Cleaning up the Sale Trade page

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
Sunshine_Bob
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:41 pm

Many of the popular artists have tons of pages on the sale/trade site. You weed trough 10 pages and finally find a poster you're looking for only to see that the ad has been there since early 2003. Very frustrating indeed.

How can we get the members to police their posts and remove items no longer available?
Hugs & Nugs,
Sunshine Bob
Bread8
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:51 pm

I'm just thinking about this and agree with your points. I have two possible ideas.

The proactive approach... the one I prefer -
Create an "auto-refresh all dates" button on the for sale/trade and ISO pages that the person looking to buy or sell can press whenever they want. You can currently update the dates yourself by editing your search preferences (you don't even need to change anything, just open and save), but it can only be done one poster at a time. Even using the bulk editor takes a while.

The reactive approach -
put some sort of time limit (say... one year?) on how long a print can be in somebody's ISO or for sale page without updating. At the 11 month period, an auto email is sent to the user's account reminding them it's approaching a year, and at the 12 month period the print remains in the user's collection, but is deleted from their ISO or FS pages. I don't like this idea a whole lot, but i know a few people that have unloaded single copies of very popular prints and they never bothered to update their trade page

anyone else?
marshhouse
Art Expert

Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:06 pm

Bread8 wrote:The proactive approach... the one I prefer -
Create an "auto-refresh all dates" button on the for sale/trade and ISO pages that the person looking to buy or sell can press whenever they want. You can currently update the dates yourself by editing your search preferences (you don't even need to change anything, just open and save), but it can only be done one poster at a time. Even using the bulk editor takes a while.
This gets my vote.
Bacon is love.
Flimby

Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:07 pm

marshhouse wrote:
Bread8 wrote:The proactive approach... the one I prefer -
This gets my vote.
I like this idea a lot.