Sorting Artists Work by Year.

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
sir_smokealot
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:02 am

Would it be possible to have the same filters that we have on our personal collections, for artsists? Instead of browsing through 21 pages of emek, it would be a bit easier if we could just add a filter that shows only 1998 or 2002 or filter by band etc...

I understand you can use something like this in the Advanced search, but it would be nice to have it as well on the artists listing page..
marshhouse
Art Expert

Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:42 am

There is already a search option which allows you to choose the year and the artist.

http://www.expressobeans.com/search.php?build=1

http://www.expressobeans.com/search.php ... &year=2006
Bacon is love.
sir_smokealot
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:02 pm

yep, I know about that. What Im talking about is when, say for example, you click on information about his willie nelson poster, and underneath the picture, it has the artist, the venue etc...
When you click on "emek" you get this...

http://www.expressobeans.com/search.php?artist=6

I think it would be nice to apply filters to this page..
Bakedbeens
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:21 pm

I agree. With artists that have large portfolios, it would be nice to be able to filter them. Especially helps if you don't know exactly what you're looking for, and there's 50 pages of thumbnails to look thru.
Plus, our database isn't foolproof, some things get dropped when searching by year or type or band or venue; simply because it wasn't filled in on that item.
They do so much with just the notes that they have. I mean who does that? Who messes with that kind of stuff?
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:40 pm

Plus, our database isn't foolproof, some things get dropped when searching by year or type or band or venue; simply because it wasn't filled in on that item.
isn't this a reason not to have a filter on full portfolios?

I think that this will probably sit a bit lower on the "to do" list simply because the ability to filter an artist's collection is already something that can be done on the search page. If you want to view only a subset of the full portfolio of an artist (or band, etc.) then use the advanced search page and you can adjust the settings any way you'd like.
Tra la la la la...
dougr
Site Admin

Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:01 pm

a few filters might be usefull...especially "order by" imho...but i agree with Yamar.

but the fastest way to find a poster on EB is the firefox search plugin, even more powerful than the text search! don't even have to enter the full band name or artist name..."Jer Drea" pulls Jermaine's Dreamer up for example...or "EMEK 04," waaaay faster than using Advanced search. and it is available from any web page 'cause it's on the browser bar! 8)
Bakedbeens
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:10 pm

Oh, cool about the Firefox plugin. Have to try that. I'm impressed at how far the plugins have come.
They do so much with just the notes that they have. I mean who does that? Who messes with that kind of stuff?