Estimated Aggregate Value?

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
weyistrilson
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:58 pm

How about something on EB that takes the average prices per piece of a user's collection, and adds them together in some sort of aggregate form?
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:46 pm

Been discussed many a time, but the fact is that a LOT of pieces on EB have little or no sales data and some of that can be quite out of date (such as no recorded sales in 2 years). For this and other reasons, we've opted not to do this for quite some time - no real plans to adjust that any time soon.

I do know that some folks have used EB as a base for some insurance policy basis by printing out copies of the page and sales data for each print in their collection - or at least those that "matter". Yes, this can be a lot of paper for some folks, but I know that I've been meaning to do it as well...
Tra la la la la...
dougr
Site Admin

Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:01 pm

what would be more helpful imho would be to add a few fields to the "My Collection" entry form:

1) date purchased

2) price paid

3) purchased from

these would be private fields only viewable by the Member themselves.

presumably, things could be coded to give a grand total (if you really want to know ;) ).

these would be useful from an insurance standpoint, but also as a key part of tracking one's collection!