NEED HELP PM ME FIRST
art is the only justification for pain :)
thebends9
Art Expert

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:34 am

You ok?
Bread8
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:47 pm

thebends9 wrote:You ok?
It's frustrating. Incorrect entries are why things take forever to get approved. If we simply deleted everything that wasn't in-line with EB standards instead of correcting it the waiting time would be minutes instead of weeks, but the amount of stuff approved would be next to nothing.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:54 am

If this site wasnt based on 1990s technology it would do some of the work for ya'll, eg. resizing images. #justsayin
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Bread8
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:46 pm

Codeblue wrote:If this site wasnt based on 1990s technology it would do some of the work for ya'll, eg. resizing images. #justsayin
to an extent, it does resize images. it doesn't, however, crop out the dude feet, crappy dvd's, or dirty laundry basket in the background. #justsayin