attaching pics tp posts

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
Chris
Art Expert

Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:41 am

Hey now,

I have tried a couple of times but I'm not getting it.

Do I click on the "image" button above and then simply paste the url from EB w/ pic and then hit "alt p" to paste it???

I just get a box w/ an "red x" indicating no pic?

Thanks for any help offered :wink:

PEACE

Chris
marshhouse
Art Expert

Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:12 pm

Do you want to know how to paste an image in the EB message board or are you trying to capture an EB image for use elsewhere? Cause if it's the second instance I don't think a link to the larger image is allowed by the system. You have to cature one of the thumbnails.

I could be wrong.....
Bacon is love.
morst
EB Team

Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:13 pm

you have to either use the ADD ATTACHMENT to add a pic from your local hard drive, or use the IMAGE button to add a weblink as a photo.

for instance, the EB logo from page one is located here-
http://www.expressobeans.com/images/logobs.jpg

so to make an image I just click the IMG button, then paste the web address, then click IMG again. I get something that looks like this (I have added space characters to make the code fail so you can see it.)
[ i m g ]http://www.expressobeans.com/images/logobs.jpg[ / i m g ]

the result looks like this:

(if you quote my post, you can see the actual code that makes the photo appear)

anything added as an attachment shows up at the bottom of the post. like this partial screenshot of the smilies.

PS- if you are trying to use an EB image, go to the page and click DISPLAY REMOTELY or DISCUSS and you will get three options- copy the complete text of any one of the three and paste it in, and that will work too.
Chris
Art Expert

Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:41 pm

You guys are on it :D

Thanks for the info, now I've got it.
Very Cool.

Chris
Chris
Art Expert

Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:46 pm

How do you attach a pic that is on all your posts?

I've noticed this from some members. On the same note how do you attach a pic to the "about" info under your profile?

Thanks. If there is a specific place on this site that explains this, please guide me to it :)

Chris

Thanks again for the assistance :wink:
dougr
Site Admin

Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:50 pm

Chris wrote:How do you attach a pic that is on all your posts?

I've noticed this from some members. On the same note how do you attach a pic to the "about" info under your profile?

Thanks. If there is a specific place on this site that explains this, please guide me to it :)

Chris

Thanks again for the assistance :wink:
use the "Profile" link at the left in the "Forum Tools" module to do both.

the small picture on the left just under the name is called an "avatar." use the "avatar control panel" at the bottom of the Profile page to upload and link the picture you'd like to use. please keep in mind you may have to resize your picture as its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 16 KB.

the pictures and text at the bottom of posts are called "signatures." enter the picture you'd like using the IMG codes morst explained above.

the EB User Guide doesn't have a section on this yet, but feel free to add one! http://www.expressobeans.com/wiki/index ... User_Guide